2013 Buffalo Bills Thread Vol. Free Agency

What position are we looking to fill with the first pick of this year's draft?

• QB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB

• WR

• TE

• OL

• DL

• LB

• CB

• S

• K/P

• Total voters
The announcement has been made that Syracuse's Doug Marrone has agreed to be the new head coach of the Buffalo Bills (although a deal has not yet been reached). Will the Buffalo Bills circle the wagons this year?! I sure hope so.

I like the hiring of Doug Marrone because he's a New Yorker, and he helped steer Syracuse in the right direction. All we need is a couple good draft picks this year, and we're set.

Link

Last edited:
The Buffalo Bills are looking to implement the "Moneyball" theory when making decisions on players who will improve the squad.

Doug Marrone has also been an assistant of Sean Payton's for a short period of time, and Payton has spoken highly of him. It is also rumoured that he will not be calling the plays, but he will look over his coordinator's choices and make executive decisions. He was a student of Oregon's & Toledo's offense during the 2011 offseason, and looks to use a one-back formation with a lot of no huddle. Sounds like a rebirth of the K-Gun offense, and we already have a potential Thurman Thomas in the stables.

Last edited:
Its tough being a bills fan. Man
Props .
Thanks, man.

With both Ryan brothers most likely being available in the offseason, I'd like to see us hire one of them as a defensive coordinator, and perhaps trade down in the draft to pick up Te'o. I'd be a fan of picking up De'Anthony Thomas as well to complement Stevie Johnson.

Big fan of CJ, hopefully the team focuses more on getting him (and Fred) the ball

Too many games they abandoned the run in close games just to air it out

Doug Marrone has brought over Syracuse OC Nathaniel Hackett and, this morning, the Buffalo Bills bring in ex-Jets DC Mike Pettine. Mike Pettine declined a contract extension with the Jets, in order to explore other job opportunities. Bills Mafia welcomes him with open arms.

Things are looking good for the Buffalo Bills defensive unit, consisting of standouts: Mario Williams, Marcell Dareus, and Jarius Byrd. With Mike Pettine & Doug Marrone coaching this unit, hopefully some form of discipline can be implemented to harness the team's full potential.

This year, Buffalo has the 8th overall pick, the 41st overall pick, and the 71st overall pick (with three more to be assigned in the later rounds) in the NFL Draft. Who should we take off the big board?

Most projections have us taking Te'o with the 8th pick, provided he's still available at the time. With the 41st overall pick, it looks as if Buffalo will draft QB Ryan Nassib (Syracuse), so Marrone will have someone familiar with his system to help the team transition. Nassib only stands a mere 6'2, 206 lbs, so I'm hoping the scouts have seen something that I haven't, because I'm not a big fan of small QBs (with the exception of Russell Wilson, due to his stable horse work ethic).

Most projections have us taking Te'o with the 8th pick, provided he's still available at the time. With the 41st overall pick, it looks as if Buffalo will draft QB Ryan Nassib (Syracuse), so Marrone will have someone familiar with his system to help the team transition. Nassib only stands a mere 6'2, 206 lbs, so I'm hoping the scouts have seen something that I haven't, because I'm not a big fan of small QBs (with the exception of Russell Wilson, due to his stable horse work ethic).
Brees is even smaller

Brees is even smaller
True, but Ryan Fitzpatrick & J.P Losman also stand 6'2 and I think we can agree there aren't many like Brees. I'm an always optimistic Bills fan, but I just feel some bad vibes from this pick. I have yet to watch a single Syracuse football game, so I hope I'm proved wrong.

Been busy with studies, but I'm back for the meanwhile. In roughly eleven hours, free agency begins. Will us Bills fans & Stevie Johnson wake up to a new WR on the squad? Perhaps.

With our 8th pick, I'd like to see us either take Geno Smith or trade with the San Francisco 49ers for the 31st overall & 61st overall, giving us the 31st, 41st, & 71st. Buddy could take the likes of Barkley (USC), Nassib (Syracuse), or Woods (USC). WR depth is strong in the second and third rounds of this year's draft, so we'd be getting our money's worth. Nix is a great judge of talent, so any pick made will be solid.

Stacking up on WRs are important, since Revis will be leaving soon, although I thought the Jets would deal him to the Eagles for Foles.

Merriman retired, but I'd like to take throw a shoutout to DE Chris Kelsay for sticking it out with the Bills. It's a shame so many of our players never won it all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom