*2012 NFC North Trash Talking Thread: Playoffs. Packers drilled by San Francisco/Kaepernick.

Truth. I pointed this out. Aikman pointed this out. You can't completely take the blame away from Ponder, but the receivers not getting open is a real problem on this team. There's no separation whatsoever and I believe it has led to a lot of problems in not being confident his guys will be open.

Yea but that still doesn't excuse him forcing passes. If it's not there then take the sack or use those wheels he has. I'd rather a punt or field goal than two interceptions any day!

Anyways, more bad news...

Percy Harvin placed on IR

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings have placed ailing wide receiver Percy Harvin on injured reserve.

The move was announced Wednesday afternoon, after Harvin missed another practice because of a severely sprained left ankle that has kept him out of the last three games.

After an outstanding first half, Harvin's season deteriorated quickly.

He was hurt at Seattle on Nov. 4. Now this, meaning he won't play the rest of the year

Yea but that still doesn't excuse him forcing passes. If it's not there then take the sack or use those wheels he has. I'd rather a punt or field goal than two interceptions any day!

Of course, but do you realize that that is exactly what Tarvaris Jackson was? Either way he would get lambasted. I don't mean to completely stick up for him because I don't think he's the answer, but in being fair, there's more than meets the eye on this one.

Last edited:
Of course, but do you realize that that is exactly what Tarvaris Jackson was? Either way he would get lambasted. I don't mean to completely stick up for him because I don't think he's the answer, but in being fair, there's more than meets the eye on this one.

Yea I feel you too bro. Our receivers are partly to blame and play calling too. Guess I see how QB's like Brady and Peyton seem to make no name receivers better and I expect the same out of our QB. Just me being partially jelly I suppose :lol:

Lol @ you guys getting ready to crucify Ponder when his receivers should realistically be fighting for roster spots in the CFL. Give the dude a legit target before you throw him under the bus altogether :lol:

Right on Bro. thats why its hard for me to give up on Ponder.

Man between Kyle, Percy, Jerome, and AP Ponder plenty decent weapons.

The dude just ain't that good. Stop it.

I'm just frustrated with him because I see the potential, we all did for the first few weeks. But then it just vanished. I'm willing to give him some time to grow but I've seen this story too many times. I never thought he was *the* Qb for us when we drafted him but will continue to support him as long as he's our starter. He's a smart dude making terrible decisions out there on the field. The WR situation is definitely not helping, we need to get a legit outside WR and move Percy to the slot where he is pretty much unguardable.

And Favre was not a legit QB to me, he was way over his prime.. I mean a QB we had for a few year that consistently did well for us. The Vikings have not that in LONG, LONG time. Favre had 1 year for us, granted it was a miraculous year and we should of been in the Super Bowl (yes, bitter still) but I wouldn't call him a legit QB of the Minnesota Vikings since he only was here for 2 years, one great and one god awful.

But hey, at least we didn't trade for Kevin Kolb right? :lol:

No matter what we do, I'll support this team no matter what.. it's downright terrible at times and I want to rip the playcalling/players to shreds but when they win, it's :smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Man between Kyle, Percy, Jerome, and AP Ponder plenty decent weapons.
The dude just ain't that good. Stop it.

And Kyle, Percy and AP are the only options he uses with any effectiveness. He's tried to force it into Simpson, but he's dropped a good amount of passes and the other times he has created 0 separation. They need an outside receiver to be able to do that.

Only way Minnesota wins like this is if Ponder is flawless. That's a lot to ask even though those INT's were very very stupid. When Ponder has Percy, his decision making is a bit better because Percy can get open.

Last edited:
“‘We have to play accordingly and our fans have to show up accordingly, which we know they will,’ he said after Sunday’s loss at Green Bay. “Hopefully, they’re super- duper drunk. … So drink liquor, not beer.’

Well, that’s certainly not a PSA you see attached to a noon kickoff.

‘Yeah, I would say morning drinking,’ Greenway said. ‘Why not? You could pull an all-nighter. Then you’d have the drunk, tired guys who will really be obnoxious.’”

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/chad-greenway-asks-vikings-fans-to-get-super-duper-drunk/

laugh.gif
The hell greenway talking bout?

Hes been a beast this year though... And no one knows it.

Bears need to take care of business with or without Urlacher and TJ. huge game.

Peterson gonna smash on these Bears all day. Nice drive. Great things happen when you don't turn it over.

Lol @ you guys getting ready to crucify Ponder when his receivers should realistically be fighting for roster spots in the CFL. Give the dude a legit target before you throw him under the bus altogether :lol:

Nah fam...i've watched all our but 2 of our games this season, and this guy just doesnt have it.

Doesnt make the reads a legit starting QB should, doesnt make the ROUTINE throws a legit starting QB should, throws some of the most head-scratching INTs you'll ever see. I'm done with the guy man...i've tried to be optimistic...i really have...but i haven't seen a QB regress as bad as he's done in recent memory. :x :smh:

If Mark Sanchez wasnt so terrible and didnt play for an NY team, we'd have the worst starting QB in the league.

Vikings most reliable WR is Michael Jenkins. Only guy who can catch a slant. :lol:

And Goose says "Toby missed the cutback." Right Goose. Toby's never made a cut in his life.

Last edited:
Packers' road to the playoffs just only getting easier. :pimp:

Time to sweep the Lions tonight. (like usual)

Back
Top Bottom