2010 NFL Draft Completed! T-MINUS 362 DAY Till 2011 NFL DRAFT (1st page update w/all pick)

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

the patriots also lost drafting all those gator players. meyer must be giving belichick hand jobs in the back of their war room.

eyes.gif
 Hernandez will be in a role so that he won't need to block, since they signed Alge Crumpler. 
Jermaine Cunningham will easily contribute. as a DE/OLB off the edge 

Spikes is going to play a lesser role at LB, but will help the Putrid run D  that they had last year. 

Belichick is Friends w/ Meyer and goes down to Gainesville to privately work out all of the UF players after the pro day 
tongue.gif

I was at work all afternoon, but thanks to everyone who wrote about McKnight.

I hear he is a poor-mans Reggie Bush, and has the size (maybe even smaller) than Leon?

As much as I'll miss Leon (and Faneca too), I've put all faith into Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan in regards to who is good for the team and who isn't any longer. It's been a good draft yet again for the Jets.

"Entering his junior season at Ole Miss, Snead was considered a top-2 quarterback prospect (along with Sam Bradford) for the 2010 NFL Draft. CBSSports.com’s Pete Prisco even projected Snead to be the No. 1 pick in 2010."

Ohh boy, what a fall he had.

Michigan CB Donovan Warren, who went undrafted, tweeted that he's signing with the Jets

Well,safe to say the Seahawks will certainly dominate the Pac 10. 

Honestly, I was expecting the Broncos to give Tebow jersey #7.  I think he's earned it. 
laugh.gif

NFL draft might be split between cities

Could part of the three-day NFL draft be coming to Los Angeles next year?

Commissioner Roger Goodell said the league is looking into staging the event in multiple cities next year, in light of the success of its first prime-time opening round.

"We have talked about whether you move to a location, or maybe you move one day of the draft," Goodell told Richard Deitsch of SI.com. "If we are successful doing the draft on three days, that may be one alternative, to take one of those days and move it to a different location."

Tim Leiweke, president and chief executive of AEG, has long suggested holding the draft in the Nokia Theatre at L.A. Live.

The first round of this year's draft, held at New York's Radio City Music Hall, averaged 8.3 million viewers on ESPN and NFL Network, a 32% increase over last year's draft. It beat NBC's "The Office," ABC's "Private Practice" and more than doubled the average viewership of the Lakers-Thunder NBA playoff game on TNT.

Goodell told SI.com that no decision has been made about whether to stage another prime-time draft next year but that the "extraordinary increase in viewership … does reinforce the idea that we can put the draft on a bigger platform."

Changing the schedule is one thing, but the host city for one day? I don't see how that could possibly be a big deal.

I know I'm not watching the draft to admire the interior decorating of Radio City Music Hall or wherever.

Plus, Goodell earned mad respect from me for being so involved and player-friendly this weekend.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I made the switch 100% from espn to NFL Network this year. I'm very happy I did.
Ditto.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

smh.gif
goodell

just stop
laugh.gif

I'm saying.
laugh.gif

smh.gif

I wasn't a fan of the move to Primetime but I've come to terms with it. I really enjoyed this draft.

I like the 3 day format, but the draft date needs to be moved.  The end of April is too late.  First thursday in April is good.

if he wants to switch locations...next year do rounds 1-3 on saturday in NYC...then rounds 4-7 in LA on sunday...during the day. primetime on thursday and friday sucks, especially with the NHL playoffs going on
laugh.gif

yeah yeah...most of y'all could careless about the nhl, i know
grin.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Baltimore's draft could be really good or could be really bad...Lots of hit or miss guys.

Really good....believe dat.
pimp.gif

Sergio Kindle, Terrence Cody, Arthur Jones.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I just wished we could have grabbed Dez.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

if he wants to switch locations...next year do rounds 1-3 on saturday in NYC...then rounds 4-7 in LA on sunday...during the day. primetime on thursday and friday sucks, especially with the NHL playoffs going on
laugh.gif

yeah yeah...most of y'all could careless about the nhl, i know
grin.gif

Why LA gotta get the 2nd day picks?
smh.gif

Kiper: 2010 NFL draft grades

In a draft year when the trades became a huge storyline, they alsofactor into my grades. It's a question of value. If a team traded up anumber of spots to get a player that can really help it, it should berewarded for getting the player -- but you have to consider both thecost, and whether that guy may have been available later on. It's notjust about the player, it's about the board.
Was aggressiveness misplaced? Was patience rewarded?
Sokeep that in mind as you go through the grades for this year. Therewere plenty of teams that got guys I think can help them, but theirability to maximize value matters too.
It's been a funyear. I go into this weekend knowing that I've spent a year (or more)learning everything about these prospects, and where and why they'llfit with teams, but also knowing that the opinions can and will bewrong because of the nature of this sport. But I also like to think I'ma tough enough grader that the toughest of graders -- you, the fans --can relate. And if it was a tough year, well, the first Big Board for2011 is just days away.

sea.gif
Seattle Seahawks
Summary: Pete Carroll and the new Seahawks regime came out ofthe gates with a bang. Impact players early, value later, and sometrades thrown in. And they were patient! Russell Okung lands in their laps at No. 6, Earl Thomas is there at No. 14. Golden Tate is still there at No. 60. All three can help the team not in a few years, but immediately. A swap netted the team LenDale White, who isn't remarkable, but it cost them nothing. Then, Seattle parlayed a fifth-rounder into Leon Washington. No team outside of possibly Detroit added impact players the way Seattle has.
Draft grade: A
bal.gif
Baltimore Ravens
Summary: For top grades, it's a contrast in styles. Seattle hadhigh picks and got great fits, then waited and got Golden Tate.Baltimore traded down and still loaded up on talent all over the place.In Round 2, they got both Sergio Kindle and Terrence Cody, a pair of guys who could have landed in the first round. They get a pair of fantastic tight end prospects in Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta, continuing a promise to both buy and draft options for Joe Flacco. Love the Arthur Jones pick, a one-time Big Board guy who fell to the fifth round, mostly because of health issues. Even in the sixth, the Ravens got Ramon Harewood, a small-college tackle prospect who has a chance to develop.
Draft grade: A
tam.gif
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Summary: Tampa had a great draft. They get arguably the best all-around talent in the draft in Gerald McCoy, then, in a move reminiscent of what San Francisco decided to do along the offensive line, they nabbed Brian Priceearly in the second round with the hope they could get the widereceiver they needed a little later. Price and McCoy should complementeach other well. That receiver turned out to be Arrelious Benn with the No. 39 pick, and he can be a good one. By the fourth round, when Tampa landed Mike Williams with the 101st overall pick, they had four guys I've had on the Big Board at some point. Myron Lewisat corner is another solid pick. The story for Tampa is theydrastically improved arguably their two weakest position groups.Productive draft.
Draft grade: B+
phi.gif
Philadelphia Eagles
Summary: The Eagles were positioned well to take advantage of adeep draft, and they did, piling up seven productive picks between thethird and fifth rounds. But Philly started well too. In Brandon Graham they have a potential Rookie of the Year on defense. They filled a need at safety with Nate Allen, and I like Trevard Lindley in the fourth. He has second-round ability. Ricky Sappmay be a tweener, but getting a guy who can get to the quarterback likehe can in the fifth round is good value. He could be a solidsituational pass-rusher early in his career. Riley Cooper is quicker than many people think to go with above-average size.
ari.gif
Arizona Cardinals
Summary: The Cardinals could have a good grade for their first round alone, patiently waiting as Dan Williamsfell right to them. He's a supreme nose tackle, and will be enjoyedboth by his linemates and the linebackers running free behind him.Perfect pick at a late-first-round stage. Daryl Washington lacks size, but he's a freak athlete who can get to the quarterback. Andre Roberts is a sleeper, and could've gone earlier than late-third. A pick I love is O'Brien Schofield.Coming off an injury, he's essentially a redshirt as a rookie, but thekid can become a top-flight pass-rusher. Love the bet they made there.
det.gif
Detroit Lions
Summary: You can't dock Detroit just because it had the biggest no-brainer pick in the whole draft. Ndamukong Suh,combined with Detroit's offseason additions to the line, makes that aposition of strength for Detroit. It's hard to fathom that Detroitwouldn't be markedly improved on defense in 2010. Jahvid Best is agame-changer, and should help Matthew Stafford. He's also the kind of player who doesn't need a huge hole to hit a home run for that offense. Amari Spievey is a nice addition in a secondary that needs help, and Jason Fox can help them. I like Detroit's draft at least for the fact that you can see impact soon for a team that needs it.
pit.gif
Pittsburgh Steelers
Summary: What the Steelers did had some subtlety, and you have to consider their system and needs when you evaluate it. Smart to take Maurkice Pouncey and shore up the interior of that offensive line. The Steelers targeted athletic OLB types like Jason Worilds, Thaddeus Gibson and Stevenson Sylvester.The Steelers like to develop these guys in their 3-4, but in themeantime, those are the guys who can help shore up what was adisastrous special teams unit in 2009. A trade with Arizona to reclaim Bryant McFaddenprobably pleased fans. Not an amazing draft, but Pittsburgh got thetype of guys they like. Don't sleep on Jonathan Dwyer, the last playertaken in the draft who at one time cracked the Big Board. He'll becoming to camp with a lot to prove.
Draft grade: B
hou.gif
Houston Texans
Summary: Pick a position group and the Texans took a stab at finding a good player there. They got a solid corner to replace Dunta Robinson with Kareem Jackson at No. 19. A predictable, solid pick. Ben Tate looks even better as a value at No. 58 considering Minnesota traded up to get Toby Gerhartat No. 51, and given the struggles to hang onto the ball by Houstonrushers last year, he figures to get a great look. Then there's playerswith promise all over. Darryl Sharpton could get a look on the inside of the 3-4 at linebacker, and Trindon Holliday could be the next Dante Hall. Even Dorin Dickerson way down at No. 227 has promise at tight end if he can add strength. Nothing amazing, but plenty of promise.
sdg.gif
San Diego Chargers
Summary: San Diego definitely got their guy in Ryan Mathews.The question is whether they needed to get all the way up to No. 12 toget him. But again, you have to find someone to trade with, and Miamiwas a logical trading partner as a team trying hard to move down. Theydidn't have a lot of picks, but I liked the Chargers getting a greatvalue in Cam Thomas in the fifth, and Darrell Stuckey has a chance to be a good starter in this league. Donald Butler, an inside linebacker, has good athleticism for the position, and has a chance to become the starter eventually.
nyj.gif
New York Jets
Summary: We can at least say the Jets got better in their secondary. Kyle Wilson is a guy some people thought could crack the top 15 picks. Now you can intensify the blitz knowing Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie and Wilson are back there looking to pick off errant passes. The trade up for Joe McKnight adds a dimension to the backfield and also has familiarity with Mark Sanchez. McKnight's durability is a question, but his pass-catching skills can help that offense. Vladimir Ducasse could become a starter and John Conner is the draft's best fullback. Just four picks, but zero misses.
sfo.gif
San Francisco 49ers
Summary: Give San Francisco credit. Early on in the draft it hada chance to get better in a couple of places and decided to get a lotbetter in one. But consider the trickle-down effect: By taking AnthonyDavis, the left tackle with the highest upside in the draft -- emphasison "upside" -- and then a lock to be a good NFL guard in Mike Iupati, the Niners are a better running team right now. The passing game suddenly seems better as well. Taylor Maysat No. 49 is a good value selection, and the kid will be motivated, butI think we're past pretending he was a steal because of his size-speedcombination. His tape fell really flat. Navorro Bowman has size questions, but he's better than No. 91 overall.
nyg.gif
New York Giants
Summary: Good draft. I like the bet they're making on Jason Pierre-Paul.If you have a chance to take a star at that point, and it won't killyou in the meantime because you have some depth, it's a shot you cantake. Beyond that, Linval Joseph could be a steal. A really activeplayer at his size. Giants fans may not know Phillip Dillard,but as inside linebackers go, he has excellent range and could developinto a really good one. At No. 117 overall, that's a nice get.
car.gif
Carolina Panthers
Summary: Carolina started late, but consistently got value. The debate on Jimmy Clausenstarted a long time ago and it won't end just because the draft iscomplete, but to get a guy with his skill set and upside at No. 48 isexceptional value no matter where you stand on the debate. I liked Brandon LaFell at No. 78, and Eric Norwood and Greg Hardyin the fourth and sixth rounds, respectively, are both low on risk andextremely high on potential. Norwood is inconsistent, but he's lookedpositively dominating in some games, and Hardy drops mostly because ofinjury questions. Tony Pike may even develop into a chip they can move down the line.
chi.gif
Chicago Bears
Summary: Chicago was absent for two rounds, but tried to addressneeds when they entered the picture. The Bears neither reached nor gotamazing value in Major Wright, the Florida safety. But they needed a safety, and Wright has a real chance to fill that void. Corey Woottonwasn't 100 percent in 2009 after coming off a bad knee injury, andcould be a camp surprise. A decent pick. Overall, like any team stuckoutside the top two rounds, the Bears were hard-pressed to find impacttalent, but they were resourceful given their limitations. (The lateadd of a local quarterback never hurts.)
nwe.gif
New England Patriots
Summary: New England once again took a surgical, long-rangeapproach to the draft, getting some good talent, but also positioningthemselves for a haul in 2011. You have to factor that into theanalysis. But they made some picks I liked this year as well. Devin McCourty has the chance to be very good. They add a potential big-time talent in Rob Gronkowski, but his back issues pose a risk. Brandon Spikes is a guy whose tape is better than the measurements, but Bill Belichick has succeeded with those guys for years. Taylor Price should develop.
Draft grade: B-
dal.gif
Dallas Cowboys
Summary: The question for Dallas fans shouldn't be about the talent of the players the Cowboys picked up early. The Boys traded up for Dez Bryant -- in that case they slipped in just ahead of Baltimore, where Bryant would have been a huge score -- and did the same for Sean Lee, a likely replacement at some point for Keith Brooking. But unless they do something in the interim, the Cowboys will head into camp with Doug Free as the best left tackle on the roster, and while the team likes Free's potential, Tony Romo's blindside protection is still a concern. getting Akwasi Owusu-Ansah in Round 4 I liked. He could make the transition to safety.
gnb.gif
Green Bay Packers
Summary: Green Bay stuck to a good plan in the first round and got an ideal fit in Bryan Bulaga. In the second and third rounds, I think they may have reached a bit with Mike Neal and Morgan Burnett. Good players, but I think in both cases there were some better options. The grade goes up a notch with the addition of James Starksso late. If he's healthy, and he should be when he arrives for camp, hecould be one of those running backs whom everybody wonders how he fellso far. A really good size-speed package when he's right.
kan.gif
Kansas City Chiefs
Summary: Say this for the Chiefs: They added players you'll notice. Eric Berry is an impact safety and should become a star. Let's make one last Ed Reed comparison before we close the book on this draft. Dexter McCluster early in Round 2 surprised some people -- Jamaal Charleshas impressed -- but a lot of people don't realize how versatileMcCluster is. Aside from his obvious rush and return skills, he hasgreat hands and can line up in the slot. He diversifies that offense.Still, the Chiefs are no better on either the offensive or defensiveline, outside of Jon Asamoah, but I felt he played better as a junior. Javier Arenas is a good little player, but not a starter.
ten.gif
Tennessee Titans
Summary: Tennessee stayed patient in Round 1 and got rewarded. No other defensive end in the draft has the polish and versatility of Derrick Morganat this stage. Morgan seamlessly balances the role of pass-rusher andrun defender. The absence of a player like Kyle Vanden Bosch is nolonger an issue. But Morgan is the real highlight. Damian Williamshas a chance to help but speed is a question. Rennie Curran plays witha ton of heart, and I think he has a chance as a weakside backer, buthe was still a slight reach. Alterraun Verner has the chance to addcorner depth, and give the Titans this: between math whiz Verner andRhodes Scholar Myron Rolle, they'll have the smartest secondary in football if both stick.
Draft grade: C+
stl.gif
St. Louis Rams
Summary: There's no way around the fact that this draft will come down to whether Sam Bradfordbecomes a star. I certainly think he has that kind of talent, butthere's good reason to believe it shouldn't be right away. Bradford hasto convert to a pro style system, and as smart and accurate as he is,let's just be realistic given the recent history of shotgunquarterbacks coming to the NFL. I don't mind the Rodger Saffold pick, but he's likely headed to the right side. Mardy Gilyardhas some value, but the bigger issue with this draft is this: Everyother team in the NFC West got better this weekend, and it's hard toknow if St. Louis really did.
oak.gif
Oakland Raiders
Summary: There was a sense that Oakland may have reached slightly to take Rolando McClain, but framed against the backdrop of a draft in which they also got a physical talent like Bruce Campbell well into Round 4, Oakland improved upon last year. McClain fits a need -- the team reinforced that by trading Kirk Morrison-- and is ready to play. Oddly, speed has been a question (whichdoesn't fit the Al Davis mantra) with McClain, but I love hisinstincts. The Raiders definitely fit their profile with Campbell andthen wideout Jacoby Ford, the fastest player in the draft. The issue with Ford is it's straight-line speed. Even Jared "Edwin" Veldheer is a workout warrior. The late addition of Jason Campbellvia trade is a decent move, but this is the Raiders -- a guy who failedelsewhere seems like a good upgrade. Something's wrong with thispicture.
buf.gif
Buffalo Bills
Summary: Buffalo surprised me with its pick at No. 9. This is a team that has to get better up front, and it opted to go with C.J. Spiller instead. Spiller is, along with Jahvid Best, the best home run threat in the draft, and will undoubtedly help that offense. But the Bills reached on Torell Troup, who has to develop. Alex Carrington, who could get backup duty, is another slight reach in the third round. Then a wide receiver pick (Marcus Easley) left the Bills looking for a long shot breakthough at tackle. Edward Wang of Virginia Tech has a chance, but outside of Spiller, it's hard to see where Buffalo got much better.
nor.gif
New Orleans Saints
Summary: New Orleans made an attempt at need picks but didn'tget a lot. Blame a lot of that on where the Saints were picking from.Super Bowl winners rarely get high grades for drafts. Patrick Robinson is a tough corner who provides starts or depth immediately. Then the Saints got Charles Brownwith the last pick in the second round, a fair value. Centers willnever go high, but Matt Tennant is one of the best the draft had tooffer. Jimmy Grahamcould be a good developmental tight end from a school that's producedsome good ones. Not a flashy draft, but the Saints didn't have manyoptions.
Draft grade: C
cin.gif
Cincinnati Bengals
Summary: Everywhere you look on the Cincy draft board, you seeplayers you assumed would go much higher. Maybe no team outside ofBaltimore did so much given its position. At No. 21, the Bengals gotthe draft's best tight end. At No. 60, they got a significant talent inCarlos Dunlap, a guy at one time considered a lock for the top 10. Problem is he rarely played like it, off-field issues aside. Poor Brandon Gheewas the last guy in the green room, which means most of us thought hecould be at least a second-round pick. The Bengals nabbed him at No.96. Roddrick Muckelroy is a decent pick at No. 131, and I also like the Dezmon Briscoe pick late in the sixth round.
cle.gif
Cleveland Browns
Summary: The Browns addressed a pressing need with the selection of Joe Hadenat No. 7, and his 40 time aside, Haden is a fluid, physical covercorner who should start immediately and addresses a weakness. Clevelandclearly liked T.J. Ward, but could have gotten him later than No. 37. Montario Hardestycould be a really good back, but he's also been hurt, and again, itdidn't seem necessary to trade up for him. My other question is both heand later safety pick Larry Asante are box safeties. But let's not forget to mention the big name and, yes, a great value pick, Colt McCoy at No. 85. Ironic that Cleveland got a guy that late who I thought they could have grabbed at No. 38. Carlton Mitchell can flat-out fly, and could be a late sleeper.
ind.gif
Indianapolis Colts
Summary: The fun in this draft is seeing what great player BillPolian will pull out of the 30 percent of his picks that fall after No.238 overall. At the top, the Colts did well to land Jerry Hughes,a productive pass-rusher who will only refine his craft learning fromtwo of the best. I thought Pat Angerer was a reach in Round 2 -- Ithink he still could have been around even at that No. 94 slot whereIndy picked Kevin Thomas.In Thomas, they take a risk because he's simply never been healthy. Ingeneral, nothing flashy, just Hughes then depth picks on a roster withlittle room to add. But I'm never going to believe Polian won't proveme wrong on at least one these guys.
mia.gif
Miami Dolphins
Summary: This draft for me is really Jared Odrick and the rest. Odrick can be a really good player, another active, disruptive tackle in a draft full of them. Koa Misicould be good, but not right away because he'll need to spend a littletime transitioning from defensive end to outside linebacker. Afterthat, I thought the Dolphins reached a couple of times. Perhaps Nolan Carroll can recover to become a pretty good player.
Draft grade: C-
den.gif
Denver Broncos
Summary: I liked the Demaryius Thomas pick, but the three picks (net two picks) for Tim Tebowwas a serious leap of faith for a guy who's not as ready to play in theNFL as several other quarterbacks drafted behind him. I respectDenver's conviction, but its sense of draft board value has to becalled into serious question. I think anybody can see that. Zane Beadles is a tackle who has to shift positions, J.D. Walton could start at center eventually, and Perrish Coxis a good value late if he stays focused on football, but Denver isn'tmuch better for next year with these additions after falling apartlate. We can regrade this one in a few years, and I hope it's betterthen for as much as I think about the quarterback they drafted.
was.gif
Washington ********
Summary: I projected Washington to take Trent Williamswith that No. 4 pick, but while I think Williams is likely the mosttalented offensive lineman in the draft, and should be able to go backto the left side effectively, I felt Okung was the safer pick. He wasthe guy most likely to take that left tackle position and solidify itfrom Day 1. Washington didn't pick again until No. 103, and maybepicked up some linebacking and special teams depth. If Williams isn'treally good, and early, this could be an empty draft.
min.gif
Minnesota Vikings
Summary: This draft just didn't impress me. After trading down, the Vikings got a guy in Chris Cookwho has the chance to help them, but he also is a guy who rose late,impressing at the Senior Bowl. Can he deliver that kind of performanceevery week? I think the trade to move up and grab Toby Gerhart was odd,partially because there were some other good backs on the board, andalso because while most think Gerhart will be able to catch the ball,it was never really his game. He's a true pounding running back. Everson Griffen looks like a value, but he is extremely inconsistent.
atl.gif
Atlanta Falcons
Summary: Sean Weatherspoonis a good outside linebacker and has the strength and size to start andbe productive in this league, but after that, it's a lot of wishfulthinking. Corey Peters was a slight reach on my board even at 83 and has a ways to go to improve his skills. Joseph Hawleyhas a chance to develop, but a pair of guards and no tight end or evena shot at a defensive end surprises me. I don't see an improvedfootball team.
jac.gif
Jacksonville Jaguars
Summary: A disappointing draft. I don't knock the pick of Tyson Alualuat No. 10 because Alualu doesn't have promise. This is a draft -- it'snot just about the player. To take a guy you could conceivably get 15to 25 slots later, you're cheating yourself not just out of sixth- andseventh-round guys, but potentially a late second- or third-rounder.You have to know not just the pick, but the relative value. D'AnthonySmith has some promise as a penetrating defensive tackle, but bottomline, the Jags have just one pick I had in my Top 100 players. That wasAlualu.
Draft grade: D

Back
Top Bottom