#2 House Republican Eric Cantor lost his seat in congress

ummm so yeah this is like extremely surprising

2nd most powerful republican in the house lost his seat to a random tea party member. This will have effect and lead the more moderate republicans to go wayyyy to the right.

any thoughts?

Serious question, what do Tea Party people believe in? What do they stand for politically?

Are they liberals, conservatives?

I dont wanna google it bc they can say they're one thing, but act another.

Serious question, what do Tea Party people believe in? What do they stand for politically?

I always thought they were on the middle

I always thought they were on the middle
The Tea Party claims to be anti-establishment, and perhaps they are, but their stances are generally right-leaning/conservative/libertarian/however else you want to spin it..

Here's what they stand for in a nutshell: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract_from_America

Last edited:

Tea Party is a hard right movement in the GOP, libertarianish kinda. They believe in "small government" :rolleyes

Except when it fits the GOP agenda of course :lol:

But of course that is really a more of a problem with the people with the movement, as opposed to the movement itself

Last edited:
Tea Party essentially believes in anything that goes along with the constitution, any argument they make usually they just throw the word "constitution" in there as if your supposed to bow down or something. They are rich whites who love telling people they are anti-establishment even though they are the very definition of it. Irony at its finest.

Oh and many of their members are racist as hell. I seen a Tea party rally in DC. :x

The stuff they were saying about Obama :wow: :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Tea Party is a bunch of quacks who are extremely out of touch with reality. Basically the most right of the right. 

The only way I see the Republican party winning the big one anytime soon is if they become more socially liberal, while staying fiscally conservative. They do that, and they'll dominate. Those idiots are too caught up in the literal interpretation of that fairytale though. 

Love wiping my *** with the Michelle Bachmann toilet paper at my parents house. 

Last edited:
Tea Party is a bunch of quacks who are extremely out of touch with reality. Basically the most right of the right. 

The only way I see the Republican party winning the big one anytime soon is if they become more socially liberal, while staying fiscally conservative. They do that, and they'll dominate. Those idiots are too caught up in the literal interpretation of that fairytale though. 

That's somewhat of a fallacy though because they will lose the religious right. So many poor stupid white people vote Republican because of Guns 'n Jesus.

I could see libertarians replacing the GOP, of course this wouldn't happen till most of us are in our 40s though.

That's somewhat of a fallacy though because they will lose the religious right. So many poor stupid white people vote Republican because of Guns 'n Jesus.

the day the poor white person wakes up and see they are in the same boat as minorities the day we could maybe see true reform.

So basically, become Democrats.

So basically, become Democrats.

thats a libertarian.

A lot of libertarians live in a fantasy world though. Were everyone will get treated fairly just cause.

A lot of libertarians live in a fantasy world though. Were everyone will get treated fairly just cause.
I agree with a lot of libertarianism, but a lot of its followers are optimistic to a fault.  Hell...I'm guilty of it too sometimes.

problem i see with libertarianism is that they are minarchists. they want everything to be as voluntary as possible and thats where the conflict with libertarian starts. how can you be for voluntary actions when you want a limited government. it doesnt make sense when any government survives and thrives off taxation of xyz

Back
Top Bottom