2/4/2012 Red Foamposite One Vol: Here we go again Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by mrlongong

my homeboy said he had no luck getting them in kansas city. wasted a 3 hour drive to try to get them. only 5 customers actually got a pair he said. all the employees bought them. smh. only 24 pairs between 2 stores there. footaction/hoh

I was there! I was lucky enough to get a pair...but yea that's crazy how mad people missed out.

Originally Posted by polorico

The game has changed man , and i am only 22 thats the weird thing.

Back in my jordan prime the tuffest pair for me to snag were the grapes......

Now it seems like anything sells out thats "hot"

Its trends , i know yall remember when any retro jordan would sell out.......

Trends will die out over time , But i have never seen anything like this Were all the limited kobes,lbjs, and GR mikes and foamz make so much noise.

I feel ya '89 here and for me it waas the blk/chrome 8s I'm still hutrin over that one smh but it is crazy nowadays it wasn't sweet back in the day in the dmv but it wasn't this

Trends will die out over time , But i have never seen anything like this Were all the limited kobes,lbjs, and GR mikes and foamz make so much noise.

I feel ya '89 here and for me it waas the blk/chrome 8s I'm still hutrin over that one smh but it is crazy nowadays it wasn't sweet back in the day in the dmv but it wasn't this

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Anyone that's in Memphis, I saw City Gear at Wolf Chase Galleria still had 9.5s this morning.

:X
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ducktales

^ older cats , and prolly east coast dudes.

An Old school cat was like "i love the blues ,because when they dropped they were like nothing i had ever seen"

dude got the reds, cause he said he a pippen jersey on deck for em.

That is the truth!It's a generational thing. A lot of you get people have no idea how good he was before injuries hit him. Here's some highlights....none in the royal foams though.http://m.youtube.com/inde...=US#/watch?v=QFMBWqffvb0Numbers 5 and 2 are sick

That's the thing, for some of us older heads these have a little historical significance because they were supposed to be a pippen and he turned them down. (That's the rumor.  I could be mistaken) and Penny just happened to see them in a bag of samples and went for them.  

Originally Posted by ducktales

^ older cats , and prolly east coast dudes.

An Old school cat was like "i love the blues ,because when they dropped they were like nothing i had ever seen"

dude got the reds, cause he said he a pippen jersey on deck for em.

That is the truth!It's a generational thing. A lot of you get people have no idea how good he was before injuries hit him. Here's some highlights....none in the royal foams though.http://m.youtube.com/inde...=US#/watch?v=QFMBWqffvb0Numbers 5 and 2 are sick

That's the thing, for some of us older heads these have a little historical significance because they were supposed to be a pippen and he turned them down. (That's the rumor.  I could be mistaken) and Penny just happened to see them in a bag of samples and went for them.  

This was crazy in my area (Central VA)

When I copped the Royals last year, it was only me and one other dude waiting at Footlocker...

This year, almost 40 heads at the mall an hour before the stores opened...

Was like 11th in line at Footaction, apparently they only had around 10 pairs. I needed a 10.5 or 11 and they were long gone by the time I got in. Ended up with a 8.5 smh...

Just amazes me how quickly things changed. What exactly was it that set off all this hype, the Retro Blue Pros?

And yeah, half the cats who got these don't even know who Penny Hardaway is. The whole thing has turned me off to Foams majorly. All sneakers for that matter.

I dunno. I'll be 25 years old this year. Starting to think I'm getting to old for this %%!%.

This was crazy in my area (Central VA)

When I copped the Royals last year, it was only me and one other dude waiting at Footlocker...

This year, almost 40 heads at the mall an hour before the stores opened...

Was like 11th in line at Footaction, apparently they only had around 10 pairs. I needed a 10.5 or 11 and they were long gone by the time I got in. Ended up with a 8.5 smh...

Just amazes me how quickly things changed. What exactly was it that set off all this hype, the Retro Blue Pros?

And yeah, half the cats who got these don't even know who Penny Hardaway is. The whole thing has turned me off to Foams majorly. All sneakers for that matter.

I dunno. I'll be 25 years old this year. Starting to think I'm getting to old for this %%!%.

Pics of 34th Street Footlocker Midnight release line:
25f2cs5.jpg

After waiting for nearly 3 hours, Footlocker ran out of size 12, so I went to Footaction.
242g208.jpg

Pics of 34th Street Footlocker Midnight release line:
25f2cs5.jpg

After waiting for nearly 3 hours, Footlocker ran out of size 12, so I went to Footaction.
242g208.jpg

just came home from whitemarsh mall in MD.

most stores sold out but DTLR still had big sizes (10.5 and up) and didnt have them on display.

YOU DUDES WITH STOCKROOM PICS + MAKING REQUESTS TO TRADE WILL PROBABLY BE IN LINE FOR A VACATION.

just came home from whitemarsh mall in MD.

most stores sold out but DTLR still had big sizes (10.5 and up) and didnt have them on display.

YOU DUDES WITH STOCKROOM PICS + MAKING REQUESTS TO TRADE WILL PROBABLY BE IN LINE FOR A VACATION.

Its much tougher now. I'm 36. So I can give you all the old Oscar Robertson stories like Hubie Brown....some of my friends are in their forties and have some good ones too.So back in the day...late 80s early 90s. I lived a block away from a sneaker store in New Haven CT. This mom and pop sold sneakers, clothes, bikes, fixed screen windows, and we played spy hunter when that was the hot game. So Jordan's cost say $110 in the big box stores. We bought them for say $85 all in.So here's the equivalent of what you guys call hype beast moves back then for me. When Jordan's released at that time it was two different colorways a white and black pair, they released on Fridays so we skipped school (that's why they changed it to Saturdays years back). Playoff pairs followed later in the year. Kids would rock the pairs they bought the Monday after release....since we were the neighborhood kids our local store would sell us the pairs early, we paid cash and no receipt, we'd rock them on release day. Well other kids got hip to that and started doing the same. So we raised the ante, copped both the white and black pairs and wore one on each foot!.....Game over! Hang tags got nothing on those old school moves....I may need to find the granddads on this site and start shooting short films....

Its much tougher now. I'm 36. So I can give you all the old Oscar Robertson stories like Hubie Brown....some of my friends are in their forties and have some good ones too.So back in the day...late 80s early 90s. I lived a block away from a sneaker store in New Haven CT. This mom and pop sold sneakers, clothes, bikes, fixed screen windows, and we played spy hunter when that was the hot game. So Jordan's cost say $110 in the big box stores. We bought them for say $85 all in.So here's the equivalent of what you guys call hype beast moves back then for me. When Jordan's released at that time it was two different colorways a white and black pair, they released on Fridays so we skipped school (that's why they changed it to Saturdays years back). Playoff pairs followed later in the year. Kids would rock the pairs they bought the Monday after release....since we were the neighborhood kids our local store would sell us the pairs early, we paid cash and no receipt, we'd rock them on release day. Well other kids got hip to that and started doing the same. So we raised the ante, copped both the white and black pairs and wore one on each foot!.....Game over! Hang tags got nothing on those old school moves....I may need to find the granddads on this site and start shooting short films....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom