2007/08 NOR CAL SNOWBOARD SEASON vol ITS SNOWING!!!

Originally Posted by ludex360

any one been to tahoe lately
Went last weekend, and the storm forced us to stay in our cabin Friday and Saturday. Sunday was a good day overall, Northstar had a lot of powder; fellhard on my shoulder though. . .

I should be going up on thursday hopefully, its probably gonna be whiter than i remember from all these snow storms.

Boreal is $10 on Friday if you are a college student. Should be a nice day.

I was there last Wed. It was freakin' awesome! 10 ft. of fresh powder. Clear day with no wind. I went to Heavenly and ended up getting a season pass. Itwas kind of a no-brainer. $77(or $78...I forget) for 1 day or $369 for the season. Plus you get 4 $40 buddy passes and 3 days free at either Vail, BeaverCreek, or Breck. That 3 days free at Vail almost pays for the pass. $92 a day to ride in Vail. Personally not a big fan of Heavenly but you can't beattheir convenience. For me, nothing beats a 2 minute walk to the Gondola from Harrah's.

Went to Sugar Bowl on Sunday. Snow is getting a little hard/icey after all those storms, but still a good day out. Thinking about goin to Homewood onSaturday or Sunday, if anyone's ever been there before, let me know what you thought of it.
pimp.gif

yo i'm lookin to finally purchase my own gear and upgrade some of my stuff (goggles, gloves.) when/where do they usually have super fat snowboard/skigear/apparel sales in San Francisco? i know of lombardi's, but when is their sale usually (april, may... august)? where else is there to go? i ain't tomuch up on my snowboard game... but i'm tryna cop on some super deals. any feedback is much appreciated. thanks.

Went up yesterday (sat) to Sierra, and the conditions were pretty good. There was no snow coming down, but the storm left a lot.

Originally Posted by realmc

yo i'm lookin to finally purchase my own gear and upgrade some of my stuff (goggles, gloves.) when/where do they usually have super fat snowboard/ski gear/apparel sales in San Francisco? i know of lombardi's, but when is their sale usually (april, may... august)? where else is there to go? i ain't to much up on my snowboard game... but i'm tryna cop on some super deals. any feedback is much appreciated. thanks.

The best place for me is Sierra snowboard in Sac, they have a website as well, and everything goes on sale around March (30% off everything) then in Juneit ends up being 50-60% off everything.

So depending on how fast you want stuff, and how serious you are, then my suggestion is to wait.

any go to sierra or northstar real recitely? hows the snow conditions? it has been raining a bit

anyone work at a snowboard store or have any hook ups? im looking for a new jacket, googles and a travel type bag. anything specific in terms of brands/models,etc. that anyone would suggest? ive been boarding forever in the same old gear....sick of seeing all these people who barely can get down the mountianin fits 20x cooler then mine. time to take a break on kicks and upgrade my sowboard stuff.

any go to sierra or northstar real recitely? hows the snow conditions? it has been raining a bit
i went to northstar on saturday (26th) and the conditions were perfect. clear, sunny day and powder all over the place. didn't need chainstoo considering the storm that just passed. that was my first time at northstar and i must say i was really impressed. going to hit it up again next weekend.

yo jon,
going up next weekend (2/8-2/10). if you go hit me up. we're hitting the slopes all three days. well i might not do friday if i can't leave work.trying to make up for my lost 2007 season. our cabin is't far from sierra.

Is it good to purchase lift tickets from costco..? Im going with a pretty big group about 8...

I think i saw tix for Sierra at Safeway for $54.

still the best deal is the 3 pack. i think its $135 for 3, comes out to $45 a day for the rest of the season.

pick up a snowbomb card? kinda late, be still cheaper prices if you go up alot.

Not to sure, but if you stop by Zumiez, they have DC packs, with snowboard mag subscription. Also a voucher for Buy one get one free at Heavenly.

best of luck everybody! LETS RYDE!

i got one of those" buy one lift ticket, get one free" coupons from zumiez if anyone's interested. lift tickets are for heavenly.

was at sierra on sat. [the 2nd] The condition was
sick.gif
. Snowinglike crazy, but i think it was only for that day though. The conditions should be fine now though.

I just went to Boreal today with a $15 coupon from snowbomb, the conditions were great. Nice and sunny, this week should be sunny.

If anyone wants $15 coupon from Boreal, let me know, the next date is Feburary 29. I can scan it and it works
pimp.gif

To those that have been to Sierra...if I buy a Young Adult lift ticket elsewhere, like Craigslist, are they going to try & confirm my age?

Back
Top Bottom