2012 New Orleans Pelicans (5-14) Thread: Worst backcourt group ever.

"After visiting the Suns, the impression the organization made on me was incredible. Mr. (Robert) Sarver, Lon Babby, Lance Blanks, the front office staff and Coach (Alvin) Gentry run a first-class organization, and I strongly feel they are the right franchise for me. Phoenix is just where my heart is now."
news_feat-2.jpg

2va1nh1.jpg

I remember when I made this thread last year and only got like 5 post
laugh.gif

That !+!*% EJ is dead to me. He just topped CP3 on my list.

Tell us how you really feel B.Diddy 2.0

I tell you what, the Hornets, with or without Gordon, are going to be an interesting team to watch over the next 2-3 seasons...Im looking forward to these young players develop.

Also I wonder who they plan on filling the roster out with every player mention eventually signs with a new team. Now there are talks about a S&T with Carl Landry going to the Bobcats

Damn, you guys really let this go without me, huh? :lol:

All three draft picks signed
Jerome Dyson and "Brad Miller" traded for Robin Lopez and Hakim Warrick
Roger Mason signed (one year, $854,389)
Brian Roberts signed from summer league team

Oh, and this from today:
A starter on Duke's 2010 national championship team purchased nearly $100,000 in custom jewelry that season from a New York firm that caters to professional athletes and is now suing him for failing to pay the balance of what he owes.

Lance Thomas purchased five pieces of diamond jewelry at a cost of $97,800 on Dec. 21, 2009, in the middle of his senior season, according the lawsuit. Documents included with the suit indicate he made a $30,000 down payment and received $67,800 in credit from the firm, the balance that remains unpaid.
:lol:

Apparently, that firm is the only group of people on the planet that thought he would be a professional athlete.

Lopez
Anderson/Davis/Smith/Warrick/Thomas
Aminu/Miller
Gordon/Rivers/Mason/Henry
Vasquez/Roberts

Preseason starts a month from today; real season on Halloween.

Last edited:
Capped off the preseason with a win. 4-4 overall, after starting 3-0.

Rivers suffered another brutal-looking ankle injury tonight, but he walked off.

Davis averaged 15, 10 and two blocks.
Anderson, 13 and seven (off the bench).
Vasquez turned the ball over a ton.
Rivers only had 14 assists in seven games, but turned the ball over just five times in 188 minutes. He shot the ball atrociously.
Lopez brought what you expect him to bring.
Gordon sat on the bench a lot.

Real game Wednesday. :smokin

Just some random thoughts. Haven't kept this updated well enough.

Warrick got traded for Matt Carroll like a week ago, but he still hasn't reported yet. Edit: He got waived.

Pretty expected start to the season, I guess.

I'm not feeling these rotations much, though. More Anderson (31 minutes a game), more Davis (28), more Aminu (32), more Smith (15), more Roberts (14), less Rivers (30), less Lopez (29), less Mason (17), no Thomas (7), no Henry (10).

And playing at the slowest pace in the league (again) with no isolation scorers and one good shooter doesn't seem beneficial. But Vasquez is a truck, so I guess you can't really run and utilize Davis and Aminu that way.

Anderson, Davis and Aminu have been great. Roberts has been a nice surprise. Smith is still really good in stretches. I like what Miller brings. Vasquez isn't a starter. Lopez is whatever. Rivers sucks like I imagined.

It sure would be nice if they had a dynamic scorer at a guard position...

Last edited:
Man this team just did a complete 180 from last season. First it was all defense, no offense. Now the defense is ghost 
laugh.gif

AD's stress reaction has me kind of worried though. Might be due to his sudden growth spurt + putting on some weight this offseason. Has me thinking if it could be a reoccuring thing if he decides to put on more weight.

Last edited:
They are getting killed on the perimeter. Vasquez, too slow. Rivers, too small. Neither athletic.

Rivers deserved to get benched, but there is really no reason to be giving Mason those minutes. Or anyone else, unless they really go outside the box and size up with Miller or down with Roberts.

@roycewebb Want the Hornets' problem in a nutshell? Average frontcourt player's PER: 20.85. Average backcourt player's: 11.5.

Rivers is an obvious project though (regarding the post where you said he sucks). I don't know anyone who thought he would come in and be a 2nd, 3rd, 4th option (or even start) right away. He can get to the rim at will but can't finish for ****, and that will come with experience. His playmaking has already exceeded most people's expectations. That's not saying much but you gotta give it to him for actually looking like he's trying to change his style of play in just a few months. His BBIQ and work ethic is definitely there so I'm not too worried. I have a lot of trust in Monty to get the best out of Rivers

Pelicans though 
indifferent.gif

Wish they would've went with Krewe or Knights

Last edited:
I can't deal with these rotations. Thomas, Henry and Mason should be playing in Istanbul or some !+%*.

And Rivers, soon enough. But there's no reason to not play him a ton. If he has any confidence whatsoever right now (he shouldn't), it can't get any worse.

I see at least 10 unemployed players I would rather have than those three.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom