2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

eek.gif
at that Bute/Johnson undercard fight

Is it just me, but does Angulo just not seem to have the "it factor?"

He always looks so unnatural in the ring to me.

Is it just me, but does Angulo just not seem to have the "it factor?"

He always looks so unnatural in the ring to me.

The 1st round of the Kirkland & Angulo fight was one of the greatest rounds of boxing I have witnessed in my life. Kirkland surprised the hell out of me with his boxing & defensive skills. He was using his jab effectively to keep Angulo at bay. I was most impressed with Kirkland stepping back & dodging Angulo's punches. That was the one aspect that Kirkland needed desperately. Nobody is gonna want to fight Kirkland after this performance. I was beside myself when Kirkland had Angulo back pedalling. Kirkland has come a long way since that upset lost to Ishida.

The 1st round of the Kirkland & Angulo fight was one of the greatest rounds of boxing I have witnessed in my life. Kirkland surprised the hell out of me with his boxing & defensive skills. He was using his jab effectively to keep Angulo at bay. I was most impressed with Kirkland stepping back & dodging Angulo's punches. That was the one aspect that Kirkland needed desperately. Nobody is gonna want to fight Kirkland after this performance. I was beside myself when Kirkland had Angulo back pedalling. Kirkland has come a long way since that upset lost to Ishida.

Yo I'm watching the fight again and Kirkland showed some real good defense in the first round to survive that Angulo onslaught.

Yo I'm watching the fight again and Kirkland showed some real good defense in the first round to survive that Angulo onslaught.

Classic first round. Kirkland scared me, his defense has gotten better, but he definitely needs to tighten it up. I think that's the best shape I've seen him in, Ann Wolfe definitely helped bring him back. Good work! Angulo needs to move up to Middleweight, he looked kind of drained.

Classic first round. Kirkland scared me, his defense has gotten better, but he definitely needs to tighten it up. I think that's the best shape I've seen him in, Ann Wolfe definitely helped bring him back. Good work! Angulo needs to move up to Middleweight, he looked kind of drained.

hard to believe but Angulo is like 5 times slower than margarito.

Im not giving Kirkland the "he's back" label b/c I think this fight was perfect for him. he gets in there with someone throwing straight punches...trouble

Im not giving Kirkland the "he's back" label b/c I think this fight was perfect for him. he gets in there with someone throwing straight punches...trouble

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

QFE

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

QFE

I dvr'd the ShowTime Boxing but from my understanding its not even worth the watch (Bute/Johnson that is)

yooo who here does not think JMM is juicing right now?

I dvr'd the ShowTime Boxing but from my understanding its not even worth the watch (Bute/Johnson that is)

yooo who here does not think JMM is juicing right now?

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

Marquez looks jacked.

He on that Victor Conte? I just watched the recent 24/7... Props to the ref in the Kirkland fight. I thought he was going to stop it in the 1st for sure.

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

Marquez looks jacked.

He on that Victor Conte? I just watched the recent 24/7... Props to the ref in the Kirkland fight. I thought he was going to stop it in the 1st for sure.

Back
Top Bottom