* 2011 NFC North Trash Talking Thread: Bears flatlining, Vikes dead, Lions escape, Packers hiccup *

This Bears team is PATHETIC. I dont know how anyone can still be a fan after today's collapse..I sure as hell am not.

laugh.gif
Does look like that, I didn't even realize it.  He was doing a little MJ after the pick-6.  I'll try to find video.

Originally Posted by JJ1223

laugh.gif
Does look like that, I didn't even realize it.  He was doing a little MJ after the pick-6.  I'll try to find video.

laugh.gif
Yeah Alfonso was doing the Thriller dance is looked like, glad dude got some playing time finally.  Much better than Eric Wright and Aaron Berry, not sure what the coaching staff was waiting on.  Only watched the first half so far, I can already tell the offense gets stale the second half and lets the Vikings back in the game.  This is where my problem with Linehan is.  Dude needs to keep pressing the team and not let up no matter what the score is.  Hopefully he is gone next year, whether that means another job or just gets canned, I want to see a new offensive coordinator in Detroit.

Good game, but Jared Allen is still a punk and deserved to lose. To come out and talk all that ##%% about Detroit and New Orleans as if he doesn't play in Minnesota?
laugh.gif
What?

And anyway, what's that much better about Detroit in comparison to Minneapolis? You've never been anywhere near here, so I need reasons why anyone should care about your astute evaluations of the locations. Just saying.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

What position would you guys like to use with our first pick? Besides, arguably one of our best young players plays that position - Cook.
OT (Matt Kalil, if he comes out. Just read that he probably won't on CBSSports
grin.gif
)
WR (only Justin Blackmon)
QB (only Andrew Luck)
CB
S

There's absolutely ZERO guarantees that I have seen telling me Chris Cook will be on the roster next season kix. They're waiting until his case his concluded to make their final decision (they'll make a decision on his long-term future after the season), but I don't think they're going to keep him. The details that keep coming out aren't comforting in the slightest.

after almost making the championship game only 2 years ago?
I'm surprised people even remember this, because the main story a little more than two years ago was:

large_081228-andre-fluellen-packers-fans-0and16-sign.jpg

^
I think its better to rebuild from a losing season and get a good nucleus going, then fall from almost being on top with instant gratification moves. Least you got AP tho.

Lions long term future >>>>>>>>> Vikings. I'm not even mad the team went 0-16, they were able to turn those draft picks into good young productive players.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Good game, but Jared Allen is still a punk and deserved to lose. To come out and talk all that ##%% about Detroit and New Orleans as if he doesn't play in Minnesota?
laugh.gif
What?

And anyway, what's that much better about Detroit in comparison to Minneapolis? You've never been anywhere near here, so I need reasons why anyone should care about your astute evaluations of the locations. Just saying.

Nothing is that much better about Detroit than Minneapolis, which is my point.  JA's comments about Detroit and New Orleans made it seem as if he played for a team in a city like NY, LA, Chi; an esteemed city known worldwide for having a rich history and being a cultural leader, etc. I have nothing against the city of Minneapolis or any of the people there, but to act as if it is in any way better than Detroit, to the point where those type of comments are necessary, is just stupid and makes a respected player such as Allen look immature and ignorant. 

Originally Posted by JPZx

after almost making the championship game only 2 years ago?
I'm surprised people even remember this, because the main story a little more than two years ago was:

large_081228-andre-fluellen-packers-fans-0and16-sign.jpg

Do I even need to say anything here? I'd much rather go from 0-16 to being a potential playoff team with a winning record in 3 years than to fall from just missing the Super Bowl to being one of the worst teams in the league in only 2... come on now.  I respect your opinion but you were just setting yourself up with that one.

[h1]http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/tori-gurley-rejects-vikings-offer-remains-a-packer[/h1]
[h1]Tori Gurley Rejects Vikings Offer, Remains A Packer[/h1]
By Max Ginsberg on Dec 15, 2011 with 24 Comments

How can you tell your franchise is at the pinnacle of success? Everybody wants in on the action; even if it means turning down an opportunity you have been waiting for your entire life.

That is the decision Packers practice squad player Tori Gurley made this week. According to Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com (and noted earlier this week by Zach Kruse of AllGreenBayPackers.com), Gurley turned down an offer to join the Vikings 53-man roster in order to stay with a team who has "some of the best receivers in the game."

"(Minnesota’s) season is going to be over within three weeks. We're already locked to have a playoff spot,

Green bay stays winning because they actually develop their draft picks.. almost their whole team they drafted

Originally Posted by SLP Product

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

Since training camp has started and a lot of the quality FA have been picked up, here's my predicitons

Packers 12-4
Lions 10-6
Vikings 7-9
Bears 5-11 (Yes I'm still bitter about the first game last year)

Aaron Rodgers will win MVP
Calvin Johnson will have 20 TD's
Matthew Stafford will play all 16 games, throw over 4,000 yards with 33 TD's
Cliff Avril will have 12 sacks

I'm also down for a fantasy league but not an auction, did it that way a couple years ago with college buddies and it turned into a disaster, though it was pure joy to make fun of my boy for spending so much on Tom Brady and him being hurt all season.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The rest became null and void after reading that.

O

Man I am hyped right now, Lions going to the playoffs for the first time since 1999
pimp.gif
Still think we should try and win next week for positioning in the playoffs. I think the Lions though have a great shot at making a run like Green Bay did last year. Delmas will be back healthy and our offense is pumping on all cylinders, can't wait
pimp.gif

^^ I want to play Dallas or NY in the first round, so I hope we keep winning and stay hot entering the playoffs and hope falcons lose on Monday

Back
Top Bottom