2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

smh.gif
@ Anderson... I can't stand the guy... Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Riquelme to Man City would be dope as hell.
for whom?

that would be disastrous for city and riquelme.

anyways, just read that sneijder is in milan and the deal is imminent.

i didn't know that RM was his dream club. sucks for him to have to leave, but he's probably doing the right thing for his career. especially sinceit's a WC year.

great news for inter.

van der vaart is in a sticky situation, and it's pretty sad. he said he wants to go somewhere that can provide the best treatment for his wife, who hasbreast cancer. so it makes the options even more limited. i don't think he'd be a good fit for either liverpool or arsenal, but they are top clubs.dunno what kind of medical hospitals and treatment centers, etc. liverpool and london provide. but i know houston has some of the best cancer treatment sites.so he should come here and play for the dynamo!

Originally Posted by SinnerP

smh.gif
@ Anderson... I can't stand the guy... Am I missing something?

i have no idea what the hell is going on right now at united.

when asked why carrick didn't play against wigan, fergie commented by saying something like "you'll have to ask him."
eek.gif

According to Onda Cero, Wesley Sneijder has blocked the transfer to Inter Milan at the last moment due to "personal reasons." He reignited the stancethat he deserves to be on this team.

What a slap to Inter's face.. lol

yea i just read that in another forum.

*%+?

dude's dealing with his own demons too. he was involved in a nasty divorce after cheating on his wife. dunno if that has anything to do with wanting tostay in madrid.

Thats partly why he is in this situation.. His own actions (adultery) unraveled his personal life. Its hard to focus on your football when all of that is goingdown. Not just your wife whom you may be unhappy with but your not seeing your kids takes a toll.

Sneijder's first few months in Madrid were amazing. I still remember his freekick vs Atletico in the beginning of the 07-08 season or his monster game vsVillareal at El Madrigal, 5-0 to Madrid. That aside, hes been inconsistent and disappointing. Therefore, expendable.

Marca reports.. Sneijder's attitude and reasoning for wanting to stay has convinced Manuel Pellegrini and Jorge Valdano that he may have something to offerthis team.

this is definitely one of the most bizarre transfer windows in recent history.

just checked wikipedia, and looks like RM gave the #10 to lass too. (i know it's only wiki, but still)

They gave the 10 to Lass for the friendly vs. Rosenborg in order to let the reality sink that Sneijder was not needed/wanted. In addition, Mahamadou Diarramade his return after 9 months since suffering a knee injury. M. Diarra was wearing his original number, 6 in that same friendly. Not sure how the numbersituation will turn out if Sneijder stays.

What a bizzare incident at Upton Park during the WHU-Millwall Carling Cup match. A man stabbed, smh.

Edit: If anyone is looking for a football avy shoot me a pm and Ill see what I can do.

Originally Posted by zizou

for whom?

i didn't know that RM was his dream club. sucks for him to have to leave, but he's probably doing the right thing for his career. especially since it's a WC year.

great news for inter.

van der vaart is in a sticky situation, and it's pretty sad. he said he wants to go somewhere that can provide the best treatment for his wife, who has breast cancer. so it makes the options even more limited. i don't think he'd be a good fit for either liverpool or arsenal, but they are top clubs. dunno what kind of medical hospitals and treatment centers, etc. liverpool and london provide. but i know houston has some of the best cancer treatment sites. so he should come here and play for the dynamo!
I dunno if its because my beer league soccer team is all Argentinians that praise Riquelme like Christ or not but dude can still play at his age. He could hold his own as a CM in the Prem. His style of play would only help Man City.

Disastrous? Nah son.

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Striker Roman Pavlyuchenko has derailed Tottenham's flying start to the season by demanding a transfer from White Hart Lane.
Full story: The Sun

Spurs are in talks with Internacional over £15m-rated Brazil midfielder Sandro, while exploring a loan deal for Le Havre midfielder Kevin Anin and trailingDinamo Zagreb striker Mario Mandzukic. (Daily Mail)

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is also assessing Honduras defender Osman Chavez. (The Independent)

Everton are set to pip Aston Villa to the £5m signing of Portsmouth defender Sylvain Distin.

Villa have agreed a £6m fee to sign Manchester City centre-half Richard Dunne.
Full story:Daily Mail

Joleon Lescott only completed his £24m move from Everton to Manchester City after an embarrassing hold-up over payments to agents.
Full story: DailyMirror

Manchester United will launch a deadline-day bid to sign former Chelsea winger Arjen Robben from Real Madrid.
[table][tr][td]
o.gif
[/td] [td]
606: DEBATE

Who would you like your club to buy and/or sell before the window slams shut on 1 September?

David O, BBC Sport
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is making a shock £1.5m move for Tottenham full-back Pascal Chimbonda.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Bolton manager Gary Megson has made a £6m move for Real Betis midfielder Achille Emana.

Bolton striker Ricardo Vaz Te is in talks with Turkish club Gaziantepspor and is also attracting interest from Cologne. (Daily Mail)

Sunderland defender Paul McShane is set to complete a £2m move to Hull, with whom he had a loan spell last season.

A player on his way to Sunderland is Ahmed Al Muhammadi, after Black Cats boss Steve Bruce agreed a season-long loan deal for the ENPPI full-back.

Birmingham are set to sign Spanish midfielder Michel in a £3m deal from Sporting Gijon after owner-in-waiting Carson Yeung pledged to put his owncash in to help City manager Alex McLeish.
Fullstory: Daily Mirror

Livorno striker Alessandro Diamanti will have a medical at West Ham on Wednesday and is expected to complete a £5.5m move to Upton Park this week. (TheSun)

Sporting Gijon want to take Liverpool reserve goalkeeper Charles Itandje on a season-long loan.

Striker Jon Stead and midfielders Owen Garvan and Alan Quinn have been transfer listed by Ipswich manager Roy Keane.

Watford striker Tommy Smith is on the verge of a £1.8m move to Portsmouth after stalling on a switch to Reading at the 11th hour.

QPR are set to sign young Arsenal striker Jay Simpson on a season-long loan. (Daily Express)

http:// OTHER GOSSIP

Arsene Wenger believes the impressive form of defender William Gallas proves the Arsenal manager was right to strip his fellow Frenchman of thecaptaincy last season.

Manchester United striker Michael Owen is set to miss out on a place in England's squad for the forthcoming friendly against Slovenia and the World Cupqualifier against Croatia after failing to impress the coach of his national side Fabio Capello.

United have opened negotiations with Park Ji-Sung over a new four-year contract worth £65,000 a week .
Full story: DailyTelegraph

With Richard Dunne linked with a switch from Manchester City following the arrival of Joleon Lescott, defender Kolo Toure is set to be named the club'snew captain.

Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida, 19, is to be rewarded with a new long-term contract after being promoted to the first-team squad.

Gunners winger Theo Walcott has been ruled out of England's World Cup qualifier against Croatia on 9 September with a back injury.
Fullstory: Daily Telegraph

Businessman Geoff Sheard has entered the race to take over at Newcastle but the club have yet to receive proof that he has the funs to launch a bid.(The Sun)

get robben!!!

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

Manchester United striker Michael Owen is set to miss out on a place in England's squad for the forthcoming friendly against Slovenia and the World Cup qualifier against Croatia after failing to impress the coach of his national side Fabio Capello.
no worries,Michael...
anyway,i hope he's not distracted by the thought of playing for England again...
i'd rather see him concentrate on club football for United...

Originally Posted by Henri2310

What a bizzare incident at Upton Park during the WHU-Millwall Carling Cup match. A man stabbed, smh.

Edit: If anyone is looking for a football avy shoot me a pm and Ill see what I can do.

yea it was like real-life green street hooligans. crazy.

for whom?

i didn't know that RM was his dream club. sucks for him to have to leave, but he's probably doing the right thing for his career. especially since it's a WC year.

great news for inter.

van der vaart is in a sticky situation, and it's pretty sad. he said he wants to go somewhere that can provide the best treatment for his wife, who has breast cancer. so it makes the options even more limited. i don't think he'd be a good fit for either liverpool or arsenal, but they are top clubs. dunno what kind of medical hospitals and treatment centers, etc. liverpool and london provide. but i know houston has some of the best cancer treatment sites. so he should come here and play for the dynamo!
I dunno if its because my beer league soccer team is all Argentinians that praise Riquelme like Christ or not but dude can still play at his age. He could hold his own as a CM in the Prem. His style of play would only help Man City.

Disastrous? Nah son.

do you watch soccer? in particular the premier league and riquelme?

1. yes, he can still play. he's only, what, 31? so he still has a lot of years left.
2. if you watch the PL and riquelme, you'll know that he is too slow and immobile of the league. he'll have no time on the ball. look what happened toveron when he played in the league during his peak years. in england, a lot of "#10"'s like joe cole or rosicky or nasri or arteta are playedout on the wings. there's just no room for a true #10 to function in the middle. riquelme will get lost there. he's too slow on the wings and we'veseen him fail there at barca.
3. he has to have a team practically built around him and let him function has a true #10. in england and in the modern game, that style is rarely playedanymore. he was able to play that way at villareal, and that's why he was good and the team played well.
4. tell me why you think his "style" would help man city? imo, it would only be a hinderance. he would hold the ball too long while trying to pickpasses. however, as i mentioned, he won't have the kind of time he needs in that league.
5. there is a reason why none of the top clubs have been interested in him.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

Manchester United striker Michael Owen is set to miss out on a place in England's squad for the forthcoming friendly against Slovenia and the World Cup qualifier against Croatia after failing to impress the coach of his national side Fabio Capello.
no worries,Michael...
anyway,i hope he's not distracted by the thought of playing for England again...
i'd rather see him concentrate on club football for United...
agree 100%.

he just needs to keep scoring, and hopefully, getting off the mark against wigan will only help.

however, i feel like capello just doesn't like owen. if he's using the "not in form" and "injured" excuse while he's healthyand scoring goals, it'll only heighten my speculation.

but owen's always been a class act. he'll keep his head up and do his job. he's still england's best finisher.

for whom?

great news for inter.

Disastrous? Nah son.

1. yes, he can still play. he's only, what, 31? so he still has a lot of years left.
2. if you watch the PL and riquelme, you'll know that he is too slow and immobile of the league. he'll have no time on the ball. look what happened to veron when he played in the league during his peak years. in england, a lot of "#10"'s like joe cole or rosicky or nasri or arteta are played out on the wings. there's just no room for a true #10 to function in the middle. riquelme will get lost there. he's too slow on the wings and we've seen him fail there at barca.
3. he has to have a team practically built around him and let him function has a true #10. in england and in the modern game, that style is rarely played anymore. he was able to play that way at villareal, and that's why he was good and the team played well.
4. tell me why you think his "style" would help man city? imo, it would only be a hinderance. he would hold the ball too long while trying to pick passes. however, as i mentioned, he won't have the kind of time he needs in that league.
I feel like it would be a similar situation as Deco at Chelsea. Deco obviously hasn't settled well into the Prem and I dont see how Riquelmewould be any different. Yes he adds experience, and would be another big name to City but I dont see it panning out with much success. But who knows.

Originally Posted by Henri2310

for whom?

great news for inter.

Disastrous? Nah son.

2. if you watch the PL and riquelme, you'll know that he is too slow and immobile of the league. he'll have no time on the ball. look what happened to veron when he played in the league during his peak years. in england, a lot of "#10"'s like joe cole or rosicky or nasri or arteta are played out on the wings. there's just no room for a true #10 to function in the middle. riquelme will get lost there. he's too slow on the wings and we've seen him fail there at barca.
3. he has to have a team practically built around him and let him function has a true #10. in england and in the modern game, that style is rarely played anymore. he was able to play that way at villareal, and that's why he was good and the team played well.
4. tell me why you think his "style" would help man city? imo, it would only be a hinderance. he would hold the ball too long while trying to pick passes. however, as i mentioned, he won't have the kind of time he needs in that league.
I feel like it would be a similar situation as Deco at Chelsea. Deco obviously hasn't settled well into the Prem and I dont see how Riquelme would be any different. Yes he adds experience, and would be another big name to City but I dont see it panning out with much success. But who knows.

agree.

and yet, i think deco will still be better suited than riquelme

I post sometimes inconsistently on NT but lately the only thing Ive posted is in this thread and was wondering if there was an official EPL thread for theseason? And if not is anyone up for starting one?

Back
Top Bottom