2012 Jordan Brand Year in Review

What method do you prefer for purchasing Jordan Brand releases?

• Twitter RSVP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draft/Raffle Ticket

• First Come First Serve

• Ordering Online

• Total voters

KMante

Staff member
Hi everyone!

This is the year in review thread. A lot of things changed about Jordan releases this year and it seems to have come with mixed results.

I would love to hear your opinions on the following:
  1. Best Jordan release (and why)
  2. Worst Jordan release (and why)
  3. An overall grade for the Jordan releases of 2012
  4. Your true feelings for Twitter RSVP and the raffle system (Also, answer the poll question!)
  5. Other comments and thoughts

Thanks! I will start it off!

1) Air Jordan Retro Black/Red XI. This release for me was very peaceful and I was able to purchase my second favorite Jordan XI hassel free (my favorite are the Space Jams!) They look great and should hold up well. Plus, no yellow sole!

2) Air Jordan Retro "Chicago" X. It wasn't hard to purchase at all (ordered off NDC.)  This wasn't actually a bad purchase at all, but I was a little disappointed by the fitting on this shoe and the fact that they started squeaking as early as they did.

3) A solid B. The shoes that I purchased this year were very solid. Not the best, but satisfactory.

4) I don't have a twitter, so I don't use twitter RSVP. I don't really know how it works, which is why I would like to know from you.

The raffle system is more peaceful, especially if you win. Even if you lose the raffles, there will always be leftover pairs that you can claim. In fact, that is how I got my GMP this summer after winning a raffle for an incorrect size! I don't mind the raffle system at all.

5) I didn't purchase as many Jordans as past years, but next year seems like it wil be another big year with releases. I'm definitely looking forward to 2013!

1.  Bred IV's.  Classic shoe. #1 in my collection and it will reign supreme forever.  Although JB did disrespect it a bit by putting some ashy larry nubuck on it, but the quality was decent overall.

It speaks for itself..
sick.gif
sick.gif

3.  I had to give it a B+, great colorways that came out this year and the quality on most of the shoes were good compared to past years.

4.  The RSVP is good, despite the ******* workers that hook up there friends and family first and give the rest to others.  Seems incredibly unfair and not right, I buy all my shoes online so it doesn't really effect me, but we've all heard the complaints/stories.  I agree with you man the leftovers definitely have to be the best part.

5.  2013 is not going to let my wallet breathe whatsoever. 

Thanks! The Bred IV's are great. I've worn them a couple of times now. I'm thankful they came back out this time around.

C'mon fellas. You don't have to answer every question 
nerd.gif

I know we don't have to answer every question, but I will.

1) My best pickup of the year, is a tie between the Olympic 6 and Black Cement 4.
Loved them both and damn near couldn't sleep the night before the release.

2) The worst release of the year (in terms of failed execution) has to be those ugly Patchwork 7s & 1.
:smh: :smh: :smh:
(Haven't held them, but all pics I've seen, they all look horrid, even the blue joints)

3) Overall, I'll rate 2012 for JB a B. A lot of very nice retros that haven't been out in a while (White Cement 4s, Chicago 10s, Playoff 12s, etc.)
And the quality on most of the releases were pretty respectable (besides some of the Military & FR 4s)

4) I haven't used the RSVP system because no NT is close to me (Boston is 2+ hours away), but I do like the raffle system.
I don't know if I was just lucky or what, but every raffle I entered, I got called (GMP 6/7, Black Cement 4, Thunder 4, etc.)
Plus I like how its guaranteed sizing, and not just a place in line, like how it started off with the GMP.

5) The shoes I'm most excited about for 2013 are: Grape 5s, White/Black 13s & Black/Red 13s, possible Columbia 11 release, FR 3s, and NIKE AIR AJ1s.
Some retro+ c/w's I'm looking forward to are the Lightning 4s, FR 4s and Crimson 3s.
2013 just may top 2012!

:smokin

I know we don't have to answer every question, but I will.

1) My best pickup of the year, is a tie between the Olympic 6 and Black Cement 4.
Loved them both and damn near couldn't sleep the night before the release.

2) The worst release of the year (in terms of failed execution) has to be those ugly Patchwork 7s & 1.
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

(Haven't held them, but all pics I've seen, they all look horrid, even the blue joints)

3) Overall, I'll rate 2012 for JB a B. A lot of very nice retros that haven't been out in a while (White Cement 4s, Chicago 10s, Playoff 12s, etc.)
And the quality on most of the releases were pretty respectable (besides some of the Military & FR 4s)

4) I haven't used the RSVP system because no NT is close to me (Boston is 2+ hours away), but I do like the raffle system.
I don't know if I was just lucky or what, but every raffle I entered, I got called (GMP 6/7, Black Cement 4, Thunder 4, etc.)
Plus I like how its guaranteed sizing, and not just a place in line, like how it started off with the GMP.

5) The shoes I'm most excited about for 2013 are: Grape 5s, White/Black 13s & Black/Red 13s, possible Columbia 11 release, FR 3s, and NIKE AIR AJ1s.
Some retro+ c/w's I'm looking forward to are the Lightning 4s, FR 4s and Crimson 3s.
2013 just may top 2012!

smokin.gif
Man, I completely forgot those released. Honestly, the price more than the looks for the VII's is what got me weak 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
2013 just may top 2012!
smokin.gif
I have a feeling it definitely will.

Bring the Laney's, Stealth's, and 3M Raging Bull V or even the red suede and it's a wrap for me.
Yep.

Laney 5, Red Suede RB 5 and possible 23rd anniversary c/w could trump this year's 4 releases.
I was surprised that I got the Raging Bull pack on my birthday, which was months after they released. I was so excited! I beat up both pairs, and wore them both in the snow with no care in the world. My Red Suedes are light red/borderline pink now 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

If they really come back out with the Red Suedes, then I will definitely purchase, and take much better care of them 
laugh.gif

People definitely slept on them when they came out back in '09. People seem to want them now, which I don't mind at all. They are a great shoe!

Man, I completely forgot those released. Honestly, the price more than the looks for the VII's is what got me weak 
laugh.gif

I would like to say..

Megan Good..
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Those VII's were so wack.
I was surprised that I got the Raging Bull pack on my birthday, which was months after they released. I was so excited! I beat up both pairs, and wore them both in the snow with no care in the world. My Red Suedes are light red/borderline pink now 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

If they really come back out with the Red Suedes, then I will definitely purchase, and take much better care of them 
laugh.gif

People definitely slept on them when they came out back in '09. People seem to want them now, which I don't mind at all. They are a great shoe!
It would be reasonable for JB to re-release the 3M RB V's on Black Friday and then the red suede as a quick strike like someone stated before in the 2013 Black Friday thread.  Although, I have a feeling it won't happen since they are releasing the red suede IV's already in the Fall.  Definitely will be copping 2x the IV's and if they red suede V's were to re-release also; 2013 will easily top 2012..

We haven't even gotten to the Chrome and Playoff VIII's yet either!  Everyone be talking about the Grape's/Lightning's/White Cement's/Royal's..

Last edited:
laugh.gif

I would like to say..

Megan Good..
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Those VII's were so wack.
laugh.gif

mean.gif

laugh.gif

It would be reasonable for JB to re-release the 3M RB V's on Black Friday and then the red suede as a quick strike like someone stated before in the 2013 Black Friday thread.  Although, I have a feeling it won't happen since they are releasing the red suede IV's already in the Fall.  Definitely will be copping 2x the IV's and if they red suede V's were to re-release also; 2013 will easily top 2012..

We haven't even gotten to the Chrome and Playoff VIII's yet either!  Everyone be talking about the Grape's/Lightning's/White Cement's/Royal's..
Meagan Good 
embarassed.gif

There is so much that could happen next year. The reason is because JB doesn't care anymore. I remember when people thought that quickstrikes like the Nubuck XII, Altitude XIII, Thunder and Lightning IV would never come back out again. They have or are gonna come back out. JB seems to just keep pumping stuff out. I'm definitely looking forward to the VIII's, especially the Playoff and Aqua VIII's!

Last edited:
^ Exactly.

Nothing is safe no more.

After the Thunder 4 retro, any JB past release is up for grabs.

*hears hoping JB brings back the Carmine 6s, my grail*

I know their coming though.

^ Exactly.
Nothing is safe no more.
After the Thunder 4 retro, any JB past release is up for grabs.
*hears hoping JB brings back the Carmine 6s, my grail*
I know their coming though.
Without a doubt Carmine's are coming soon, Maroon VI's are also confirmed for 2013 too.

1. My favorite release of the year was the Obsidian XII. I missed out on this shoe in high school for cash reasons, andthis year i made sure I wasn't going to miss out again. One of my all time favorites that JB just took forever to retro. It felt good this year to get a pair at 30 that i wanted since I was 15.

2. My least favorite release of the year was the Kilroy Pack. Some of those colorways were completely absurd and would have sat for months if we weren't in the middle of the "hype era"

3.I give JB a B+ on the 2012 releases I purchased as far as quality and availability. I was able to get the shoes I wanted at retail without too much craziness this year, and I didn't feel like I grossly overpaid for most of them. The only reason it isn't an A, is I pay 25 bucks at an outlet for some adidas or new balance and I get the same quality I get from JB for 160. JB should be held to a higher standard based on the premium price point.

4.twitter Rsvp has been useless for me. Ive never successfully reserved a pair, and since the apps have been developed to automatically do it I have given up trying. I like having a scheduled release day and time. That way I can plan for it. I don't work in an industry where I can sit by a computer all day waiting for a tweet, and the mobile alerts are either too slow or don't come at all. Not a fan of raffles either, and they wouldn't be necessary if people could just act like human beings in line.

5.Jordan Brand seems to be making more pairs of certain releases, most of the GR IVs were very available this year. This is a good thing and I hope it continues for the Vs this year. 2013 will be the litmus test for how long JB can ride the hype train. My fear is that the 2012 black red XIs just restarted things the way the Concord XI did last year. I think the Squadron Blue XIII will be the water mark this year, kind of like the old royal X was last year. Once those sold out in minutes I figured everything would. So if the Squadron XIII sell out instantly this year I can imagine all releases will again this year.

Best Jordan release (and why). White Cement 4. Wanted this shoe for YEARS. Quality was Decent.
Worst Jordan release (and why). I only copped what I liked and wanted..so idk.
An overall grade for the Jordan releases of 2012 : Strong B. Pretty solid year, lots of classics.. Kinda mad many were out in the cdp though. But also ones that hadnt been out in years(chi and cement)
Your true feelings for Twitter RSVP and the raffle system (Also, answer the poll question!). I like twitter RSVP because these kids line up days before now for EVERYTHING.. I still miss FCFS a bit though.
Other comments and thoughts: 2013 is my final year for sure (unless columbias dont come out AGAIN smh). JB has been giving me a break with re releasing joints I have the past few years.

1. royals (the only must..the rest i had before as a kid or have in beat up condition)
2. The cdp 13s
3. playoff 8
4. Home 8
5. Columbias

1. White/Cement IVs for me just cuz they haven't been retroed in such a long time. Loved to finally have a wearable pair of those. Close second would be the Black/Red IVs for me, didn't cop the CDPs in '08, but in '12 it was time for me to replace my older retro.

2. Kilroy Pack. Didn't see the appeal, and none of the colorways were that memorable to me honestly. Not even gonna get into the Frankenstein type fusion ******** JB put out, can't even keep up with those.

3. Solid B. Minor complaints here and there, but for the releases I copped and wanted, I didn't think there were any major issues with them, at least for me.

4. It is what it is. Twitter RSVP is good for working guys like me cuz I can't stand in line like a kid to camp any more, but it's a ***** if you're just 1-2 min slow sometimes or just barely miss the tweet. Overall though, I've been successful at cop just about everything I've wanted through RSVP this year, so I can't complain. Ordering online is still probably my preferred way to cop though. First come first serve is definitely useless to me, and raffles really aren't much better IMO since it's truly random.

5. With the Grape Vs, Aqua VIIIs, and Black Toe Is in 2013, I'll be done with JB for the most part. I'll pick up something here and there if it's an old favorite, but I won't NEED anything.

Last edited:
  1. Best Jordan release? playoff 12's i should have copped 2 more pairs
  2. Worst Jordan release (and why) Mars & Military 4's the quality on these were horrible i wish they were the same as the cement 4's smh waste of $320
  3. An overall grade for the Jordan releases of 2012? B+ there was some terrible releases this year especially all those 9's them ***** was garbage
  4. Your true feelings for Twitter RSVP and the raffle system (Also, answer the poll question!) I live in Germany and America most of time i don't have to worry about picking up  after release date
  5. Other comments and thoughts? im mad i didnt get the thunder 4s i blame resellers so if you can't beat em join thats what it is for 2013

Back
Top Bottom