2011 MLB Draft Tonight at 7PM

I'm enough of a baseball nerd to be following tonight.

First Round Order:

[*]1. Pittsburgh Pirates [*]2. Seattle Mariners [*]3. Arizona Diamondbacks [*]4. Baltimore Orioles [*]5. Kansas City Royals [*]6. Washington Nationals [*]7. Arizona Diamondbacks (Loux - unsigned) [*]8. Cleveland Indians [*]9. Chicago Cubs [*]10. San Diego Padres (Whitson - unsigned) [*]11. Houston Astros [*]12. Milwaukee Brewers [*]13. New York Mets [*]14. Florida Marlins [*]15. Milwaukee Brewers (Covey - unsigned) [*]16. Los Angeles Dodgers [*]17. Los Angeles Angels [*]18. Oakland Athletics [*]19. Boston Red Sox (V. Martinez - DET) [*]20. Colorado Rockies [*]21. Toronto Blue Jays [*]22. St. Louis Cardinals [*]23. Washington Nationals (Dunn - CWS) [*]24. Tampa Bay Rays (Crawford - BOS) [*]25. San Diego Padres [*]26. Boston Red Sox (Beltre - TEX) [*]27. Cincinnati Reds [*]28. Atlanta Braves [*]29. San Francisco Giants [*]30. Minnesota Twins [*]31. Tampa Bay Rays (R. Soriano - NYY) [*]32. Tampa Bay Rays [*]33. Texas Rangers (C. Lee - PHI)

I'm confident that Sandy Alderson will make this years draft a success for my Mets and finally start paying overslot for young talent, most likely on the pitching end.

I'm enough of a baseball nerd to be following tonight.

First Round Order:

[*]1. Pittsburgh Pirates [*]2. Seattle Mariners [*]3. Arizona Diamondbacks [*]4. Baltimore Orioles [*]5. Kansas City Royals [*]6. Washington Nationals [*]7. Arizona Diamondbacks (Loux - unsigned) [*]8. Cleveland Indians [*]9. Chicago Cubs [*]10. San Diego Padres (Whitson - unsigned) [*]11. Houston Astros [*]12. Milwaukee Brewers [*]13. New York Mets [*]14. Florida Marlins [*]15. Milwaukee Brewers (Covey - unsigned) [*]16. Los Angeles Dodgers [*]17. Los Angeles Angels [*]18. Oakland Athletics [*]19. Boston Red Sox (V. Martinez - DET) [*]20. Colorado Rockies [*]21. Toronto Blue Jays [*]22. St. Louis Cardinals [*]23. Washington Nationals (Dunn - CWS) [*]24. Tampa Bay Rays (Crawford - BOS) [*]25. San Diego Padres [*]26. Boston Red Sox (Beltre - TEX) [*]27. Cincinnati Reds [*]28. Atlanta Braves [*]29. San Francisco Giants [*]30. Minnesota Twins [*]31. Tampa Bay Rays (R. Soriano - NYY) [*]32. Tampa Bay Rays [*]33. Texas Rangers (C. Lee - PHI)

I'm confident that Sandy Alderson will make this years draft a success for my Mets and finally start paying overslot for young talent, most likely on the pitching end.

Two pages. 
laugh.gif

I get the hype with Cole but I don't think he'll be better than Bauer in the long run. Hell, even in the next couple years. Bauer could go straight to AA and start dominating IMO. If Starling falls to Washington, they'll get the best player in the draft three years in a row.

Rendon, Ackley (although he should go to LF) and Smoak has
eek.gif
value offensively as an infield.

I get the hype with Cole but I don't think he'll be better than Bauer in the long run. Hell, even in the next couple years. Bauer could go straight to AA and start dominating IMO. If Starling falls to Washington, they'll get the best player in the draft three years in a row.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

eek.gif
M's building that lineup.
pimp.gif

Wouldn't be surprised if Ackley eventually does move to the OF. If Kyle Seager keeps progressing, he'll be up in a couple years to fill in at 2B.

eek.gif
pimp.gif

Wouldn't be surprised if Ackley eventually does move to the OF. If Kyle Seager keeps progressing, he'll be up in a couple years to fill in at 2B.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Two pages. 
laugh.gif

too much Lebron hate to realize theres other sports going on here in S&T
laugh.gif

been reading up on Guerrieri. sounds like a good pick at #13.

eek.gif
 @ all of Tampas picks before the second round. i think its 8 between 1st round and the supplement round.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Two pages. 
laugh.gif

too much Lebron hate to realize theres other sports going on here in S&T
laugh.gif

been reading up on Guerrieri. sounds like a good pick at #13.

eek.gif
 @ all of Tampas picks before the second round. i think its 8 between 1st round and the supplement round.

And everyone says this is the deepest draft in a very long time. I'd still pissed at the Soriano signing because the #31 pick ain't all that bad this year.

And everyone says this is the deepest draft in a very long time. I'd still pissed at the Soriano signing because the #31 pick ain't all that bad this year.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

eek.gif
pimp.gif

M's got some depth at LF and not alot of bodies to play 2nd. Z is dead set on making Ackley work at that spot

Wouldnt mind seeing it myself though

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

eek.gif
pimp.gif

M's got some depth at LF and not alot of bodies to play 2nd. Z is dead set on making Ackley work at that spot

Wouldnt mind seeing it myself though

Will be very interested in the O's and Nats' selections. Clearly, this draft is ridiculously deep just in general, but especially for pitching.

Talking about Starling, isn't he still considering football?

Oh, and Keith Law's coverage of the draft over on ESPN.com has been outstanding for anyone looking for some draft info. I think it's insider only, though.

Will be very interested in the O's and Nats' selections. Clearly, this draft is ridiculously deep just in general, but especially for pitching.

Talking about Starling, isn't he still considering football?

Oh, and Keith Law's coverage of the draft over on ESPN.com has been outstanding for anyone looking for some draft info. I think it's insider only, though.

The only thing I miss about guys like Ray Durham and Armando Benitez is that the Giants no longer get top 10 picks to get guys like Posey, Wheeler, Lincecum, and Bumgarner. 
laugh.gif

The only thing I miss about guys like Ray Durham and Armando Benitez is that the Giants no longer get top 10 picks to get guys like Posey, Wheeler, Lincecum, and Bumgarner. 
laugh.gif

Rendon falls to the Nats at six.

Archie Bradley, Lindor, or Jungmann for the Indians. Jed Bradley will upset me.

Edit: Good deal.

Back
Top Bottom