2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

[h1]Robinson Deal To Boston Now Official[/h1]
Feb 18, 2010 3:24 PM EST

Robinson_Nate_nyk.jpg
Nate Robinson and Marcus Landry have been dealt to Boston for Eddie House, JR Giddens and Bill Walker, according to Alan Hahn of Newsday.

NBATV reported that the Knicks will also receive a pick.
idk.. hope it didnt go through tho
laugh.gif
@ the thoughts of Nate and KG beefing inside the locker room. Boy that's gonna be fun to watch.

I could just imagine Nate calling Big Baby soft and KG comes to the rescue
roll.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I'm probably alone on this, but I rather have Booz than Amare.

Boozers way too injury prone for my liking. just saying..

If healthy though, i def. agree.

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

smh.gif
we are going to lose wade next year because riley didnt make anything happen even when the cavs passed on amare... we had 1st round picks and a lot of expiring contracts and NOTHING HAPPENED.... i wonder if wade is thinking " do he really wanna help me win? especially after what i showed last year?".... im not sure if the "just watch and see who we sign next year" thing is gonna work anymore... especially seeing how the cavs are doing everything they can do keep lebron in cleveland... while wade is one of the top 3 players and the heat didnt do anything....

still the most UN-knowledgeable Heat fan on this board. we are in position to sign Boozer or Amare this summer without giving up

any players. Riley was willing to grab them now without giving up Beasley period. Since we would have to give up Beasley he decided to wait,

remember they both have houses in Miami and want to play here. And thats IF we dont get Bosh who has the same agent as wade. As for Wade,

we just have to show something this season as well as the extra $30 mill we have to offer over anyone else.

Preach, young fella.

Pat Riley has Dwyane Wade, Mike Beas, Max capspace, and two first round picks to work with in the summer.

It's going to be a great summer. I'd say the likelyhood of Bosh or Amar'e (most likely the latter) signing with Miami is pretty high.

Article is out.

Houston offered Shane Battier + Luis Scola + draft picks and Brian Cook's expiring.

Luis + Shane expire after next year, draft picks, and you get a little cap relief for Cook this year.

Best offer Kerr had leading up to this thing IMO. ...and turned it down

Kerr is an idiot for not taking that deal. im sure any team would give almost anything to get Scola who up to this point has basically been untouchable.

Originally Posted by Statis22

He was playing the Knicks the whole time as if the Rockets didn't have any significant offers from other teams. When Sacramento stepped in, NY almost had no leverage.

28morey.1.600.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I'm probably alone on this, but I rather have Booz than Amare.

I think Amare really isn't playing as hard or trying to do as much as he could.

With motivation, like wanting to be traded, he can do more.  Did you see him last night?

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

smh.gif
we are going to lose wade next year because riley didnt make anything happen even when the cavs passed on amare... we had 1st round picks and a lot of expiring contracts and NOTHING HAPPENED.... i wonder if wade is thinking " do he really wanna help me win? especially after what i showed last year?".... im not sure if the "just watch and see who we sign next year" thing is gonna work anymore... especially seeing how the cavs are doing everything they can do keep lebron in cleveland... while wade is one of the top 3 players and the heat didnt do anything....

still the most UN-knowledgeable Heat fan on this board. we are in position to sign Boozer or Amare this summer without giving up

any players. Riley was willing to grab them now without giving up Beasley period. Since we would have to give up Beasley he decided to wait,

remember they both have houses in Miami and want to play here. And thats IF we dont get Bosh who has the same agent as wade. As for Wade,

we just have to show something this season as well as the extra $30 mill we have to offer over anyone else.

Preach, young fella.

Pat Riley has Dwyane Wade, Mike Beas, Max capspace, and two first round picks to work with in the summer.

It's going to be a great summer. I'd say the likelyhood of Bosh or Amar'e (most likely the latter) signing with Miami is pretty high.

You are very confident. Can't wait until July.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Article is out.

Houston offered Shane Battier + Luis Scola + draft picks and Brian Cook's expiring.

Luis + Shane expire after next year, draft picks, and you get a little cap relief for Cook this year.

Best offer Kerr had leading up to this thing IMO. ...and turned it down
I heard we could of got Amare I just didn't know what the package was. But had Morey been able to pull this off
eek.gif

I swear he is the best gm in the league.
Although Amare wouldn't of signed with us after this season.

But Kerr was asking way too much for Amare, he's a dummy for turning that deal down, now he's not going to get a damn thing for Amare.

Why would Houston want to give up Battier, Scola, and draft picks knowing that Amare probably wouldn't have signed with Houston after this season? It's not like getting Amare would make the Rockets a championship team. Sure they'd make playoffs, maybe even get past the first round, but that's about it.

Or am I missing something here?

Originally Posted by 35KD

Why would Houston want to give up Battier, Scola, and draft picks knowing that Amare probably wouldn't have signed with Houston after this season? It's not like getting Amare would make the Rockets a championship team. Sure they'd make playoffs, maybe even get past the first round, but that's about it.

Or am I missing something here?
i wouldnt say he wouldnt sign. i mean look.
Brooks
Martin
Ariza
Amare
Yao
That team couldnt do damage in the west?

From Clutchfans:

Something Morey said during the press conference struck a chord with me. I had that "Ahhh Haaa!" moment. I finally understood Morey's grand plan.

Morey: 'For those players to just sign with a team. They have to ch0ose to give up $30 million. I haven't seen many players who do that.'

Translation:
Walsh was aiming to put himself in a weaker position to chase LeBron by getting rid of Jeffries. Morey knew it and squeezed the %^* out of him with the picks and Hill. Walsh has put himself in position to convince 2 max players to give up $60 million instead of a sign and trade for one free agent and convince another guy to give up $30 million for the right to play with the 1st guy for a ring.

Knicks' tradeable assets for a max free agent before the trade:
Curry's expiring contract, Jeffries expiring contract, David Lee in a sign and trade, 2011 1st round draft pick swap, 2012 1st round draft pick, 2009 draft pick Jordan Hill, and Nate Robinson.

After 2 trades, they were left with only expiring contract Curry, David Lee in a sign and trade.

Rockets, Before the trade
2010 Rockets 1st, 2012 Rockets 1st, a choice of various rotation players Landry,Brooks, Budinger, Ariza, Battier, etc

After the trade.
2010 Rockets 1st or 2011 Rockets(pick swappable with NY, top 1 protected) and 2012 Rockets 1st Pick, 2012 NY's 1st pick(top 5 protected), 2009 Knicks 1st pick(Jordan Hill)

That's just the draft picks that a needs to rebuild from losing their franchise player.

Throw in their choice of young talent: Budinger, Brooks, Kevin Martin,

Contracts to lower the hit of a sign and trade: Jeffries' expiring

Morey: "Walsh, good luck doing a sign and trade with Toronto and Cleveland or convincing 2 max players to give up $60 million dollars. By the way, I am trying to steal LeBron, Amare and Bosh with your old trade assets and they will get paid $30 million dollars more in sign and trade with your old trade assets!"

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

smh.gif

Preach, young fella.

Sorry YT but I have to agree. Riles is a genius. Once Clevelnad got Jamison, Miami really didn't have to trade for Amar'e. Why would you trade anything when you can sign him in the offseason w/out giving up anything. Would you rather have Wade/Beas/Amar'e or Bosh or even Bron or Wade/Amar'e or Bosh or even Bron

Stat has said that he wants to play for the Heat. Wade is in on everything and understands what's going on.

Originally Posted by sole searchin

From Clutchfans:

Something Morey said during the press conference struck a chord with me. I had that "Ahhh Haaa!" moment. I finally understood Morey's grand plan.

Morey: 'For those players to just sign with a team. They have to ch0ose to give up $30 million. I haven't seen many players who do that.'

Translation:
Walsh was aiming to put himself in a weaker position to chase LeBron by getting rid of Jeffries. Morey knew it and squeezed the %^* out of him with the picks and Hill. Walsh has put himself in position to convince 2 max players to give up $60 million instead of a sign and trade for one free agent and convince another guy to give up $30 million for the right to play with the 1st guy for a ring.

Curry's expiring contract, Jeffries expiring contract, David Lee in a sign and trade, 2011 1st round draft pick swap, 2012 1st round draft pick, 2009 draft pick Jordan Hill, and Nate Robinson.

After 2 trades, they were left with only expiring contract Curry, David Lee in a sign and trade.

2010 Rockets 1st, 2012 Rockets 1st, a choice of various rotation players Landry,Brooks, Budinger, Ariza, Battier, etc

After the trade.
2010 Rockets 1st or 2011 Rockets(pick swappable with NY, top 1 protected) and 2012 Rockets 1st Pick, 2012 NY's 1st pick(top 5 protected), 2009 Knicks 1st pick(Jordan Hill)

That's just the draft picks that a needs to rebuild from losing their franchise player.

Morey: "Walsh, good luck doing a sign and trade with Toronto and Cleveland or convincing 2 max players to give up $60 million dollars. By the way, I am trying to steal LeBron, Amare and Bosh with your old trade assets and they will get paid $30 million dollars more in sign and trade with your old trade assets!"
From Clutchfans. Maybe NYK are in too deep? Can't put it past Morey..

Amare is younger than Boozer, and while both have dealt with injuries, it raises an eyebrow how good Carlos is hooping, since, he's in the last year of his deal. Give me Stat.

And
laugh.gif
@ that trade breakdown for the Rockets. We'll see.

As for the proposal, JA Adande is saying the Rockets offered that, but Phoenix said to waive the physicals so the trade could get through quicker. Houston refused because of Stat's injury history.

Another source said the Suns initiated it by asking for Battier and the Rockets shut them down.

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Even if Stat didn't resign, the Rockets could do a sign and trade. And if he did sign, that's a potent offensive starting 5 the Rockets would have.

From Clutchfans:

Translation:

After the trade.

From Clutchfans. Maybe NYK are in too deep? Can't put it past Morey..
hmmmmm

Tracy Mcgrady is a Knicks now.
frown.gif

I guess I will have to go to the dark side.

Can some one PM me a Kincks fan sig, so I can get rid of this Houston sig. 
frown.gif
tired.gif

You Knicks take care of my boy. And treat him right.
wink.gif

eek.gif

Edit. Typo.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

any idea when Tmac will make his debut?
Its been answered a million times before when you asked it before, saturday man.

and jamesmcgrady, i was waiting for your post
laugh.gif

Sorry to see my man Carl Landry go period. Dude is truly a one-of-a-kind beast no doubt! Good Luck Carl...

Back
Top Bottom