2010-2011 Jordan Brand NBA/NCAA Season kicks thread. Vol. "What's Gilbert Wearing?"

Yeah I'm thinking the players get to choose from available models. Or JB is sending these for promotional reasons to get the younger kids into the market and sizes/styles could be random.

Yeah I'm thinking the players get to choose from available models. Or JB is sending these for promotional reasons to get the younger kids into the market and sizes/styles could be random.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Originally Posted by TMcGrady1

That's the 2nd pic now of a college dude wearing some XVIIs.  Are they really keeping their 8-9 year old kicks in good enough condition to ball in or are they getting them now?  Is Jordan brand actually producing them for some schools?  I find it hard to believe that these guys take care of their older kicks like some of us sneaker fiends do lol.

JB gives the players shoes. I ball with a walk-on from Illinois and I remember him balling in wht/blk/red 2s before release, said he got 2 pair.
maybe it is different for different teams.  I'm in Manhattan, KS where K-State is and the players get to choose their colorways from the regular nike basketball shoes like hyperfuse, hyperdunk, soldiers, kobe V TB, etc.  Nike gives them these shoes but doesn't send them jordans they want like cool greys or all the 13's everyone is seeing.
I think most of them are regular "shoe heads" like ourselves. However, the players definitely aren't spending their own money on the shoes.  They get "meal money" and little (big) incentives like such.  

Originally Posted by TMcGrady1

That's the 2nd pic now of a college dude wearing some XVIIs.  Are they really keeping their 8-9 year old kicks in good enough condition to ball in or are they getting them now?  Is Jordan brand actually producing them for some schools?  I find it hard to believe that these guys take care of their older kicks like some of us sneaker fiends do lol.

JB gives the players shoes. I ball with a walk-on from Illinois and I remember him balling in wht/blk/red 2s before release, said he got 2 pair.
maybe it is different for different teams.  I'm in Manhattan, KS where K-State is and the players get to choose their colorways from the regular nike basketball shoes like hyperfuse, hyperdunk, soldiers, kobe V TB, etc.  Nike gives them these shoes but doesn't send them jordans they want like cool greys or all the 13's everyone is seeing.
I think most of them are regular "shoe heads" like ourselves. However, the players definitely aren't spending their own money on the shoes.  They get "meal money" and little (big) incentives like such.  

Im pretty sure Q. Richardson is wearing the Black/Royal Blue Air Jordan Retro 1+ during this Orlando vs Celtics game.

Im pretty sure Q. Richardson is wearing the Black/Royal Blue Air Jordan Retro 1+ during this Orlando vs Celtics game.

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

TMcGrady1 wrote:

i see what ur saying cbrooks but if u notice its always certain "nike" schools wearing fresh js. Arizona, Uconn, Duke, 'Cuse, ETC. There are the JB schools like Cal, G-town, Marquette, UNC etc who get the Team PEs and colorways but the other school MUST have some connection with JB to get the heat they wear

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

TMcGrady1 wrote:

i see what ur saying cbrooks but if u notice its always certain "nike" schools wearing fresh js. Arizona, Uconn, Duke, 'Cuse, ETC. There are the JB schools like Cal, G-town, Marquette, UNC etc who get the Team PEs and colorways but the other school MUST have some connection with JB to get the heat they wear

Ray Allen wearing these XI's again.

bcf4bfdc4fa9266a8eb0ad87a5b0919b-getty-103894092eg016_orlando_magi.jpg

It's not that far-fetched to believe some of these players actually OWN their shoes. I mean, seriously... white/blue XVII's?  They're not retros. I'm sure they could last this long especially in the suitcase.

It's not that far-fetched to believe some of these players actually OWN their shoes. I mean, seriously... white/blue XVII's?  They're not retros. I'm sure they could last this long especially in the suitcase.

Isaiah is defintely a sneaker head...I bet he's on NT too...just like Gil (even though he won't fess up)...haha

Isaiah is defintely a sneaker head...I bet he's on NT too...just like Gil (even though he won't fess up)...haha

Did anyone notice Gilbert Arenas was hooping in some Deions. Im pretty sure they were the Nike DT max retros. Ive seen football players play in J's and Lebrons but never seen a basketball player hoopin in deions.!! I thought that was kool of Arenas..what will be next? Aint no telling.

Did anyone notice Gilbert Arenas was hooping in some Deions. Im pretty sure they were the Nike DT max retros. Ive seen football players play in J's and Lebrons but never seen a basketball player hoopin in deions.!! I thought that was kool of Arenas..what will be next? Aint no telling.

Back
Top Bottom