2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

It has the same mounting points as the STi engine. So when when warranty runs out...

2600lbs + 300hp =
eek.gif

It has the same mounting points as the STi engine. So when when warranty runs out...

2600lbs + 300hp =
eek.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

2600lbs + 300hp =
eek.gif

I have a feeling the 200hp variant is just an introductory version ala '91 caprice or '92 Eldorado. Its common for manufacturers to only offer one engine for the first year or two of production and then later on release their more powerful variants. 

Little things like the filled fender vents and large amount of gauges on the RHD version  make me think Toyota has a more performance oriented package in the works. lolz & If the mounting points arent a dead giveaway, I dont know what else is.

Originally Posted by quik1987

2600lbs + 300hp =
eek.gif

I have a feeling the 200hp variant is just an introductory version ala '91 caprice or '92 Eldorado. Its common for manufacturers to only offer one engine for the first year or two of production and then later on release their more powerful variants. 

Little things like the filled fender vents and large amount of gauges on the RHD version  make me think Toyota has a more performance oriented package in the works. lolz & If the mounting points arent a dead giveaway, I dont know what else is.

Not bad. I'm not going to trade in the EVO for it, but I might think about this or the BRZ down the road for a daily. BRZ hopefully adds an STi variant with AWD sometime.

Not bad. I'm not going to trade in the EVO for it, but I might think about this or the BRZ down the road for a daily. BRZ hopefully adds an STi variant with AWD sometime.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

quik1987 wrote:

2600lbs + 300hp =
eek.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

no more power though.

quik1987 wrote:

2600lbs + 300hp =
eek.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

no more power though.

the concept looked a billion times better. this is really disappointing; looks like a 2012 celica. EZPASS

the concept looked a billion times better. this is really disappointing; looks like a 2012 celica. EZPASS

quik1987 wrote:

quik1987 wrote:

2600lbs + 300hp =
eek.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

no more power though.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I think they will come out with a higher output version for its second or third model year.

Take the last generation Eldo for example, when it first released in 1992 it was only available with one rather weak engine option. For the 93 model year they introduced the Northstar engine series which drastically improved acceleration and the cars overall reputation.

quik1987 wrote:

quik1987 wrote:

2600lbs + 300hp =
eek.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

no more power though.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I think they will come out with a higher output version for its second or third model year.

Take the last generation Eldo for example, when it first released in 1992 it was only available with one rather weak engine option. For the 93 model year they introduced the Northstar engine series which drastically improved acceleration and the cars overall reputation.

People complaining about the 200HP figure is missing the point again. Straight gotta recycle old comments.
laugh.gif

A true enthusiast would appreciate this car for what it is, not what it should be.

People complaining about the 200HP figure is missing the point again. Straight gotta recycle old comments.
laugh.gif

A true enthusiast would appreciate this car for what it is, not what it should be.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

Nah.

A true enthusiast can appreciate where a car succeeds and also see where there is room for improvement. 

200hp is fine for a base model DD but true enthusiasts are already demanding a performance variant because this just wont cut it without mods that will void the warranty.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

Nah.

A true enthusiast can appreciate where a car succeeds and also see where there is room for improvement. 

200hp is fine for a base model DD but true enthusiasts are already demanding a performance variant because this just wont cut it without mods that will void the warranty.

Back
Top Bottom