1999 Jordan IV - No production date on inner tag?

I was prepping my 1999 cement IV's to list on Ebay, and i noticed the inner tag has no production date. I know they are authentic, but i have lookedthrough Ebay listings and NT posts and every tag I have seen has the production date under the barcode.

I originally bought them from someone in the UK, maybe that has something to do with it? Different factories have different tags? Any info would beappreciated. Thanks

Normal tag (not mine):

My Pair:

Originally Posted by FastShoes

how much you looking to get for them... im in the market for a few new shoes
really?
sorry i canty help with that op
are you questioning if there legit or not?

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

really?

ahh yeah really.

Different factories have different tags?
This.

Notice the 'FT1' and 'FT4' lettering. Those indicate which factory they were made in. In your case, the FT4 factory didn't produce aproduction date - a common thing with older Air Jordan models.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Different factories have different tags?
This.

Notice the 'FT1' and 'FT4' lettering. Those indicate which factory they were made in. In your case, the FT4 factory didn't produce a production date - a common thing with older Air Jordan models.
Thanks! I figured it was the different factories, just didn't know why they would leave the production date off at one and not the other

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

really?

ahh yeah really.

damn, the JB forum is already useless, now u got buying on here too? SMH

Actually the numbers 990103 on 1st pic indicates a date too 01/03/99...and on your pic it's 990204 aka 02/04/99... what does the date mean?...Im notsure...go figure..but to answer the original post its hard to say some have that upc date and some don't..you get what you get... Is it just me or am I theonly one who notices that any shoe made in Taiwan, Korea or Vietnam make better quality shoes rather than made in China....Huge quality differences

^Yes, like some of the OG model and retros - the shoes made in Taiwan carried way more quality than those made in China.

Also cosign on the 990103, that is the production date - i figured OP might've knew that already.

Dude you are so WHACK, reminds me of the Freshestwhiteboy dude. Always trying to buy stuff off people.

As to OP, they are like that because different factories have different things on the tags, Legit and fresh

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Dude you are so WHACK, reminds me of the Freshestwhiteboy dude. Always trying to buy stuff off people.

As to OP, they are like that because different factories have different things on the tags, Legit and fresh

^^ yeah i came at him wit some ds concord 6rings cause hes lookin so i sent pics and wasted a bunch of time and HE FLAKED!!! and he gots the nerve to say heowns 300+ pairs of j's but NO 6RINGS ???????????
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

Actually the numbers 990103 on 1st pic indicates a date too 01/03/99...and on your pic it's 990204 aka 02/04/99... what does the date mean?...Im not sure...go figure..but to answer the original post its hard to say some have that upc date and some don't..you get what you get... Is it just me or am I the only one who notices that any shoe made in Taiwan, Korea or Vietnam make better quality shoes rather than made in China....Huge quality differences
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure those dates indicate the production runs for the shoes. Meaning "990103" indicatesthe shoes were produced year '99 from Jan (month #01) through March (month #03). With this logic you should never see the middle two digits higher thanthe last two, and they should both never be higher than 12.

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Whack? I didnt know people still used that word nowa days. Anyways no I was looking for shoes just picked up a pair of IV a few moments ago. Thank you though.Im sorry I should have said Coped right? I coped a pair of shoes a few secs ago homie. :hammer:

Also thanks for the guys that put the info about the date. I my self didnt know that.

that sounds right 'gotta love j's' ...since the two dates are from jan to feb theres probably another pair out there produced in march. im justputting the info together. so the production run is from jan to march...hope that makes sense. lol. my 97 black/red XIIs are the same with no production datebut has 9711?? or something like that

Originally Posted by Gotta Love Js

Actually the numbers 990103 on 1st pic indicates a date too 01/03/99...and on your pic it's 990204 aka 02/04/99... what does the date mean?...Im not sure...go figure..but to answer the original post its hard to say some have that upc date and some don't..you get what you get... Is it just me or am I the only one who notices that any shoe made in Taiwan, Korea or Vietnam make better quality shoes rather than made in China....Huge quality differences
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure those dates indicate the production runs for the shoes. Meaning "990103" indicates the shoes were produced year '99 from Jan (month #01) through March (month #03). With this logic you should never see the middle two digits higher than the last two, and they should both never be higher than 12.

Interesting!..

Originally Posted by Gotta Love Js

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure those dates indicate the production runs for the shoes. Meaning "990103" indicates the shoes were produced year '99 from Jan (month #01) through March (month #03). With this logic you should never see the middle two digits higher than the last two, and they should both never be higher than 12.

^^^ that was my understanding. I've read that before, but I can't remember where. If i had to guess maybe airjordans.com.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

^Yes, like some of the OG model and retros - the shoes made in Taiwan carried way more quality than those made in China.

Also cosign on the 990103, that is the production date - i figured OP might've knew that already.

interestin...

personally i would think they are legit because all numbers are real close to matching each other But not having the date on the tag that kinda threw me off.
you should post some pics of the shoes and we would be able to tell from there. still a clean pair though

Back
Top Bottom