2011 Detroit Auto Show. Vol. Daily Drivers and Concept Cars

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Nice
pimp.gif

I kinda wish they had a lot more luxury cars at these auto shows though,
I've been going to the one in DC for the last three years and they were pretty weak.
Come to the one in Detroit. Best one in the nation. They do have luxury cars. 
Every year I go and I am somewhat amazed by the amount of luxury cars are there.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Nice
pimp.gif

I kinda wish they had a lot more luxury cars at these auto shows though,
I've been going to the one in DC for the last three years and they were pretty weak.
Come to the one in Detroit. Best one in the nation. They do have luxury cars. 
Every year I go and I am somewhat amazed by the amount of luxury cars are there.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

LOL at some of you. I'm pretty sure most people aren't going to buy the M coupe thinking they're balling. It's a VERY fun car to drive. Everybodys taste is different. I personally like BMW's design, and prefer it over Audi and Mercedes.

NT is pretty much Audi-Fanboy central.. 

LOL at some of you. I'm pretty sure most people aren't going to buy the M coupe thinking they're balling. It's a VERY fun car to drive. Everybodys taste is different. I personally like BMW's design, and prefer it over Audi and Mercedes.

Originally Posted by proper english

Don't you mean M3?

Originally Posted by proper english

Don't you mean M3?

i'd drive a M1 in a second.  yea it's ugly as hell but it's a beast.

i seriously hope audi doesn't drop a hybrid.  hybrids are so corny. all these sheep out here think they are really doing the environment a favor.  i'd be disappointed to see VAG drop a hybrid.  especially since they have the TDI.

i'd drive a M1 in a second.  yea it's ugly as hell but it's a beast.

i seriously hope audi doesn't drop a hybrid.  hybrids are so corny. all these sheep out here think they are really doing the environment a favor.  i'd be disappointed to see VAG drop a hybrid.  especially since they have the TDI.

Audi stay doing its thing ...

201-audi-a6-front.jpg

201-audi-a6-front-three-quarters.jpg

201-audi-a6-rear.jpg

201-audi-a6-rear-three-quarters.jpg

Spoiler [+]
VRG_9274.JPG

Yeah they love Audis... and smiley faces
happy.gif

the 6 aint that bad though...

201-BMW-650i-convertible-front.jpg

201-BMW-650i-convertible-front-three-quarters-passenger.jpg

201-BMW-650i-convertible-rear.jpg

201-BMW-650i-convertible-rear-three-quarters.jpg

201-BMW-650i-convertible-side-passenger.jpg

Audi stay doing its thing ...

201-audi-a6-front.jpg

201-audi-a6-front-three-quarters.jpg

201-audi-a6-rear.jpg

201-audi-a6-rear-three-quarters.jpg

Spoiler [+]
VRG_9274.JPG

Yeah they love Audis... and smiley faces
happy.gif

the 6 aint that bad though...

201-BMW-650i-convertible-front.jpg

201-BMW-650i-convertible-front-three-quarters-passenger.jpg

201-BMW-650i-convertible-rear.jpg

201-BMW-650i-convertible-rear-three-quarters.jpg

201-BMW-650i-convertible-side-passenger.jpg

Originally Posted by pftjordans

Originally Posted by Zyzz

whats the price on the M1?

1 Series M Coupé .... BMW M3

Engine: 3.0-liter twin turbo inline six .... 4.0-liter V8
Trans: 6-speed manual .... 6-speed manual
HP: 335 hp @5,900 hp .... 414 hp @8,300 rpm
Torque: 369 lb-ft @ 1,500 rpm .... 295 lb-ft @ 3,900 rpm
0-to-60:4.9 seconds .... 4.7 seconds
Top speed:155 mph .... 155 mph

Price$47,010 .... $59,775
Is that a typo? Or is the peak torque in the 1M that much higher/at an earlier RPM than the M3?

Originally Posted by pftjordans

Originally Posted by Zyzz

whats the price on the M1?

1 Series M Coupé .... BMW M3

Engine: 3.0-liter twin turbo inline six .... 4.0-liter V8
Trans: 6-speed manual .... 6-speed manual
HP: 335 hp @5,900 hp .... 414 hp @8,300 rpm
Torque: 369 lb-ft @ 1,500 rpm .... 295 lb-ft @ 3,900 rpm
0-to-60:4.9 seconds .... 4.7 seconds
Top speed:155 mph .... 155 mph

Price$47,010 .... $59,775
Is that a typo? Or is the peak torque in the 1M that much higher/at an earlier RPM than the M3?

I like the current Audi A6/S6 more than the new one. It seems like for the past few years they've only been concentrating on changing the lights, bumpers, and grille. The changes don't really flow with the car from front to rear, though. Aside from the bumpers, the profile of the car has looked the same for the past 3 or 4 generations.

I like the current Audi A6/S6 more than the new one. It seems like for the past few years they've only been concentrating on changing the lights, bumpers, and grille. The changes don't really flow with the car from front to rear, though. Aside from the bumpers, the profile of the car has looked the same for the past 3 or 4 generations.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I was hoping for an RX7

Just for grins, I test drove a leftover 2010 RX-8 R3 last week.  They had it marked around 7500 off MSRP.  I know for most Americans the car is way too slow for a sports car which is why they can't even give them away anymore.  Low on torque and guzzle gas like a V-8 with half the power but honestly, I was pretty impressed.  You won't win any stop light races but holy crap, you can toss that thing around corners like nobodys business and it is just smooth as hell to drive.  It's like you're fitted in a glove while driving it.  My commute to work is too long to actually buy it for a DD, but damn...I really like that thing.  I was really hoping for a new RX-7 concept myself at the auto show.  I know that they are working on a new rotary engine which will supposedly have a lot more power, torque, and much better mpg.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I was hoping for an RX7

Just for grins, I test drove a leftover 2010 RX-8 R3 last week.  They had it marked around 7500 off MSRP.  I know for most Americans the car is way too slow for a sports car which is why they can't even give them away anymore.  Low on torque and guzzle gas like a V-8 with half the power but honestly, I was pretty impressed.  You won't win any stop light races but holy crap, you can toss that thing around corners like nobodys business and it is just smooth as hell to drive.  It's like you're fitted in a glove while driving it.  My commute to work is too long to actually buy it for a DD, but damn...I really like that thing.  I was really hoping for a new RX-7 concept myself at the auto show.  I know that they are working on a new rotary engine which will supposedly have a lot more power, torque, and much better mpg.

5223858820_509c36d7d2_b.jpg

5228302929_7646990665_b.jpg

go for it audi
eek.gif

(artist render of 2012 rs6)

artist-renders-2012--1_800x0w.jpg

too low and no wide fenders but yea next rs6 will be so serious.

Back
Top Bottom