2012 Niketalk Dunk-off Thread - SECOND DUNK PAGE 4 - TWO HANDER

I've wanted to do this for a while, so here it is:

The Nike Talk Dunk Off
images

Based on the Who in here can dunk a basketball thread, it appears there are a lot of NT'ers who can, actually, throw it down. Some have already posted videos and pictures, and there are some definite leapers.

So let's have a friendly competition. We will pick a list of dunks that need to be done, starting with simple, 'elementary' dunks, and move up in difficulty. Let's embrace our abilities, and push each other to reach new heights, literally and figuratively. This isn't about who can jump the highest, just who can put down the largest variety of dunks.

To start, let's work out the rules, and start developing a list. I want to post the whole list ahead of time so people can begin filming in advance of each stage, and to take care of dunks they specialize in, and work on others they do not.

Here is the first set of tentative rules:
4218335048_82cdcb88db.jpg

Rules:
Spoiler [+]
1. every few days (4-7, not sure how long) a dunk will need to be completed, with film records, and either uploaded to a video site, or e-mailed to me where I will upload it and post
2. required dunks will go in order from easiest to more difficult/complicated
3. a point will be awarded for every dunk you can successfully put down
4. video only. No pictures, or verbal co-signs
5. ten foot rims only. Regulation men's basketballs only. If the thread believes you to be dunking on something lower, or using a women's ball, proof will need to be provided otherwise, unless you want an asterisk (*) next to your name. Of course if you are female and competing, you may use a women's size 6 ball.
6. there is no disqualification for being unable to put down a dunk, there could still be a more complicated dunk down the road you want to show us. The people who can do the most will succeed, but you don't have to do every dunk to win.
7. dunks can be completed off of either one foot or two, and with either hand (unless specified to be a 2-hander)
8. there will also be a vote at the end of the competition for the best dunk, finalists for the vote will be based on thread reaction to dunks as the competition goes on
9. I encourage new footage, please keep each dunk to a separate video, no dunking montages with you posting the time in the video the specific dunk occurs. However, as the competition progresses, this rule could change.
10. style doesn't matter, unless you are trying to win the "best dunk" secondary competition. I just want to see the ball get dunked through the hoop.
11. Dunks can be used twice. For example, one stage requires an alley oop. Any kind. If you go off the bounce, or off the glass, that dunk can be used again, if a later, more specific stage calls for an off the bounce, or off the glass alley-oop. Get it?

Feel free to contribute/discuss

bobkunyard_display_image.jpg

The Dunks Required List:
List goes in order of easiest, and first to be completed, to more difficult, later stage dunks: CURRENT DUNK IS HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN
Beginner Tier

One hander
Two hander
Alley-oop (any kind)
Tomahawk (ala Derrick Rose) anything you #+$% back, or can dunk hard.
From a teammate alley-oop
Cover your face/eyes dunk

Medium Tier

180 (reverse)
Double clutch
Off the bounce alley-oop
Off the glass alley-oop
Off of anything else alley-oop (get creative)

Advanced Tier

Rock the cradle (one or two hand, forwards or reverse)
Jump over something (chair, ball rack, person, Kia..)
Dunk two basketballs
Windmill
Alley-oop off the side of the backboard

Is Dirty a Big Dude? Tier
Windmill reverse
360 windmill
Elbow in the rim
Between the legs
Behind the back
Dunk from free throw line
Break a backboard

Order and tiering of dunks can be discussed, and I encourage you to add your favorite dunks, or dunks you think I missed.

And no, I can't do all of these dunks, but I can do quite a few of these
nerd.gif

The Scoreboard:
1. bjamez20 6'2' 195 lb'- 2 points
1. MonStar1 - 2 points
1 Shahin1189 - 2 points
1. Prostaffer - 2 points
1. alcstarheel - 2 points
1. IRockTMacs 6'4'' 215 lb - 2 points
2. al3x89 6'2'' 166 lb - 1 point
2. f3DJam - 1 ooint
3. empirestrikesfirst 6'1'' 205 lb - 0 points
3. rck2sactown 5'10'' 220 lb - 0 points
3. KickZisFresH - 0 points
3. Futuristic - 0 points

looks good to me, i can knock off beginner and a chunk of medium

will be
eek.gif
if anyone does anything from advanced or is dirty a big dude
laugh.gif

5 types of alley oops in the first 2 tiers might get a little repetitive though

Originally Posted by bjamez20

5 types of alley oops in the first 2 tiers might get a little repetitive though
Very true point. Should it just be one, or are there any you'd prefer or insist on cutting out. Maybe one beginner, one medium, and one advanced?? I just know some guys can only dunk off of lobs, due to small hands, or a different approach, or whatever. I want them to be able to get points, as well. I see what you mean about repetitive, though.

bjamez20 wrote:
will be
eek.gif
if anyone does anything from advanced or is dirty a big dude
laugh.gif

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who has a few of em.
nerd.gif

i'd drop the "from a teammate" oop personally, but it doesnt really matter either way, the more NTers that can participate the better

Hopefully we can get a lay up off after this is done
pimp.gif

Can't wait to see what you NTers can do tho

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

Hopefully we can get a lay up off after this is done
pimp.gif

Can't wait to see what you NTers can do tho

67474853-19075248.jpg

Spoiler [+]
armstrong_d.jpg

Originally Posted by sladewilson

only 1 out of 10,000 NTers can dunk 
I hope we get alot of people but I doubt it.

Take all the people that claim they can dunk...then cut out all the liars. So thats half gone.

Then subtract the ones that will be too lazy or embarrassed to post their wnba style dunks.

After that we might have 8 guys competing at the most.  Lets see.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by sladewilson

only 1 out of 10,000 NTers can dunk 
I hope we get alot of people but I doubt it.

Take all the people that claim they can dunk...then cut out all the liars. So thats half gone.

Then subtract the ones that will be too lazy or embarrassed to post their wnba style dunks.

After that we might have 8 guys competing at the most.  Lets see.

You're 100% right there
laugh.gif

But it's all a friendly competition. There are dunks here that any dunker can do, I encourage people to post whatever they can!

What about the people that can only dunk on 9 foot rims, the 250 pound people and the 5'7 with 32 inch verticals

On one hand, I love threads like this because it makes it easy to call bluffs. Some dude in another thread says something like "You guys are overrating that dunk. I've done it a few times. Real talk", and we can just kindly direct him to this thread and tell him to… get his shine on.
laugh.gif

But then on the other hand, all the Ducktales stories that start with "I can" will now start w/ "My boy can."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bjamez20

had this clip on my computer, one handed dunki'll get some better footage tomorrow at the gym
Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

looks like one of those brothers with the shoes that make you jump higher , the banned by the NBA shoes 
athletic-propulsion-labs-banned-by-the-nba.jpg

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

On one hand, I love threads like this because it makes it easy to call bluffs. Some dude in another thread says something like "You guys are overrating that dunk. I've done it a few times. Real talk", and we can just kindly direct him to this thread and tell him to… get his shine on.
laugh.gif

But then on the other hand, all the Ducktales stories that start with "I can" will now start w/ "My boy can."
laugh.gif
I hear you man! 
laugh.gif

Not trying to expose anybody, dunking just has a special spot in my heart, and I feel this thread can be my lil' contribution to the S&T forum.

Start filming guys.

Thanks for the first video, bjamez20, that gets you a point!

IRockTMacs:
dunking just has a special spot in my heart, and I feel this thread can be my lil' contribution to the S&T forum.!
I've been on NT since '03, and I can't remember ever seeing a dunk contest thread. Good idea.
smokin.gif

Nice idea, Dennis. 
pimp.gif

I think I can get the beginner dunks and a couple medium tier ones. I'll just need to find someone to video them.

Argh, should have come up with this idea like 6 yrs ago when I still could, or wait til this summer when hopefully I will be able to again. I searched like mad through all the old computers and old emails I have sent, can't find the videos I used to have (and the ones I posted on nt even) from a few yrs back for nothing. I don't even tap glass right now

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Nice idea, Dennis. 
pimp.gif

I think I can get the beginner dunks and a couple medium tier ones. I'll just need to find someone to video them.

I'm signing you up then! I can vouch for you belonging in the comp.
pimp.gif

# NTCanadaBallSquad
DUNK 1 - ONE HANDER starts now, but it will be open for two weeks or so, some people need time to get camera's/get back in shape.

Hahaha thanks. I'll try and get a couple done at a time.
If you need weight, I'm 205lbs and closer to 6'1"

6'2" 195 by the way

So can we post the dunks whenever, or should we do one a week or so?

Back
Top Bottom