* 2011 NFC North Trash Talking Thread: Bears flatlining, Vikes dead, Lions escape, Packers hiccup *

Jared Allen is on pace for a 27-sack season Jehlers... he gets thread cred.

Rodgers is the clear MVP thus far, isnt human as well, and is the real king of the North. Clay was on a pace for more than that last year. He didnt get it and neither will Allen.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I think it's because the Vikings fan base a little deeper. Really, the Packers are so damn dominant at this point, where's the fun? The Lions are undefeated but they have like one fan on here, so again...No fun.
Not going to lie this thread would be more lively if the Bears and Vikings weren't so bad.  Lions are up and coming and us fans are feeling on top of the world, but it seems like we have been down so damn long nobody can say anything even if we are a bit gassed up.  And like you said the Packers are defending Superbowl Champs and are absolutely dominating, can't say anything bad about them.

Originally Posted by Jay02

Originally Posted by JPZx

Admit it, this thread sucks without the Vikings being good.

Acceptance is the first step to recovery.

Isn't that what they tell you at the meetings airblaster?
Vikings fans were the majority in this thread in 2009 with your playoff run. I could have came in here and said business as usual (or business actually finished for that matter) for the past 11 games but then i'd get blasted for being an arrogant Packer fan 
eyes.gif

You're right though, there was alot more goin on in here when the Vikings were good.

Seriously though, we're all so used to the Packers winning that there's nothing even more to say. The only thing there is to say is anything but repeating is a disappointment. Actually losing any game this year is gonna be a disappointment. Even though I know I know we probably wont go undefeated I fully expect it. Its gonna feel like I got shot in the heart once we lose a game. Its been too long.

One other thing..the thread title. Your not gonna acknowledge Rodgers but your gonna have Jared Allen in there? Put A-Rod in there right now 
laugh.gif
 Keep Allen idc but you gotta mention Rodgers with whats hes doing. Or is it because of what i just said, there's nothing even to say?..We all know what Rodgers is doing?
Well part of that is also because of the whole Favre thing...whether you like him or not, he provided a lot of conversation/debate fodder, especially with him playing for your bitter rivals.
The Packers, well, what can I say, they've been downright dominant since the latter portion of last season...A-Rod is clearly a top 3 QB in the league & you have playmakers everywhere...in all honesty, im not surprised about how good your team is.

The Bears are still the Bears...same strengths, same problems..last season was an aberration and i think everyone kinda expected that.

The Lions, to be honest, they've been an afterthought for so long that i dont even know how to react 
laugh.gif
 I'm kinda indifferent towards their success, and let's be honest, as much as I hate that he's in the division, Megatron is a likeable player. I can't even hate 
laugh.gif

Ginny got a W:pimp:
laugh.gif

Cutler won't make it through the year and the Lions will have a losing record from here on out.

Packers have a good chance to repeat. Smh

Originally Posted by mogzz04

Originally Posted by JPZx

Admit it, this thread sucks without the Vikings being good.

Acceptance is the first step to recovery.

Isn't that what they tell you at the meetings airblaster?
Vikings fans were the majority in this thread in 2009 with your playoff run. I could have came in here and said business as usual (or business actually finished for that matter) for the past 11 games but then i'd get blasted for being an arrogant Packer fan 
eyes.gif

You're right though, there was alot more goin on in here when the Vikings were good.

Seriously though, we're all so used to the Packers winning that there's nothing even more to say. The only thing there is to say is anything but repeating is a disappointment. Actually losing any game this year is gonna be a disappointment. Even though I know I know we probably wont go undefeated I fully expect it. Its gonna feel like I got shot in the heart once we lose a game. Its been too long.

One other thing..the thread title. Your not gonna acknowledge Rodgers but your gonna have Jared Allen in there? Put A-Rod in there right now 
laugh.gif
 Keep Allen idc but you gotta mention Rodgers with whats hes doing. Or is it because of what i just said, there's nothing even to say?..We all know what Rodgers is doing?
Well part of that is also because of the whole Favre thing...whether you like him or not, he provided a lot of conversation/debate fodder, especially with him playing for your bitter rivals.
The Packers, well, what can I say, they've been downright dominant since the latter portion of last season...A-Rod is clearly a top 3 QB in the league & you have playmakers everywhere...in all honesty, im not surprised about how good your team is.

The Bears are still the Bears...same strengths, same problems..last season was an aberration and i think everyone kinda expected that.

The Lions, to be honest, they've been an afterthought for so long that i dont even know how to react 
laugh.gif
 I'm kinda indifferent towards their success, and let's be honest, as much as I hate that he's in the division, Megatron is a likeable player. I can't even hate 
laugh.gif
You are definitely right on that. The Favre situation stirred up alot of thing between GB and the Vikings

Originally Posted by SFN 155

Ginny got a W:pimp:
laugh.gif

Cutler won't make it through the year and the Lions will have a losing record from here on out.

Packers have a good chance to repeat. Smh
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Now that is a bold prediction right there, especially looking at our up coming schedule.

Week 6  49ers at Det- Tough game but should get a win
Week 7  Falcons at Det-  Falcons are struggling and have no run game, Lions should win
Week 8  @ Denver- Win
Week 9  Bye
Week 10 @ Chicago- Will Jay Cutler even be active by then?  Should be another win but could go either way
Week 11 Panthers @ Det- Win
Week 12 Packers @ Det-  Toss up, biggest game of the season to this date.  Thanksgiving and Lions will be playing tough.
Week 13  @ Saints-  Mark it as a loss even though I think Lions can compete
Week 14  Vikings at Detroit- Win
Week 15  @ Raiders- Toss up
Week 16 Chargers @ Det- Toss up
Week 17  Det @ GB- Loss but at this point both teams could be playing back-ups unless home field is on the line.

At most at this point I see the Lions only losing 4-5, if that.

I'm a Lions fan on the board. Just never in S & T.

But had to come in here to say does anyone follow Skip Bayless on twitter? Dude is just steady hating on Megatron. Called him an "underachiever."

I'm sorry Skip, I wasn't aware that being first in TD's among WR's and RB's while being 5th in receiving yards among WR's was underachieving.

If thats the case, what does it take to achieve in the NFL?
roll.gif
IDK why I even follow that clown, he says the DUMBEST things. Yet Slurps the Cowboys alllllll damn day.

I honestly think Skip is payed to say the stupidest $$+# he can think of to get viewers all riled up and watch more ESPN. Or so there's added material so there's more to talk about by having people disagree with everything he says.
Why else would ESPN let a supposed sports expert on air say the things he does. 

I honestly think Skip is payed to say the stupidest $$+# he can think of to get viewers all riled up and watch more ESPN. Or so there's added material so there's more to talk about by having people disagree with everything he says.
Why else would ESPN let a supposed sports expert on air say the things he does. 

The sad thing is that you are probably right.

Skip cracks me up. I look at him like I do Colin Cowerd. Sometimes they have some good stuff to say, but a lot of other times they're going for the shock value. ESPN though
eyes.gif

Yeah...you're right. Not on the same levels.

Are we the only two on NT right now? I feel like we're having a conversation.

laugh.gif
Yea seems that way... I just got off work, trying to do a little capping while I unwind before bed. And finally catch this Aaron Rodgers E:60. ##@#*! Baseball tonight pushed it back an hour
30t6p3b.gif

My boy has been talking me out of a big LSU -16 play BTW. I hate Simms in that game but he thinks pub might get raped for thinking that way. Wash State can't possibly hang within 3 scores of Stanford, can they?

Well, I just returned from a party, so we can make this a three way 
devil.gif

I love Skip Bayless. I feel like he's so passionate about everything he says, and he actually takes his job seriously and isn't just buddy buddy with everyone. He actually has a lot of interesting view points on a numerous amount of topics.

I was rolling when he was going after Kordell Stewart last week
roll.gif
roll.gif

He said Tim Tebow struggling in his first few years in the NFL doesn't mean anything, because Kordell Stewart (sitting across from him at the time) struggled big time during his first few years.

Kordell proceeded to become extra emotional yelling at Skip, "SKIP SKIP SKIP, WE WERE IN THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP MY FIRST YEAR STARTING SKIP."

Which is true, but they got there on the backs of Jerome Bettis and the defense.

Back
Top Bottom