2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Seriously though, tell me what Rudy can do better than Brew beside shoot.

It started out as a joke, but now that I think of it I think I believe it.

STEIN_LINE_HQ RT @RicBucher: Also in Rumor C: TOR tried to
solidify hold on Bosh by trading Banks/O'Bryant for Sasha/Powell. Josh one of Bosh best friends

indifferent.gif
We couldn't give Sasha away for a bag of feces

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Ronnie Brewer is better than Rudy Gay. He needs the minutes

What does Rudy Gay do better than Ronnie beside shoot? Rudy can't even create for himself for the most part.
Go back to general

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Ronnie Brewer is better than Rudy Gay. He needs the minutes

What does Rudy Gay do better than Ronnie beside shoot? Rudy can't even create for himself for the most part.
Go back to general

and dont ever comeback out

laugh.gif
SO I guess that is how people validate points. Just use personal attacks and don't address the topic.

Besides SHOOTING, what does Rudy Gay do better than Ronnie Brewer? Anyone with any basketball sense want to take a stab at it?

Rudy and brewer are two different complete players. Brewer woild fit better with memphis due to the makeup of the team. If memphis was trying to part with gay or oj, brewer coild slide to either spot. If they dealt oj for a good pg or move oj to the one, our defense would be an improvement.

Man besides ATTEMPTING shots, Rudy isn't giving you much more of ANYTHING. Maybe folks are blinded by his windmills. Maybe that is what it is.

laugh.gif
SO I guess that is how people validate points. Just use personal attacks and don't address the topic.

Besides SHOOTING, what does Rudy Gay do better than Ronnie Brewer? Anyone with any basketball sense want to take a stab at it?
You're right, they are somewhat simliar players, but how can you put off shooting like that? its a major aspect of the game...

Whats the difference between Kobe and Shane battier besides shooting? you get my point?

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

STEIN_LINE_HQ RT @RicBucher: Also in Rumor C: TOR tried to
solidify hold on Bosh by trading Banks/O'Bryant for Sasha/Powell. Josh one of Bosh best friends

indifferent.gif
We couldn't give Sasha away for a bag of feces

mad.gif

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

I would have given up hill or blair but not both. So its a good move imo.
We are still getting older and those are the only two young good talents we have
That is true.

I doubt signing Amare this season would take them to the ship this year.

U really think rudy is just a guy who can shoot? Lol u lucky im on the phone. U seriously underrating him. He causes mismatch problems. Can take over a game, long and athletic.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

U really think rudy is just a guy who can shoot? Lol u lucky im on the phone. U seriously underrating him. He causes mismatch problems. Can take over a game, long and athletic.
I said he doesn't bring much else to the table. Meaning nothing else about his game besides TAKING shots really stands out.

I never really understood the Rudy Gay hype. Besides the length and athleticism (which doesn't need to be mentioned), what does he do well?

He doesn't use his length on the defensive end.
He can't dribble
He can't create when facing someone of similar stature.

Why are folks talking as if he is a MAX player? What does the dude do besides SHOOT the ball?

Man besides ATTEMPTING shots, Rudy isn't giving you much more of ANYTHING. Maybe folks are blinded by his windmills. Maybe that is what it is.

I do like Brewer, but Rudy can create his own offense. Just last night, he took over because of his skills on isolation plays. Yes, Calderon was covering him, but still, this is not something that Brewer is capable of. And creating your own offense is what separates the good players from the role players.

Rudy Gay is better than Ronnie Brewer. Why do I say that? Well, I have both on my fantasy team and Rudy Gay is more productive. Rudy>Brewer

My opinion is he's a hell of a lot smarter than anyone on here and he must be pretty damn confident he's coming away with something.
This was what Walsh envisioned would happen by this summer (albeit w/o moving Curry). This is what he wanted. Now he's got to start making his moves towards the summer. It would be rough to strike out completely this summer but next summer is a good class as well. There's no way Donnie panicks and give the max to a player like Johnson or Gay. This was the plan from the get go now just gotta see where it goes from here.
I don't understand why people think the Knicks one and only plan is LeBron, LeBron, LeBron...

With potentially room for two max deals, they're gonna be attractive as hell to guys on the market... Wade, Bosh, Amare, Boozer, Johnson, Ray Felton, Rudy Gay, Manu, Boozer...

Some of those guys aren't max deal guys, but there are PLENTY of options... Do they hold Bird Rights on Harrington and/or Lee? Obviously they will on McGrady, so if he shows anything he may be worth bringing back...
But, You got Cp3 and Melo coming up next year with Curry out of the way.
oh and just wait until we get chris paul with eddy curry contract
Maybe not LeBron, but I still think they're looking at one of Wade,Bosh, Amare... Then hold off another year and you've got a TON of capspace plus Curry's contract... Whether that means somebody panics andyou can absorb money through trade or you wait it out and try againnext offseason, there are still PLENTY of options...
That's the point. The Knicks haven't locked themselves into a "We have to do something NOW" scenario... They have options.

Look, moving the contracts isn't what has people saying that Walsh didn't do a great job, it's the picks.  Even then, that's nitpicking (aka hating) on my part.  As others have mentioned, that's what the Knicks had to do.  Their biggest problem now is:

1) winding up like Detroit
2) #1 + their picks turn out being quality players

We do have to wait and see what happens because you never know what'll happen once the dominoes start falling.

By the way, CP3 is two years away, not one.  That expiring contract that Curry has is only worth something if it's packaged with a good pick, something the Knicks have already given away for nothing.  Atlanta could put together a better package for Chris Paul.  Other teams will have expiring deals.  A trade to the Knicks only happens if they're successful next year and they have a better trade package than other teams.  CP3 has no leverage next year because he still has another deal on his contract.

It's a lengthy read, but I urge Knicks fans to read it in order to understand the true nature of the cap and what our realistic options are.
All hard core NBA fans and fans of bad teams really need to read up on the cap so that we see less crazy trade ideas.

I never really understood the Rudy Gay hype. Besides the length andathleticism (which doesn't need to be mentioned), what does he do well?

He doesn't use his length on the defensive end.
He can't dribble
He can't create when facing someone of similar stature.
Been saying all this for at least three years. Don't forget selfish.

He's an above-average, borderline "good" player who gets to shoot 20 times a game. Exactly the kind of player you can't win with.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I do like Brewer, but Rudy can create his own offense. Just last night, he took over because of his skills on isolation plays. Yes, Calderon was covering him, but still, this is not something that Brewer is capable of. And creating your own offense is what separates the good players from the role players.
As I just mentioned, he doesn't do this when he is matched up against people that aren't 6'0 Spaniards. See him any normal day against the best competition. He will shoot 15 mid range jumpers the whole game.

He can shoot. I will give it to him. In transition he is a monster.

Rudy is a better fantasy player, but we aren't discussing fantasy basketball here.

Like someone else mentioned, on THAT Memphis mob, Rudy can go. He complicates that team either way. Let him walk. Should have gotten something for him. 5 o clock isn't here yet, maybe they will surprise up.

who is hyping rudy gay and who is saying he is a max player? the point in here is that brewer is not better then rudy gay.

I dont know if i didnt go through enough pages but why is no one talking about Jamison going to the Cavs?
It pretty much locks down a championship birth.
Although, the Celtics looks nice with Nate Robinson now too.

Originally Posted by chicksNkicks

i left this thread for an hour and it balooned 20+ pages.. can I get an update of what went down?

thanks

Knicks get: TMac, Sergio Rodriguez, swap 2011 first rounder with Houston - Kings get: Landry, Dorsey, Larry Hughes - Rockets get: Kevin Martin, Jeffries, swapping 2011 first rounders with Knicks, get 2012 Knicks pick - Amare stays put

I need the Lakers, Celts, or Magic to win the chip this year. If Cleveland doesnt win it all im 100% certain that James will come here along with bosh
pimp.gif
That team in Cleveland is loaded now with jamison in the mix they have no excuses imo

Back
Top Bottom