2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was outlandish at first, I think marc Stein or some other NBA blogger was the first one who said it and I thought it was outlandish at first too then I looked at a list of 30 starting point guards and was like easily.Give me a second. I'll post them.

DatZNasty

32,791 Posts. Joined 5/2001

I'd start him over the following guards
Kings
Magic
Lakers
Bobcats
Pacers
Jazz
Bucks
Pistons
76ers
Knicks
Rockets
Celtics (until Rondo is back)

and a few more but they'd incite a real argument and homer accusations. "All star" Jrue Holiday for example, has looked extra average as a Pelican. I'll give Calderon the benefit of the doubt for now and call him better; then of course if you take salary into it Reggie Jackson on rookie scale > hyped guys underperforming relative to their contracts. I think he's better than Mario outside of Mario fits, mainly because of his outside shooting (Miami promised him in the draft. You'll see. While Westbrook is out, I expect about 17, 7, and 6

You have HIGH expectations for this guy. Starting him over Nash, Kemba, George Hill, Brandon Knight, Raymond Felton, Jeremy Lin or Patrick Beverly is pretty crazy - especially considering he's proven nothing.
Lol, take Nash off although it's no contest on one 47 feet of the court. I could play them together though no problem. RJ at 6'4 with a 7ft wingspan can defend 2s. I stand by everyone else. I was still thinking Steve Blake era. But we'll see. His ability to finish at the rim is 2nd to none, well actually only to LeBron at just over 70% finishing around the rim. If he can hit 40% from 3, which he most likely can't unless he commits to only shooting from the corner where he wasn't bad last yr and limiting or totally eliminating above the break 3s, he'd get a few more 0s on that deal. If I'm his agent, I even engourage him to enter the dunk contest to increase his name recognition. No way he is still a Thunder in 2 yrs, unless Westbrook is already gone somehow. And good luck with that diminutive, unathletic, shoot first, no defense playing *** backcourt in Sacramento. That was an easy decision

Last edited:
That next gen trailer is ridiculous.

Can't wait to see how my Bulls do this season. Also the Nets, if they can stay healthy, I wonder.

I'm gon go the "cheap" route and cop the league pass for mobile phones

WIFI + Phone+ League Pass+ TV+ View media item 620978 = happy me

this is such a baws idea!
but is the quality good? i imagine they'd only give you an standard definition option since mobile devices are only made with lower resolution screens
if i were to put it on my 60" would it look wack?

Last edited:
I could never get mine (the microUSB to HDMI adapter) to work, even had the seller send me another one. Seems like my tv recognized the device then it'd dropped without ever displaying anything. This dock could be more convenient to use, I just bought one to see if it can allow me to use my Note 2 while the screen is broken
samsung_galaxy_note_2_smartdock_edd-s200wegstd_white1.jpg

"On Tuesday, Howard compared Rockets small forward Chandler Parsons to Hedo Turkoglu and Rockets shooting guard James Harden to Courtney Lee but also added that Harden has more scoring ability. He compared Rockets point guard Patrick Beverley to Rafer Alston and Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin to Anthony Johnson."

- why can't this man just sthu...does he really think The Rockets are building around him or Harden :lol:

Dwight Howard is so dumb.

Not sure if anyone is still following ESPN's NBA Player Rankings

View media item 621267
25: Kobe Bryant
24: Chris Bosh
23: Joakim Noah
22: Roy Hibbert
21: John Wall

View media item 621266
20: Deron Williams
19: Al Horford
18: Dwyane Wade
17: LaMarcus Aldridge
16: Tim Duncan

View media item 621427
15: Carmelo Anthony
14: Blake Griffin
13: Paul George
12: Tony Parker
11. Kevin Love

"@NBAGuru: 10 yet to be named in #NBARank: LeBron, Durant, CP3, Kyrie, Marc Gasol, Harden, Dwight, Steph, Westbrook, Rose."
#NBArank

Last edited:

"@NBAGuru: 12 yet to be named in #NBARank: LeBron, Durant, CP3, Kyrie, Marc Gasol, Harden, Dwight, Steph, Love, Westbrook, Rose, Parker"
#NBArank
Tim Duncan 16 :lol:

"@NBAGuru: 12 yet to be named in #NBARank: LeBron, Durant, CP3, Kyrie, Marc Gasol, Harden, Dwight, Steph, Love, Westbrook, Rose, Parker"
#NBArank
Tim Duncan 16
laugh.gif
Marc Gasol and Kyrie have become vastly overrated. Slam also has kyrie as a top 10 player. He's getting a HUGE media push. ESPN rank is always comedy lol.

That video of Bynum working out actually disappoints me more than anything. He was doing those exact same things last year for the Sixers. He's got giant braces on both his knees...looks like he has zero flexibility at this point. I really hope he can get on the floor and be the player we know he can be for the Cavs this year. Atleast he cut the fro and looks healthier and more serious about playing now.

I think Bynum realizes this is his last chance at playing in the NBA....and I'm pretty sure that $25,000,000 hanging over his head is motivating too.

Simmons :pimp:

:lol: @ the thought of OJ and Rudy playing together again.. They run uptempo style it could work :nerd:

Gasol getting that respect. I guess if you look at every advanced stat (which is pretty much determining how good players are now), he tests well in just about everything. I would say he's top 15, not top 10. But, it looks like he's getting a lot more respect from the media than I'm giving him :lol: .

This is why I really want to see how good he is without playing next to such a high usage player in ZBo. Give him a playmaker on the perimeter along with Conley and let the big man work his magic.

#NBArank

Tim Duncan 16 :lol:
Marc Gasol and Kyrie have become vastly overrated. Slam also has kyrie as a top 10 player. He's getting a HUGE media push. ESPN rank is always comedy lol.
Kenny the Jet Smith said the Cavs would win 58 games and Kyrie Irving would the MVP. I was like
View media item 538336

Reactions: Ube
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom