2011 NFL Offseason Thread (Rivera named Panthers HC, your on the clock CAR)

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

I like Rivera as a DC but I'm not quite sure how he pans out as a HC. He has the fortune of working with a potentially dominant running attack with DeAngelo, Stewart, and Goodson. Word is no one wanted the Carolina gig after Andrew Luck returned to Stanford. So does Ron Rivera go defense with the first pick: I would think Nick Fairley, Bowers, or Quinn would be more likely than Peterson. Not saying that's the right decision. 
I know there's concerns whether Charlie Weis is HC material but why not consider him seriously for the Panthers job to work with Jimmy Clausen. They did invest a second-round pick on the kid. 

what i think thats gonna happen is since their isnt a franchise QB worthy of the first he goes witt Bowers with his 1st overall, much like Peppers was taken 1st overall.

Build his defense thru the draft/fa, have a solid running game, and bring Clausen along this season.

I can almost guarantee Nnamdi will not be a Texan and it stinks because we need him too.

man i hope your wrong, we really need him, i think if we get him and Phillips can adjust our scheme we might push for a playoff spot
frown.gif

*Bump*

Assuming the lockout ends soon, lets get some real football talk going.

Today:

Mary Mornhinweg says Vick is better than Steve Young. Or, at least he will be. Honestly, if he keeps progressing the way he showed in his development from last year to his days with ATL, then I think it definitely can happen.

Given a season like we might see, where teams won't have much time to get ready for the season, I can see a team like Philadelphia going to the Super Bowl. Vick has great athleticicm and running ability to lean on when things break down, and that could happen a lot with this current situation. A team like the Eagles can cushion that blow with a QB like Vick.

*Bump*

Assuming the lockout ends soon, lets get some real football talk going.

Today:

Mary Mornhinweg says Vick is better than Steve Young. Or, at least he will be. Honestly, if he keeps progressing the way he showed in his development from last year to his days with ATL, then I think it definitely can happen.

Given a season like we might see, where teams won't have much time to get ready for the season, I can see a team like Philadelphia going to the Super Bowl. Vick has great athleticicm and running ability to lean on when things break down, and that could happen a lot with this current situation. A team like the Eagles can cushion that blow with a QB like Vick.

This thread died a terrible death. They pretty much have to have a deal done by next week to start TC on time right?

This thread died a terrible death. They pretty much have to have a deal done by next week to start TC on time right?

Back
Top Bottom