2009-10 NBA Uniform Number Changes

I don't know how many people care, but I've noticed that a few notable players have changed jersey numbers since last year. Add more that you havenoticed.

Nate Robinson #4 to #2
Chauncey Billups #7 to #1
JR Smith #1 to #5
Tracy McGrady #1 to #3
Ron Artest #96 to #37
Jason Kapono #24 to #72
Trevor Ariza #3 to #1

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Shawn Marion #0
There can only be one
grin.gif

Arron Afflalo #28 to #6 Ben Wallace #4 to #6 Sonny Weems #13 to # 24 Dahntay Jones #30 to #1

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Trevor Ariza #3 to #1
frown.gif
i wouldve bought this if he was a Laker still
It's funny, well not really cuz he's gone now, I was gonna buy his jersey, but when I heard he was going to go back to #1 in theoffseason, I was going to wait.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by romedadude

I don't know how many people care, but I've noticed that a few notable players have changed jersey numbers since last year. Add more that you have noticed.

Nate Robinson #4 to #2
JR Smith #1 to #5
Tracy McGrady #1 to #3
Ron Artest #96 to #37
Jason Kapono #24 to #72
Trevor Ariza #3 to #1
what an ugly number.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

Originally Posted by romedadude

I don't know how many people care, but I've noticed that a few notable players have changed jersey numbers since last year. Add more that you have noticed.

Nate Robinson #4 to #2
JR Smith #1 to #5
Tracy McGrady #1 to #3
Ron Artest #96 to #37
Jason Kapono #24 to #72
Trevor Ariza #3 to #1
what an ugly number.

The Sixers told us Kapono had hoped to wear number 24 which he has worn throughout his NBA career, but as Sixers fans know, a 24 jersey hangs in the rafters ofthe Spectrum, retired for the great Bobby Jones. Since Kapono couldn't get his number of choice, he reasoned that he was brought in here to drain threepointers so he'd simply multiply his old number times three. Yes, I double checked on my scientific calculator: 24*3=72.

http://www.the700level.com/2009/10/why-in-the-world-is-jason-kapono-wearing-number-72.html

Wait... so Tracy goes from 1 to 3, and Ariza goes from 3 to 1... This doesnt make sense. Anybody have a reason why the two swapped, even though both playershad their "old" numbers with previous teams?

Back
Top Bottom