2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

Antonio Margarito is going to figh on the Cotto VS mosley undercard

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

Quote:
Note: To anybody involved w/ Taylor/Pavlik...

Have these two confined to a padded room, plastic bubble ANYTHING that keeps them safe until the bell rings on Saturday night...
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

I can not wait for this Saturday.

I'm not sure Kelly wins, but I'll be rooting for him.

:pimp:
pimp.gif
Equipo BOXEO
Let's Go White Sox!​

i'm for kelly as well!

Anyway, i had my first amateur match last saturday... lost by referee stoppage :wow:
embarassed.gif
Cebu Boxing
Gorres, Banal, Bautista, Amonsot, Penalosa
TEAMSANDIEGO C H ARG E R S

why where you fighting a guy so far out of your class ? was there nobody at 165 to fight and nobody above 178 for him ?
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
[center

they said said with my ability and experience, the other guys at 160 would be overmatched by me... Not saying i'm that good, i just have more experience. they said the same to the other guy, the other guys in his weight division would be overmatched by him. Well come weigh in, we were supposed to be at least 170lbs. He made weight, i was still 160.. (heaviest i've ever been in my life is 167) Well, being the dumbass i am, i took the fight. Come fight night, dude rehydrated himself and blows up to at least 180-185... I come in at 161 after a full meal. I was just overmatched once the bell rung :\
ohwell.gif
Cebu Boxing
Gorres, Banal, Bautista, Amonsot, Penalosa

atleast u went in there and tire your best Darko.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
TEAMCOWBOYS

Brave of you to take the fight . But next time dont take the fight so what if they are overmatched and it was your fist fight so you dont have that much experience maybe gym time but thats different . I believe you go from novice to open class after 10 fights i know in some cases they would make the fight and exhibition . With you being 5'8 160 you should be able to get down to 152 . Its good you got the experience but you have to look out for yourself di the RSF did stop you or was it the standing 8 thing ?
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
[center

thanks for the love guys.. i appreciate it :D
happy.gif
ed attacking me, his punches went through my parries and blocks, then he got in an uppercut that put me down... ref stopped it after that.
Honestly, i didnt see the punch that hit me until i saw the video.

here's some pics i found in our local boxing site that some fans took: I'm the one in red. sorry, no pics of my KD.. lol

i had my moments too :wink:
wink.gif

being a good sport... yeah, i got friggin long hair.. i need all the lbs for the weigh in so i thought my hair would add a couple lbs :lol:
laugh.gif
Cebu Boxing​
Gorres, Banal, Bautista, Amonsot, Penalosa​

anyone watching the contender?? im not sure about letting Miguel fight but we will see.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
TEAMCOWBOYS

I think this ****** is about to get knocked out

:wow:
eek.gif
Hi s kids cryin like he bout to sit in the executioner chair :smh:
smh.gif

:lol:
laugh.gif
****** damn near knocked Homie out :rofl:
roll.gif

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Popcorn & Raisinettes, My Life's a Movie

Miguel looks like he doesn't want to be in there...
-|LESGodSonC0|-

TEAMYANKEES

TEAMGIANTS

johnson needs to stay outside and pick this ****** apart, miguel getting cocky after one good round.

EDIT:
:smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
TEAMCOWBOYS

I don't know if Amo already posted this but here is some news about the heavyweight division.

Peter to defend interim title vs. McCline:
By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com

The show will go on.

Samuel Peter will defend his brand-new interim heavyweight title against Jameel McCline at New York's Madison Square Garden on Oct. 6 (Showtime, 10 p.m. ET) after promoter Don King salvaged the card Wednesday night.

The card had been in jeopardy since last Friday, when WBC titleholder Oleg Maskaev withdrew from a mandatory defense against Peter (28-1, 22 KOs) because of a back injury.

But King was determined to save the card, making new deals this week with Showtime, Madison Square Garden, Peter and McCline, who had been scheduled to fight on the undercard.

King is getting used to the routine. It's the third card in the past month that he has rescued because of injury or illness to a main event fighter.

"People will say what they will about me, but look at the fights I've saved, three events in the last month," King told ESPN.com. "I was able to reschedule Fernando Vargas and Ricardo Mayorga [from Sept. 8] to Nov. 23 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. [Light heavyweight title challenger] Adrian Diaconu fell out last week against Chad Dawson, so I brought in Epifanio Mendoza to save the Sacramento card on Saturday for Showtime's free preview weekend. Oleg Maskaev fell out against Sam Peter on Friday. Now Samuel is the WBC interim champion and he'll face Jameel McCline on Oct. 6.

"I don't listen to naysayers. I care about results and performance and my record speaks for itself," he said.

Peter, 27, who won two elimination bouts against James Toney and has been awaiting a mandatory title shot since January, was awarded the interim title on Monday in the wake of an injury that will sideline Maskaev for several months.

McCline (38-7-3, 23 KOs), a longtime contender, was approved by the WBC as a challenger earlier Wednesday.

It's been a month of ups and downs for McCline. He was scheduled to face unretiring former titlist Vitali Klitschko on Sept. 22 in Germany, but Klitschko suffered a back injury and the fight was canceled.

Not wanting to waste months of preparation he had put in for the fight, McCline quickly signed with King, who matched him with DaVarryl Williamson on the Oct. 6 undercard.

When Maskaev fell out, McCline got the fight with Peter after Showtime rejected the infamous Andrew Golota, who was also scheduled to fight on the undercard.

Golota will remain on the card and face Mike Tyson conqueror Kevin McBride while McCline moves into the main event.

"It's crazy but that's why you've got to be ready for anything in boxing," McCline said. "I was in against Vitali, then Vitali was out. I was in against Williamson, and now I'm fighting for the [interim WBC] world heavyweight championship against Samuel Peter."

McCline has had three previous shots at versions of the heavyweight title. He was stopped in the 10th round by Wladimir Klitschko in December 2002; dropped a split decision to Chris Byrd, whom he knocked down, in November 2004; and lost via freakish third-round knockout to Nikolai Valuev on Jan. 20.

In the fight with Valuev, McCline, 37, went down without being hit by a punch at the end of the third round because his knee gave out. McCline was unable to continue and it was ruled a knockout. He underwent surgery a few days later and will be fighting for the first time since the injury. He's pumped for another shot.

"I'm a big, strong and talented heavyweight that can stand up and punch with Peter," McCline said. "This isn't the first time I've been in the ring with a world champion. I'm coming to win."

With McCline moving into the main event, Williamson (24-4, 20 KOs) will remain on the card but face Kali "Checkmate" Meehan (32-3, 26 KOs) of Australia in a 12-round bout for a regional belt.

Dan Rafael is the boxing writer for ESPN.com.

Equipo BOXEO
Let's Go White Sox!​

Quote:
If Taylor doesnt win this fight, Im gonna have to give up on him
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
OVERRATED he has no knock out power he couldn't even KO Kassim Ouma or Cory Spinks guys who are welterweights. I hope Pavlik KO's Taylor on saturday.

Ok JT time to shut the haters and Doubters UP. Pavlik ant ready :pimp:
pimp.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
TEAMCOWBOYS

People are betting Pavlik pretty hard. I don't know what the line opened at, but Taylor right now is only -125 to win. When was the last time an undisputed champ was almost even money with a guy with ONE notable win? To borrow a line from Bill Simmons, if gambling was legal in the US, i'd be putting a decent amount of money on Taylor to win.

And as far as people should have already given up on Taylor, yall are crazy. I scored the first bout for Taylor 115-113, so i don't get how he should be given up on for that. The 2nd fight i had him winning 115-114, and i had him only losing to Winky by 1 point in a fight with a LOT of close rounds, so i don't think draw is a bad decision at all. And Jermain does have some knockout power, he just hasn't had the right opponents to demonstrate that. Bernard has never been KO'd. Winky has never been KO'd. Kassim Ouma was KO'd once 8 years ago, and has NEVER been a Welterweight. He's been Junior middleweight his whole carer. Cory Spinks has a shaky chin, that much is true, but he didn't avoid the KO by against Taylor by absorbing his shots. He simply didn't get caught clean. If Taylor connected on a couple solid shots on Cory, he would've been out of there. Nobody looks good against anybody Jermain has fought in his last 5 fights. Reserve judgment for after this Pavlik fight. If he looks bad again, i'll buy into the overrated stuff.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

I never gamble and I was and still am considering putting money on Taylor but I've noticed A LOT people are now picking Pavlik, even the "experts". It's got me thinking twice.

I still have a lot of confidence in Taylor. I mean, he beat Hopkins...TWICE. That's a HUGE accomplishment and of course went to a draw with Winky. That really says a lot despite the Spinks performance...though I don't really hold that against him too much. It's hard to box a small, slick southpaw who runs around the ring all night.

I cannot wait...

Air 23 AJ , Taylor is overrated? Taylor has no knockout power? Have you watched Jermaine Taylor's career or are you just going by his last 2 fights?

I think Taylor walks through Pavlik the same way Pavlik walked through Miranda. I am pretty tired of the Pavlik hype and people @#%$ all over Taylor. Pavlik has ZERO resume to speak of but People knock Taylor for fighting the likes of Ouma and Spinks. Taylor is legit and the same can't be said for Pavlik. Taylor has been in there with P4P type fighters and is the middleweight champion. People are riding Pavlik because of a knockout of Edison Miranda? What exactly has Miranda done to garner such high acclaim?

Nevertheless I will be at Boardwalk Hall watching Berto destroy Estrada and Taylor expose Pavlik.

Looks like what many suspected is finally coming to the fore:

Quote:
According to multiple sources who attended an international anti-doping conference in Colorado Springs last November, Jeff Novitzky, a lead investigator in the BALCO case, alleged that boxer Shane Mosley started an elaborate doping regimen in the months prior to a Sept. 13, 2003, fight against Oscar de la Hoya.

As Novitzky explained in painstaking detail, two months before the light middleweight championship fight, Mosley, a client of the BALCO lab, began using "the clear" [THG] and "the cream" [testosterone], the designer substances that Barry Bonds, among other athletes, stands accused of using. Mosley supplemented this with doses of the blood-doping drug Erythropoietin (EPO), a hormone that artificially increases red blood production." and the letter "e," which investigators believe represents EPO. By Aug. 8, Mosley's hematocrit level had soared to 52.2. "Most men are in the low 40s," says anti-doping expert Dr. Gary Wadler. "Anything over 50 is considered off the charts." That level, Wadler says, is dangerously high but could benefit an athlete's stamina. According to the calendar, Mosley's last dose of EPO was administered on Sept. 8, five days before the fight.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more/09/28/mosley/index.html

This is obviously not the kind of publicity Mosley and Golden Boy Promotions want with his upcoming fight w/Cotto. Wonder if this is going to effect the business/personal relationship that De La Hoya and Mosley share.

That Pacman shirt that Feddie was rocking is serious. I must be late with it but I am definately gonna cop that if I can find it. Not too much Pacman gear out there. The dude is so fun to watch and I am excited for the next couple of weekends.

Also, this is way OT and late but there was some Jordan brand jacket at a fight a while ago. I cannot, for the life of me, remember who was fighting but the jacket was so ill. It was grey and it looked like it had an emblem of a country on it. I think the other colors were baby blue and yellow. I highly doubt anybody remembers it but it you have a clue that would help me out alot. I also doubt it is a general jacket but just thought I would throw it out there and see if anybody had some info.
MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

Quote:
Wonder if this is going to effect the business/personal relationship that De La Hoya and Mosley share.
ANGELS BASEBALL
TRY AS YOU MIGHT, YOU CAN'T GET THE MONKEY OFF YOUR BACK.​

Back
Top Bottom