2 year old girl run over twice RIP

WOW like smfh, where were the parents like really
mad.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

This was posted on reddit about why so many people overlooked it

"In China, this kind of situation is referred to as the 'Peng Yu' effect. Before you condemn then, you have to understand their situation. The law right now in China means that many victims of traffic accidents, or people who have fallen ill in the street have actually successfully sued the people that helped them for sums of money that could easily destroy lives, even if there is no evidence that they are the ones that caused the accident (because they were not). There is a China Daily article on this topic.
In a country that executes more than any other, I wonder how willing you would be to potentially implicate yourself in a crime by helping a stranger. Yes, its very sad. But I, for one, find it hard to blame them in this situation. The law needs to change before people can become less suspicious."

There is a pretty good discussion about it all
http://www.reddit.com/tb/ldy5h

^replace the _ _ _ with w t f 

just about to talk about this....
but honestly, how cruel do you have to be to not help out a young child?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Help late; girl run over by 2 vans dies[/h1]By Liang Yiwen  |  2011-10-17 

A two-year-old toddler was run over by two vans and mortally wounded, after which 18 people passed her indifferently in south China's Guangdong Province.

Thanks to the 19th passer-by, a woman garbage collector who came to her aid about seven minutes after the first hit, the girl didn't die immediately in last Thursday's incident. But doctors said the girl died yesterday from severe brain injuries she had suffered in the accident.

Police have detained both drivers.

After the surveillance video of the incident was put online yesterday, many netizens condemned the 18 passers-by who could have helped the girl avoid the second accident. The case was the latest to bring home the question of whether people today are too cold-blooded to help, or whether it's smart to stay away from an accident to avoid the chance of being accused of responsibility by the victim.

The girl, identified by her parents as Yueyue, was knocked down by a van about 5:30pm last Thursday, when walking alone in a hardware wholesaling market in the city of Foshan. The car driver stopped for a while after the front wheel rolled over the girl. But he sped away soon and the rear wheel crushed her again.

A witness walked around the girl lying on the narrow street without stopping, the surveillance camera showed. Then a biker and a pedestrian passed her but ignored the girl struggling in a pool of blood.

A second van driver, who didn't see the girl, crushed her again and fled the scene. After the second hit, Yueyue became motionless.

Over the ensuing five minutes, 15 people passed her and each of them just took a look. None stopped to lend a hand.

Then finally, about seven minutes after the girl was hit by the first van, the trash collector came to her aid. She rushed to help her sit up but Yueyue was paralyzed. So the woman moved her from the middle of the street to the side. She yelled for help and Yueyue's mother came and held her daughter in her arms.

Yueyue was rushed to the General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Command, where she remained in the intensive care unit until she died yesterday afternoon.

"She couldn't breathe on her own," said Wen Qiang, deputy director of the ICU department.

The incident is the latest example of passers-by acting indifferently to victims injured in crimes. In this case, some blamed the parents for letting the girl walk on the street alone. More criticized the phenomenon of people passing by without helping, caused at least in part by previous extortion attempts from the injured and their families who have sometimes tried to blame the person helping.

The notorious "Nanjing Peng Yu" incident is fresh in people's minds even after five years. In 2006, in Nanjing City in east China, a young man named Peng Yu who had just gotten off a bus went to aid a 65-year-old woman who was knocked down by a fellow passenger. The woman eventually sued Peng, claiming he was the one who knocked her down.

In September, an 88-year-old man lay helpless on a crowded avenue in Wuhan City in central China for about 90 minutes before someone took him to the hospital. The old man died from a nosebleed that blocked his airway, suffocating him.

Link

tired.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

Can't watch this kind of thing. Stupid bystander effect.
naw you can't even call it that...they COMPLETELY DODGED her, its different when you're frozen in da moment when something is going on....

damn, asian cats is not giving a damn....must be some kinda culture thing.

Originally Posted by MrBrown

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Originally Posted by Freeze

damn...she aint gonna be in rush hour 4...
Wow. 
word? See you next month lame
lol fall back, i'm not getting banned, i didn't do anything to anybody here. i just made a joke, perhaps in poor taste, but whatever, such is life.

enjoy that cheese.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

This was posted on reddit about why so many people overlooked it

"In China, this kind of situation is referred to as the 'Peng Yu' effect. Before you condemn then, you have to understand their situation. The law right now in China means that many victims of traffic accidents, or people who have fallen ill in the street have actually successfully sued the people that helped them for sums of money that could easily destroy lives, even if there is no evidence that they are the ones that caused the accident (because they were not). There is a China Daily article on this topic.
In a country that executes more than any other, I wonder how willing you would be to potentially implicate yourself in a crime by helping a stranger. Yes, its very sad. But I, for one, find it hard to blame them in this situation. The law needs to change before people can become less suspicious."

There is a pretty good discussion about it all
http://www.reddit.com/tb/ldy5h

^replace the _ _ _ with w t f 

just about to talk about this....
but honestly, how cruel do you have to be to not help out a young child?
If this is true, im pretty sure most of the people in here wouldnt help. 

This is typical in most poor 3rd world countries, death is common. From our point of view, its a huge social shocker. From their point of view, they view death is so common that it goes unnoticed. I am born and raised Asian-American Citizen from California and watching this was not only grueling but I actually felt physically disgusted. We need to educate and civilize 3rd world countries so things like this don't happen.

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

yea.. China sucks.
Sucks to generalize, but there's a lot of truth to it
tired.gif
. Many are definitely less compassionate there and don't worry about others unless it concerns them.

Needless to say, it's disgusting.

Originally Posted by MrBrown

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

damn...she aint gonna be in rush hour 4...
Wow. 
word? See you next month lame
lol fall back, i'm not getting banned, i didn't do anything to anybody here. i just made a joke, perhaps in poor taste, but whatever, such is life.

enjoy that cheese.

some dude just got banned for a corny joke in the dog thread.

sooo, see you next month is a possibility.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by amel223

Can't watch this kind of thing. Stupid bystander effect.
naw you can't even call it that...they COMPLETELY DODGED her, its different when you're frozen in da moment when something is going on....

damn, asian cats is not giving a damn....must be some kinda culture thing.
I just assumed it was the bystander effect.  I didn't click the vid.

Originally Posted by YeeItsDAMON

This is typical in most poor 3rd world countries, death is common. From our point of view, its a huge social shocker. From their point of view, they view death is so common that it goes unnoticed. I am born and raised Asian-American Citizen from California and watching this was not only grueling but I actually felt physically disgusted. We need to educate and civilize 3rd world countries so things like this don't happen.
eyes.gif

Terrible. Seems like this is happening all too often. Reminds me of the incident in NYC. 

Lead the way Jesus.

In a country with over 1 billion people, you really think they give a **%! about one person? By no means am I defending the actions of the people, but crap like this happens everyday. Yes, even in your oh so civilized America. Someone gets smoked in your local hood, cops question neighbors, neighbors dont say +%%#. Same principles, different setting.

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

Lead the way Jesus.

In a country with over 1 billion people, you really think they give a **%! about one person? By no means am I defending the actions of the people, but crap like this happens everyday. Yes, even in your oh so civilized America. Someone gets smoked in your local hood, cops question neighbors, neighbors dont say +%%#. Same principles, different setting.
This is a horrible example. someone not speaking on a situation because they are afraid of the consequences of speaking up (which is usually the case here) versus someone straight PASSING on helping someone with no fear of the consequences
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom