2012 Summer Olympics Thread: London July 27 - August 12

GOT DAMN SHAWN JOHNSON GOT BIG

She's :pimp: I wouldn't necessarily say "big", but she definitely don't have the body of a 14/15 y.o teen that we last seen her with back in 08.

And i know it's not just me, but every time i see her or nastia lukin, i can't help but think of the possibilities that could ensue in the bedroom with either one of those 2 :tongue:

SMH at Taiwan not being able to use their flag.

**** China.

:D

USA swagger in Polo... Now it's time to get busy
Ralph Lauren caught flack for having them made in China.
All this talk about buying American, revitalizing the US economy and 
we march into the Olympics with uni's made in China...

This makes no sense to me. So I'm supposed to be upset that the limited Polo gear for The Olympics was made in China. But when it comes to the mass produced stuff that literally millions of Americans wear every damn day, nobody really makes a peep about where it's manufactured?

Please.....I have much more important matters to worry about besides where a limited run of clothing is made. If it was THAT important, I'd expect the same folks making a stink about it to make an issue during non-Olympic times, as well. But for the most part, they don't.

Ya gotta love that good ol' political posturing.

MR. BEAN was the highlight of the ceremony. Dude should have just did the whole thing.

This makes no sense to me. So I'm supposed to be upset that the limited Polo gear for The Olympics was made in China. But when it comes to the mass produced stuff that literally millions of Americans wear every damn day, nobody really makes a peep about where it's manufactured?
Please.....I have much more important matters to worry about besides where a limited run of clothing is made. If it was THAT important, I'd expect the same folks making a stink about it to make an issue during non-Olympic times, as well. But for the most part, they don't.
Ya gotta love that good ol' political posturing.
That's just the thing, wouldn't the largest stage in the world right now be the time to send a message?

say a US manufacturer had made those 500 or so uniforms for the Olympics, maybe they start to get more opportunities to produce

goods being made abroad.  All i'm saying is let's not talk constantly about losing jobs to outsourcing, buying American and all that and then not seize the opportunity to make that statement with only 500 uniforms....

Last edited:
Why are they competing as Great Britain? Has it always been like that or did the countries compete separately in recent Olympics?
It's always been Team GB (Officially it's "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland")

Beckham >> James Bond

This dude Matt Lauer pronounced Qatar as Cutter :rofl: never heard it said like that, even from other Americans

This dude Matt Lauer pronounced Qatar as Cutter :rofl: never heard it said like that, even from other Americans

That's the correct pronunciation. Or as close to the standard Arabic pronunciation as you'll get anyway.

Thought the ceremony was quite decent. Some amazing visuals, especially the cauldron, and I enjoyed the various homages. The one to the health care system should have the Tories up in arms. Always good to see the Champ out and about, though obviously his condition is worsening.

Shame about the end, though. McCartney is sounding weak these days, yet he's involved in every British event of note. Oh well.

Last edited:
Michael Phelps barely made the final of the 400 IM. He was the 8th and final qualifier off time.

Both Phelps and Lochte will matchup in the final this afternoon at 2:30 PM EST (you'll have to figure out who'll be showing it live in your area).

ugly start to this ladies b-ball game :smh:

#14 on croatia is the biggest woman i've ever seen , her vagina gotta be like 4 feet deep :lol:

Back
Top Bottom