2012 Camaro ZL1 >>_____________

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by slickp42189

If you're asking me, it really depends on what I want/need at the time. For the price of a ZR1 ($110k), if it is a track car I want, it'll be very close between a ZR1 or GTR, GTR might win a bit since it can be both a daily driver and track car. Plus the number one of the track is no racing so either way, it's just for fun. I doubt I'd notice I am going a second slower than a ZR1 on a straightway. That is if I am buying new. Buying used, probably a Porsche GT3 for the track.
 If it's a daily driver/cruiser, for around $110k - $130k, I'd take an Aston Martin Vantage V8 w/o a question. 
i knew we HAD to agree on something, gt3 nice pick
but for a dd/cruiser for 110-130 i have to rock with the r8, now a used vantage v8 for 85 then thats the choice
To me, the look of the Aston is just too beautiful to pass up so for that price, I really wouldn't say no to it. I actually wouldn't mind the new 911 as a daily driving for around $85k. At about $130k, my heart belongs to the Vantage.
i will agree again that the vantage is pretty from all angles, but the r8 is more aggressive/sinister looking (which i like more), and the 991 widebody would be a good look also, but i would choose the vantage over it 

Originally Posted by go rilla

^interesting
OMG, you seriously just did that, mad props man, hey, i think my girl is cheating on me, can you check into that for me?

i find this a lot more interesting 

Originally Posted by go rilla

^one day you might just reach 300
haha, is it that obvious, i had no idea it was hard, like ive been a member for a minute but i just check the site out for release dates and thats it, but now im actually trying to get the post quota and its actually difficult, like i give u mad props for your count because this commenting stuff is not really as easy as i thought it would be

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

R32, R33, R34?

The GTR has history, not as deep as the Corvette, but thats cause I dont believe they have been out for that long.
laugh.gif
There are GT-R's from the 70's. I try to stay out of these arguments, the fools on the other side spew stupid #$@! like "uhhh there's no history with the GT-R" What a fool.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

R32, R33, R34?

The GTR has history, not as deep as the Corvette, but thats cause I dont believe they have been out for that long.
laugh.gif
There are GT-R's from the 70's. I try to stay out of these arguments, the fools on the other side spew stupid #$@! like "uhhh there's no history with the GT-R" What a fool.
laugh.gif

I had a feeling. Hate to use this as an example but those cars in the Like A G6 video were GTR's. Thats how I thought there were older GTR's, wasnt sure though.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

R32, R33, R34?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I had a feeling. Hate to use this as an example but those cars in the Like A G6 video were GTR's. Thats how I thought there were older GTR's, wasnt sure though.
laugh.gif
Ah yeah. If anyone remembers the last Fast Five movie, Paul Walker was driving a '72 GT-R when he came to Rio.

a '72 GTR? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a Skyline...a Nissan Skyline. I thought the "GTR" is this new beast on the street.

Originally Posted by AG 47

a '72 GTR? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a Skyline...a Nissan Skyline. I thought the "GTR" is this new beast on the street.

It's actually called Nissan Skyline GTR and started using the name in '69.

they only made performance gtrs for a few years then stopped and made economy cars til the r32s came out. its nothing compared to the racing heritage the vette and maro has
and the new gtr is the first one to be brought to the US

u guys have gotta give props to gm for making this car. From everything I've read about it, its a genuine driver's car. Built by engineers who know their stuff about racing cars. It's one of only few new American cars that I'm into...........freakin beast....

Can we just lock this thread?.....there seriously is no point of having this thread open right now. We're not even talking about the ZL1 anymore.....

Originally Posted by DJisMe3

^ exactly....the ZL1 is beast no doubt, but its a heavily modded Camaro at the end of the day....ur spending the extra 25-30k to accomplish what the ZL1 does....and you could do the same thing with a couple other cars, one being a 370z as stated above...
yea, its not heavily modded, its heavily engineered, big difference, have you ever known someone with a modded car? talk about car problems that never end, with a ZL1 its engineered to the max and you can drive it without having to worry about the laundry list of issues you would with a modded car
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

they only made performance gtrs for a few years then stopped and made economy cars til the r32s came out. its nothing compared to the racing heritage the vette and maro has
and the new gtr is the first one to be brought to the US

Gotcha. Thank you for clearing that up.

Don't really see the issue with it, better they caught whatever the problem is before they shipped it to dealers.

Back
Top Bottom