[| -- 2009 VH1 Hip Hop Honors: Tribute to Def Jam Records Tonight (VH1 9PM EST) -- |]

"You got 99 donuts cuz a ##@!$ ate one"
laugh.gif

I had a feeling Wale would be a part of this before I even watched it. I swear he's at every event and has yet to blow up.

BTW not dissing Wale, but man so much exposure and no stand out singles yet smh.

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

I had a feeling Wale would be a part of this before I even watched it. I swear he's at every event and has yet to blow up.

BTW not dissing Wale, but man so much exposure and no stand out singles yet smh.
Yep.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

No love for
Slick Rick??
EPMD??
i guessin no slick because i think he was honored already
Harlem On The Rise wrote:
Montel Jordan??
indifferent.gif

that onyx performance is one of the worse ive ever seen

Originally Posted by Pmighty

No love for
Slick Rick??
EPMD??
Montel Jordan??
indifferent.gif

They already honored P.E. they still got to shine last night... So why not Slick Rick??

As far as Montell Jordan?? He was the 2nd R&B artist EVER signed @ Def Jam... The first Platinum selleing R&B act on the label... First solo R&Bartist to have a debt single land @ #1 in the country... He doesn't deserve appreciation?? Had like 3 or 4 songs that were HUGE hits... Top 5 onBilboard... Wrote Deborah Cox BIGGEST hits...

You gotta be a kid f you hatin on Montel...
smh.gif

& you're hatin on ONYX...
indifferent.gif

Shut up...

Originally Posted by Pmighty

No love for
Slick Rick??
EPMD??
Montel Jordan??
indifferent.gif

They already honored P.E. they still got to shine last night... So why not Slick Rick??

As far as Montell Jordan?? He was the 2nd R&B artist EVER signed @ Def Jam... The first Platinum selleing R&B act on the label... First solo R&B artist to have a debt single land @ #1 in the country... He doesn't deserve appreciation?? Had like 3 or 4 songs that were HUGE hits... Top 5 on Bilboard... Wrote Deborah Cox BIGGEST hits...

You gotta be a kid f you hatin on Montel...
smh.gif

& you're hatin on ONYX...
indifferent.gif

Shut up...

where in my post did i say anything bad about montel. i just didnt think he qualified as hip hop. im very well aware what he accomplished in the early 90s fam

and yea i was never big on onyx or that style but regardless that performance was awful, but because they're from the 90's that makes them legends andgives them a pass right?

Back
Top Bottom