2/4/2012 Red Foamposite One Vol: Here we go again Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't planning to get them but at the very last minute I said fuk it and went for a pair online. Didn't manage to get a pair was salty as fuk last night after seeing everyone's post of getting their orders thru but it's all cool now :smile: on to the cements

I don't understand kids who try's to sell their foams for 500$ on cl even if they see it's flooded w 350$It's sad that kids thinks now they can get 500$ for vhtf shoes. I guess concords did this

I don't understand kids who try's to sell their foams for 500$ on cl even if they see it's flooded w 350$It's sad that kids thinks now they can get 500$ for vhtf shoes. I guess concords did this

I wasn't planning to get them but at the very last minute I said fuk it and went for a pair online. Didn't manage to get a pair was salty as fuk last night after seeing everyone's post of getting their orders thru but it's all cool now :smile: on to the cements

Originally Posted by toughmoney

Originally Posted by zebraska24

I tried to get a size 12 on NDC. Had everything ready to go submitted order at 12:02 and my size was already gone...
frown.gif

I submitted under a minute and were gone. Luckily I was fast enough to get a different size from ndc.

It does get frustrating at times. I passed on these so for me no issue, but on other releases I feel the same way. Whenever there is an opportunity to make money most people will take advantage of it. I don't criticize it, I'd probably buy off a reseller at my price and with the shoe I want. I'm lucky in that there is a small group of friends that are all the same size, so between us we look out for the others. I typically won't buy more than two pairs of any shoe, and trade an extra when my wife says to clean out the closet. I have a really hard time parting with what I buy....

Originally Posted by toughmoney

Originally Posted by zebraska24

I tried to get a size 12 on NDC. Had everything ready to go submitted order at 12:02 and my size was already gone...
frown.gif

I submitted under a minute and were gone. Luckily I was fast enough to get a different size from ndc.

It does get frustrating at times. I passed on these so for me no issue, but on other releases I feel the same way. Whenever there is an opportunity to make money most people will take advantage of it. I don't criticize it, I'd probably buy off a reseller at my price and with the shoe I want. I'm lucky in that there is a small group of friends that are all the same size, so between us we look out for the others. I typically won't buy more than two pairs of any shoe, and trade an extra when my wife says to clean out the closet. I have a really hard time parting with what I buy....

Midnight release at Kop hoh went off without a hitch was able to get my 11. I did happen to notice a crazy amount of resellers in line and hearing alot of I'm gonna make $$ of this shoe. It was sort of funny because how much can you really make off of 220 dollar general release shoe.

Midnight release at Kop hoh went off without a hitch was able to get my 11. I did happen to notice a crazy amount of resellers in line and hearing alot of I'm gonna make $$ of this shoe. It was sort of funny because how much can you really make off of 220 dollar general release shoe.

Originally Posted by Weatherman

This was crazy in my area (Central VA)

When I copped the Royals last year, it was only me and one other dude waiting at Footlocker...

This year, almost 40 heads at the mall an hour before the stores opened...

Was like 11th in line at Footaction, apparently they only had around 10 pairs. I needed a 10.5 or 11 and they were long gone by the time I got in. Ended up with a 8.5 smh...

Just amazes me how quickly things changed. What exactly was it that set off all this hype, the Retro Blue Pros?

And yeah, half the cats who got these don't even know who Penny Hardaway is. The whole thing has turned me off to Foams majorly. All sneakers for that matter.

I dunno. I'll be 25 years old this year. Starting to think I'm getting to old for this %%!%.
People reselling in their sigs maybe..

Originally Posted by Weatherman

This was crazy in my area (Central VA)

When I copped the Royals last year, it was only me and one other dude waiting at Footlocker...

This year, almost 40 heads at the mall an hour before the stores opened...

Was like 11th in line at Footaction, apparently they only had around 10 pairs. I needed a 10.5 or 11 and they were long gone by the time I got in. Ended up with a 8.5 smh...

Just amazes me how quickly things changed. What exactly was it that set off all this hype, the Retro Blue Pros?

And yeah, half the cats who got these don't even know who Penny Hardaway is. The whole thing has turned me off to Foams majorly. All sneakers for that matter.

I dunno. I'll be 25 years old this year. Starting to think I'm getting to old for this %%!%.
People reselling in their sigs maybe..

me n my bro copped our pairs at sheikh in valley fair mall. got there at 7am with only 4 ppl in front of us. got them with ease. about 15 ppl showed u around 8AM and they only had 10 pairs. then around 9 ppl from shoe palace tried to roll into our line since shoe palace pulled there usual shenanigans ( i learned from the concords release to never buy from shoe palaca ever again)

me n my bro copped our pairs at sheikh in valley fair mall. got there at 7am with only 4 ppl in front of us. got them with ease. about 15 ppl showed u around 8AM and they only had 10 pairs. then around 9 ppl from shoe palace tried to roll into our line since shoe palace pulled there usual shenanigans ( i learned from the concords release to never buy from shoe palaca ever again)

goddamm thats wat to many people in line for a shoe. These actually looked better in person that I thought though, believe it or not there was only about 15 people in line for these on the west coast and being about 8 or 9th in line I didnt manage to get my size but I got close. Only regret of the night was going to buy a pack of newports right after I pulled up because some guy literly beat me to the line by 5 steps and took the next closest size to my 11... smh

goddamm thats wat to many people in line for a shoe. These actually looked better in person that I thought though, believe it or not there was only about 15 people in line for these on the west coast and being about 8 or 9th in line I didnt manage to get my size but I got close. Only regret of the night was going to buy a pack of newports right after I pulled up because some guy literly beat me to the line by 5 steps and took the next closest size to my 11... smh

Originally Posted by ducktales

Originally Posted by polorico

The game has changed man , and i am only 22 thats the weird thing.

Back in my jordan prime the tuffest pair for me to snag were the grapes......

Now it seems like anything sells out thats "hot"

w
Its trends , i know yall remember when any retro jordan would sell out.......

Trends will die out over time , But i have never seen anything like this Were all the limited kobes,lbjs, and GR mikes and foamz make so much noise.

Its much tougher now. I'm 36. So I can give you all the old Oscar Robertson stories like Hubie Brown....some of my friends are in their forties and have some good ones too.

So back in the day...late 80s early 90s. I lived a block away from a sneaker store in New Haven CT. This mom and pop sold sneakers, clothes, bikes, fixed screen windows, and we played spy hunter when that was the hot game. So Jordan's cost say $110 in the big box stores. We bought them for say $85 all in.

So here's the equivalent of what you guys call hype beast moves back then for me. When Jordan's released at that time it was two different colorways a white and black pair, they released on Fridays so we skipped school (that's why they changed it to Saturdays years back). Playoff pairs followed later in the year. Kids would rock the pairs they bought the Monday after release....since we were the neighborhood kids our local store would sell us the pairs early, we paid cash and no receipt, we'd rock them on release day. Well other kids got hip to that and started doing the same. So we raised the ante, copped both the white and black pairs and wore one on each foot!.....Game over! Hang tags got nothing on those old school moves....

I may need to find the granddads on this site and start shooting short films....

Damn, you took me back. Im a lil younger than you but yeah, those were the days. I never rocked Jordans because EVERYONE wore J's and I didnt like following the crowd. But I had just every OG Nike Basketball shoe, trainer, and running shoe that dropped in the '90's. Got my first job at 14 just to buy kicks. Nikes, Guess jeans, Lo, Starter jackets, and Jansports....that was the uniform. I remember coming home with the OG Royals and ma dukes cursing me out cuz I spent damn near my whole check on sum "moon boots", lol. Good times my dude...makes me wanna go out and cop New Jack City on blu-ray.

Originally Posted by ducktales

w

Trends will die out over time , But i have never seen anything like this Were all the limited kobes,lbjs, and GR mikes and foamz make so much noise.

Its much tougher now. I'm 36. So I can give you all the old Oscar Robertson stories like Hubie Brown....some of my friends are in their forties and have some good ones too.

So back in the day...late 80s early 90s. I lived a block away from a sneaker store in New Haven CT. This mom and pop sold sneakers, clothes, bikes, fixed screen windows, and we played spy hunter when that was the hot game. So Jordan's cost say $110 in the big box stores. We bought them for say $85 all in.

So here's the equivalent of what you guys call hype beast moves back then for me. When Jordan's released at that time it was two different colorways a white and black pair, they released on Fridays so we skipped school (that's why they changed it to Saturdays years back). Playoff pairs followed later in the year. Kids would rock the pairs they bought the Monday after release....since we were the neighborhood kids our local store would sell us the pairs early, we paid cash and no receipt, we'd rock them on release day. Well other kids got hip to that and started doing the same. So we raised the ante, copped both the white and black pairs and wore one on each foot!.....Game over! Hang tags got nothing on those old school moves....

I may need to find the granddads on this site and start shooting short films....

Damn, you took me back. Im a lil younger than you but yeah, those were the days. I never rocked Jordans because EVERYONE wore J's and I didnt like following the crowd. But I had just every OG Nike Basketball shoe, trainer, and running shoe that dropped in the '90's. Got my first job at 14 just to buy kicks. Nikes, Guess jeans, Lo, Starter jackets, and Jansports....that was the uniform. I remember coming home with the OG Royals and ma dukes cursing me out cuz I spent damn near my whole check on sum "moon boots", lol. Good times my dude...makes me wanna go out and cop New Jack City on blu-ray.

It ain't rocket science; if you played Tekken, Jet Moto & Twisted Metal on PS1, you most likely aren't gonna stop playing Madden, MW3, 2K12 now on PS3 just cause you're older.  Same thing with shoes - true heads don't die.  If you were a sneakerhead in '92, you're still a sneakerhead in 2012.  But you also got the cats new to the game over the past 10 years (i.e. teenagers) who want the latest & greatest too. 

Yeah, resellers impacted the game but more or less its the fact that more people want the kicks which also means more limited editions are gonna drop.  It sucks not having a walk in the park,  but like in anything in life, if you really want it you'll do what you gotta do to get it.

It ain't rocket science; if you played Tekken, Jet Moto & Twisted Metal on PS1, you most likely aren't gonna stop playing Madden, MW3, 2K12 now on PS3 just cause you're older.  Same thing with shoes - true heads don't die.  If you were a sneakerhead in '92, you're still a sneakerhead in 2012.  But you also got the cats new to the game over the past 10 years (i.e. teenagers) who want the latest & greatest too. 

Yeah, resellers impacted the game but more or less its the fact that more people want the kicks which also means more limited editions are gonna drop.  It sucks not having a walk in the park,  but like in anything in life, if you really want it you'll do what you gotta do to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom