2006 Air Jordan 5 "Fire Red" Question

Hey guys. Didn't really know where to put this thread (because I'm kinda new here) but I have a question about the 06' Fire Red 5's. Is the bubble or whatever you call it near your ankle supposed to be soft or kinda squishy or hard? On my pair one shoe's bubble is soft but the other one's is harder. What are they supposed to be? Kinda of a weird question but it would be cool to know. So anybody that owns a pair that they rock could you tell me? lol.

On my pair they (I call it the show collar lol) are kind of firm.
You also have to remember though that even though there were thousands of this particular shoe made that each shoe is still not the same. Do you feel comfortable with the ankle support or is it sort of lacking?

Are you talking about the ankle bump? [Blue Arrow]

Or the Air bubble? [Red Arrow]

The ankle bump should feel kinda soft on 2006 V's, easily depressed, but still a little structure to it. But its not supposed to be a hard leather shell. No big deal if they dont feel exactly the same

The air bubble should be pretty firm, not so easy to push in, but they obviously should feel the same, if they dont then you may have an under-inflated air bag

Are you talking about the ankle bump? [Blue Arrow]
Or the Air bubble? [Red Arrow]

The ankle bump should feel kinda soft on 2006 V's, easily depressed, but still a little structure to it. But its not supposed to be a hard leather shell. No big deal if they dont feel exactly the same
The air bubble should be pretty firm, not so easy to push in, but they obviously should feel the same, if they dont then you may have an under-inflated air bag
Thanks for the responses guys! I was talking about the ankle bump. They feel perfectly fine while walking just got got scared I guess that it was only on my pair.

dont be surprised if the material already feels weird, my 06 fire red Vs crumbled already, then again I live in a very humid country, and its been already 6 years since it released.

dont be surprised if the material already feels weird, my 06 fire red Vs crumbled already, then again I live in a very humid country, and its been already 6 years since it released.
Yeah I live in the New England so it's a cool climate usually. I store my kicks in the basement which is pretty cool especially now since it's fall. So I'm not too worried about that right now.

Back
Top Bottom