2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Amir Khan was commentating on British TV, and even he was commenting on how dominant Marquez was and how different he was making Manny fight.
Amir even said he was down to fight JMM next because he thought it was clear that Manny lost. 
The Brits were going off last night 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I checked a good 20mins after the decision and they were still going in on the judges 

Amir Khan was commentating on British TV, and even he was commenting on how dominant Marquez was and how different he was making Manny fight.
Amir even said he was down to fight JMM next because he thought it was clear that Manny lost. 
The Brits were going off last night 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I checked a good 20mins after the decision and they were still going in on the judges 

Milkman Dead wrote:
I know we still on the Marquez, Pacquiao fight, but...
I saw this this morning...and this WAS awesome...

Might be my favorite Face Off of them all...

I thought the most telling moment came around 5:50 when Max asked a REALLY good question that Margarito couldn't really answer...

Man that was the best face off ive ever seen

Milkman Dead wrote:

I thought the most telling moment came around 5:50 when Max asked a REALLY good question that Margarito couldn't really answer...

Man that was the best face off ive ever seen

Originally Posted by MAKITA

Look at all these boxers tweeting JMM/got robbed.

SUPERJUDAH ZAB JUDAH 5x Champ!
Robbery!!!!

andreward Andre S.O.G. Ward
Marquez won this fight, period!!

usscunningham Steve Cunningham
All pro fighters I know ,guys which know what to look 4 in a fight had jmm winning. It's not just entertainment to us its a #lifestyle#

jeanpascalchamp Jean Pascal
On my card Marquez WON!!!!

TheMarvelous0ne Marvin Hagler
Disgusting result! #ROBBERY!

ChrisArreola Chris Arreola
Marquez won, true champ. Let's see Mayweather-Pacquiao. !%+@.

OscarDeLaHoya Oscar De La Hoya
I'm still sitting on my couch in disbelief.

THEREALBHOP BERNARD HOPKINS EX
@FloydMayweather blow thru @MannyPacquiao easy!!
_FernandoVargas FerozFernandoVargas
MARQUEZ 8 - 4!!!!!! THEY BETTER NOT ROB MARQUEZ!!!! 
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

SUGARRAYLEONARD Sugar Ray Leonard
The fight against Manny vs Marquez surprised everyone except Marquez! What a display of mental, spiritual and physical training of a boxer!

[/font]

jcchavezjr1 Julio Cesar Chavez
Gano marquez hoy. Fue un robo juan manuel gano claramente. esto esto es malo para el boxeo. Saludo a todos
[Translation: Marquez won today. It was a robbery, Juan Manuel won clearly. This is bad for boxing.]

[/font]

RealJoeCalzaghe Joe Calzaghe
Just watched Marquez v Pacman and have to say thought Marquez was robbed! Thought he won the first 2 fights also!

[/font]

AndreBerto Andre Berto
Smh WOW..... Come on u know Top Rank wasn't* gonna let Marquez **** the money up!!! Great fight though

[/font]

PaulMalignaggi Paulie Malignaggi
Dont ask me about the fight I will not give you my opinion except that I thought Marquez won #tk!

[/font]

1Babybull Juan Diaz
Great fight for the boxung fans but bad decision by the judges

[/font]

ChinoMaidana Marcos Maidana
Pobre Márquez lo robaron!

[/font]

Terry Norris "Wow! Thought PAC man would win. But clearly Marquez was robbed again. PAC did NOT win this fight."

[/font]

Erik Morales "Nos robaroooon y feo. Marquez total reconocimiento es el segundo mexicano que le pone en su madre a pacquiao, gano y gano muy bien felicidadees!" Which translates to English as "They robbed us and it was an ugly robbery too. To Marquez total recognition, he is the second Mexican to beat the %#$% out of Pacquiao, he won and he won nicely. Congratulations!" 

[/font]

Anthony Mundine "I luv PAC too...but he lost fair & square...but I'm sure he will return stronger...PAC v Marquez 4 #bringit. Actually I change my mind! Marquez deserves the pay day v money!! As he was really the victor! Don't think I wanna see 4. Even tho money." 

[/font]

Kendall Holt "If u thought Pacman won or if Marquez needed the 12th to win its clear u don't know $#! about this sport." 

ElKoChul Fernando Montiel M

Q pinche robooooooo. Gano markez y c la kitaron d new. Shialeeeee !!! [translation: What a ****ing robbery. Marquez won]

K9boxing Cornelius Bundrage
Just got back in town was at the PacMan fight. Marquez got Robbed. I will Destroy PacMan. I been knew it y'all just didn't know.

Originally Posted by MAKITA

Look at all these boxers tweeting JMM/got robbed.

SUPERJUDAH ZAB JUDAH 5x Champ!
Robbery!!!!

andreward Andre S.O.G. Ward
Marquez won this fight, period!!

usscunningham Steve Cunningham
All pro fighters I know ,guys which know what to look 4 in a fight had jmm winning. It's not just entertainment to us its a #lifestyle#

jeanpascalchamp Jean Pascal
On my card Marquez WON!!!!

TheMarvelous0ne Marvin Hagler
Disgusting result! #ROBBERY!

ChrisArreola Chris Arreola
Marquez won, true champ. Let's see Mayweather-Pacquiao. !%+@.

OscarDeLaHoya Oscar De La Hoya
I'm still sitting on my couch in disbelief.

THEREALBHOP BERNARD HOPKINS EX
@FloydMayweather blow thru @MannyPacquiao easy!!
_FernandoVargas FerozFernandoVargas
MARQUEZ 8 - 4!!!!!! THEY BETTER NOT ROB MARQUEZ!!!! 
[/font]

SUGARRAYLEONARD Sugar Ray Leonard
The fight against Manny vs Marquez surprised everyone except Marquez! What a display of mental, spiritual and physical training of a boxer!

[/font]

jcchavezjr1 Julio Cesar Chavez
Gano marquez hoy. Fue un robo juan manuel gano claramente. esto esto es malo para el boxeo. Saludo a todos
[Translation: Marquez won today. It was a robbery, Juan Manuel won clearly. This is bad for boxing.]

[/font]

RealJoeCalzaghe Joe Calzaghe
Just watched Marquez v Pacman and have to say thought Marquez was robbed! Thought he won the first 2 fights also!

[/font]

AndreBerto Andre Berto
Smh WOW..... Come on u know Top Rank wasn't* gonna let Marquez **** the money up!!! Great fight though

[/font]

PaulMalignaggi Paulie Malignaggi
Dont ask me about the fight I will not give you my opinion except that I thought Marquez won #tk!

[/font]

1Babybull Juan Diaz
Great fight for the boxung fans but bad decision by the judges

[/font]

ChinoMaidana Marcos Maidana
Pobre Márquez lo robaron!

[/font]

Terry Norris "Wow! Thought PAC man would win. But clearly Marquez was robbed again. PAC did NOT win this fight."

[/font]

Erik Morales "Nos robaroooon y feo. Marquez total reconocimiento es el segundo mexicano que le pone en su madre a pacquiao, gano y gano muy bien felicidadees!" Which translates to English as "They robbed us and it was an ugly robbery too. To Marquez total recognition, he is the second Mexican to beat the %#$% out of Pacquiao, he won and he won nicely. Congratulations!" 

[/font]

Anthony Mundine "I luv PAC too...but he lost fair & square...but I'm sure he will return stronger...PAC v Marquez 4 #bringit. Actually I change my mind! Marquez deserves the pay day v money!! As he was really the victor! Don't think I wanna see 4. Even tho money." 

[/font]

Kendall Holt "If u thought Pacman won or if Marquez needed the 12th to win its clear u don't know $#! about this sport." 

ElKoChul Fernando Montiel M

Q pinche robooooooo. Gano markez y c la kitaron d new. Shialeeeee !!! [translation: What a ****ing robbery. Marquez won]

K9boxing Cornelius Bundrage
Just got back in town was at the PacMan fight. Marquez got Robbed. I will Destroy PacMan. I been knew it y'all just didn't know.

"They robbed us and it was an ugly robbery too. To Marquez total recognition, he is the second Mexican to beat the %#$% out of Pacquiao, he won and he won nicely. Congratulations!"

Preach Morales!

"They robbed us and it was an ugly robbery too. To Marquez total recognition, he is the second Mexican to beat the %#$% out of Pacquiao, he won and he won nicely. Congratulations!"

Preach Morales!

Preach Morales!
That quote had so much truth in it.
and it made me 
roll.gif

Preach Morales!
That quote had so much truth in it.
and it made me 
roll.gif

Wow...... What are they doing to this sport?

My prediction before the fight was I thought Manny was going to win but I knew Marquez was not going to hand over the easy victory. I expected a fight, what I got was a seasoned veteran outclass the arguably #1 p4p fighter in just about every way. The pace of the fight was clearly set by JMM. He kept a good distance from Manny which took away the style that Manny is accustomed to fighting.

JMM's punches landed flush, knocking Manny's head back numerous times; While Pac would try to unleash a fury of punches, only to come up short. While watching the fight, I couldn't understand why the commentators were TRYING to show a replay that would portray Manny winning the round when it was clearly the opposite.

I want to watch May vs. Pac as much as the next guy, but damn................Robbery SMH

Wow...... What are they doing to this sport?

My prediction before the fight was I thought Manny was going to win but I knew Marquez was not going to hand over the easy victory. I expected a fight, what I got was a seasoned veteran outclass the arguably #1 p4p fighter in just about every way. The pace of the fight was clearly set by JMM. He kept a good distance from Manny which took away the style that Manny is accustomed to fighting.

JMM's punches landed flush, knocking Manny's head back numerous times; While Pac would try to unleash a fury of punches, only to come up short. While watching the fight, I couldn't understand why the commentators were TRYING to show a replay that would portray Manny winning the round when it was clearly the opposite.

I want to watch May vs. Pac as much as the next guy, but damn................Robbery SMH

Originally Posted by Milkman Dead

I just went to stubhub and grabbed tickets after watching that.

Originally Posted by Milkman Dead

I just went to stubhub and grabbed tickets after watching that.

So I have a question for all of you.

Do you now give credit to Floyd for beating JMM?

So I have a question for all of you.

Do you now give credit to Floyd for beating JMM?

I'm gonna say there's no way the compubox is right unless they counted a TON of glancing blows and missed punches. Watching the fight, Manny couldn't get any sort of offensive flow going. Marquez was the one landing combinations while Manny would at best land one punch at a time. I really can't believe that he outlanded Marquez. Also, judging this fight based on Manny's aggressions is crazy because 1. his aggression didn't control the fight, Marquez was the ring general tonight and 2. He wasn't even that aggressive. Marquez was backing up because that's how he fights. Manny was walking him down but he didn't throw a lot of punches or get him into a corner. His aggression did nothing. At the very best, if you give all the questionable rounds to Manny, I had it a draw. There might've been one or two clear Manny rounds, though. No way he wins that fight.

Pac is really going to have to work on his defense if he's going to give Floyd a good fight. He leaves himself wide open and off balance when he's punching and when he's defending, Marquez was still punishing him with body shots and uppercuts.

I'm gonna say there's no way the compubox is right unless they counted a TON of glancing blows and missed punches. Watching the fight, Manny couldn't get any sort of offensive flow going. Marquez was the one landing combinations while Manny would at best land one punch at a time. I really can't believe that he outlanded Marquez. Also, judging this fight based on Manny's aggressions is crazy because 1. his aggression didn't control the fight, Marquez was the ring general tonight and 2. He wasn't even that aggressive. Marquez was backing up because that's how he fights. Manny was walking him down but he didn't throw a lot of punches or get him into a corner. His aggression did nothing. At the very best, if you give all the questionable rounds to Manny, I had it a draw. There might've been one or two clear Manny rounds, though. No way he wins that fight.

Pac is really going to have to work on his defense if he's going to give Floyd a good fight. He leaves himself wide open and off balance when he's punching and when he's defending, Marquez was still punishing him with body shots and uppercuts.

Man everybody knows what's up. Bob Arum put the fix in. The money would be lost had Pacquiao lost this fight. It's just a shame that Marquez has been robbed by the same fighter twice.

Maybe Pacquiao did have an off night, but if I was Mayweather I'd be looking to fight him now. It's clear a true boxer will give him problems that why he had trouble with Mosley (couldn't stop him because he kept circleing from the stright left hand that Pacquiao always throws) and he had problems with Marquez.

These last two years have been terrible as far as boxing decisions it's almost as bad as Olympic style judging. I feel exactly what Proshares is saying greedy promoters are killing the sport I've been watching since I was a kid. My cousin Winky Wright was saying this is like the fight he had with Fernando Vargas. It's a shame.

Back
Top Bottom