2011 BET HIP-HOP AWARDS NOMINATIONS x CYPHERS --- OCT 11, 2011

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by Put em up

the fact nobody has mention Krit is shocking, homie did his thing. and had something to say.
I thought the cypher was about spitting dope rhymes not trying to convey a message. It's not that I don't like raps with a message but nothing he said had me interested. Sounded like he spit a verse for a specific type of song.
So you can't convey a message and be dope at the same time? Seems like you would rather have heard a YM cypher where Wayne
uses metaphors about either poop, period blood, or lasagna.

"That Lecrae dude impressed for being someone I never heard of but maybe it's cuz his group had that French guy I didn't listen to and Estelle trying to rap."

Lecrae did his thing, he's a Christian rapper so that's why a lot of people probably haven't heard of him.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Put em up

the fact nobody has mention Krit is shocking, homie did his thing. and had something to say.
I thought the cypher was about spitting dope rhymes not trying to convey a message. It's not that I don't like raps with a message but nothing he said had me interested. Sounded like he spit a verse for a specific type of song.
So you can't convey a message and be dope at the same time?
That's the thing though, it wasn't that dope imo. That's why I think it's not being mentioned as much. There's a time and place for certain raps.

Stalley did a much better job of spitting something dope and integrating some kind of a message. Krit really came off as if he spit a verse from a song that more so was just him bigging up where he was from.
Seems like you would rather have heard a YM cypher where Wayne
Look at you jumping to conclusions. Seems like you're horrible at interpreting what I'm trying to say so any old garbage that comes to mind is what you'll try to label me as. I won't even bother anymore now cuz you mentioned Wayne.

That's the thing though, it wasn't that dope imo. That's why I think it's not being mentioned as much. There's a time and place for certain raps.

Stalley did a much better job of spitting something dope and integrating some kind of a message. Krit really came off as if he spit a verse from a song that more so was just him bigging up where he was from.
Seems like you would rather have heard a YM cypher where Wayne
Look at you jumping to conclusions. Seems like you're horrible at interpreting what I'm trying to say so any old garbage that comes to mind is what you'll try to label me as. I won't even bother anymore now cuz you mentioned Wayne.

Well I can see you're point about Krit now. I just felt like his verse/freestyle was something real and even relatable, which is dope w/n
itself even if he didn't have any punchline or anything that made people wanna jump back and rewind.

And garbage has been the norm for awhile now, so it wasn't hard at all to interpret it that way.

eek.gif
at that shady cypher...been a long time since i heard a whole crew spit like that
i mean that was just
sick.gif

Originally Posted by back1ntheday

eek.gif
at that shady cypher...been a long time since i heard a whole crew spit like that
i mean that was just
sick.gif

word.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

[ Joe Budden ]

Radio's the crime scene, the masses are the hostages
In my youth I'd throw shots, the fan was dodgin' it
does he say FAB? 
nerd.gif
Sounds like it (listening now) but it wouldn't make sense if he actually did. At what point in his youth was he not cool with Fab? When he found about Tahiry?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

^How are you a Texans/Seahawks, Rockets/Spurs fan? *#%#?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Born in Seattle and still got fam out there, but didn't stay long and was raised in Houston for 20 years (24 now).
And just always supported the Spurs since David Robinson was there.

Revisited that Shady 2.0 cypher today.......damn son.......those cats SPAZZED. That Em verse was crazy.

And garbage has been the norm for awhile now, so it wasn't hard at all to interpret it that way.
grin.gif
Shame that's the case for you. The norm for me is nothing but good music.

grin.gif
Shame that's the case for you. The norm for me is nothing but good music.

I like how you spinned that, but I think you know what I meant.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

I just watched the Shady 2.0 portion again

30t6p3b.gif

Em is simply foolish with the wordplay
sick.gif

edit: bammas really saying Em didn't go all the way the $%+$ in? 
laugh.gif
 you Ns man...

did you hear those internal rhymes? THAT #*@% IS HARD B! Ns CAN'T RAP LIKE THAT!

And Em rode the beat skillfully! pause. Do you people even like rap music?

Never been impressed with mere rhyming imo (or Pac would be a below average rapper and Killa Cam would be the GOAT). What made Em great was when he used those rhymes for some purpose in his songs.
laugh.gif
True. My son Cam be on some Dr. Seuss steez. And no matter how many times you go back, it still makes little to no sense, it just flows very well. Em on the other hand, actually uses phrases that fit.

ghostface did a review of the entire cypher and said that busta rhymes was standing like he was about to ask don corleone for a favor
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

pretty good read too.

Back
Top Bottom