2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

^Hopkins held on to Dawson, Dawson shoved him off with his  elbow, Bhop falls down halfway   out of the ring  with   an apparent injured shoulder. Ref awards Dawson   the Million Dollar Title
Too old to Sabu it like Cintron
At least Demarco vs Linares was great
Pick up the slack Donaire  and Mikey Garcia next week please
frown.gif

Free  too

Originally Posted by el producto79

I wasn't able to watch, what happened?

Hopkins tried to throw a straight right hand missed and leaned into Dawson, Hopkins pushed Dawson's head down, Dawson lifted Hopkins off his feet and pushed him to the floor. Hopkins claims his shoulder is separated and Dawson won the title by way of TKO when it should have been a no-contest.

Hopkins tried to throw a straight right hand missed and leaned into Dawson, Hopkins pushed Dawson's head down, Dawson lifted Hopkins off his feet and pushed him to the floor. Hopkins claims his shoulder is separated and Dawson won the title by way of TKO when it should have been a no-contest.

chad dawson threw hopkins to the ground. hopkins claim injured shoulder but it looks suspect. ref says no foul. ruling is tko win.

Dawson is the new champ

chad dawson threw hopkins to the ground. hopkins claim injured shoulder but it looks suspect. ref says no foul. ruling is tko win.

Dawson is the new champ

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

THIS FIGHT WAS PPV! PPV! LMAO.....I BOUGHT IT THO. PAID $60 AND BET $40 ON DAWSON TO WIN $44. SO I SAVED SOME $.

WTH my bet on bodog doesn't show as registered, did Bodog pull an okydoke? Damn!

THIS FIGHT WAS PPV! PPV! LMAO.....I BOUGHT IT THO. PAID $60 AND BET $40 ON DAWSON TO WIN $44. SO I SAVED SOME $.

WTH my bet on bodog doesn't show as registered, did Bodog pull an okydoke? Damn!

Ha that's what u get for betting on Chad

Ha that's what u get for betting on Chad

Sorry @%* Hopkins tried to grapple with Dawson another time earlier in the fight before Dawson finally tossed him.

Faker Hopkins could not take the match.

Sorry @%* Hopkins tried to grapple with Dawson another time earlier in the fight before Dawson finally tossed him.

Faker Hopkins could not take the match.

This call is going to be reversed...no doubt about it. But still, this whole situation was unfortunate...

Before he kept getting interrupted by Hopkins, I thought Max was making a good point. All that "craftiness" and "old-school technique" (aka cheating a little bit) finally worked against BHop...We don't give him the benefit of doubt anymore, and neither did the ref.
Don't lie, the minute you saw that exchange you thought BHop was trying to pull a fast one on us (I know I did.)
After watching the replay though, it seems like he fell pretty hard on his shoulder.

I wonder what happens here? I don't see how a rematch of this fight gets sold. I damn sure hope the new regime at HBO doesn't approve rematch, either...
I really feel bad for the people who paid money for this...dudes are getting punished for being boxing fans, SMH...

And Lineres caught a tough break with all those cuts. Even though I thought all that praise the commentators were throwing his way was a little much, I always felt like he was excellent. I even felt like he could give "Bam Bam" a run for his money...not now though considering he just lost to a poorman's "Bam Bam."
( Sidenote: If i'm managing a young, up-coming boxer I would never improve a tough-man, Mexican, stalker
laugh.gif

This call is going to be reversed...no doubt about it. But still, this whole situation was unfortunate...

Before he kept getting interrupted by Hopkins, I thought Max was making a good point. All that "craftiness" and "old-school technique" (aka cheating a little bit) finally worked against BHop...We don't give him the benefit of doubt anymore, and neither did the ref.
Don't lie, the minute you saw that exchange you thought BHop was trying to pull a fast one on us (I know I did.)
After watching the replay though, it seems like he fell pretty hard on his shoulder.

I wonder what happens here? I don't see how a rematch of this fight gets sold. I damn sure hope the new regime at HBO doesn't approve rematch, either...
I really feel bad for the people who paid money for this...dudes are getting punished for being boxing fans, SMH...

And Lineres caught a tough break with all those cuts. Even though I thought all that praise the commentators were throwing his way was a little much, I always felt like he was excellent. I even felt like he could give "Bam Bam" a run for his money...not now though considering he just lost to a poorman's "Bam Bam."
( Sidenote: If i'm managing a young, up-coming boxer I would never improve a tough-man, Mexican, stalker
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom