2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

What does he really gain by going to Texas? It's not like he's having to expend a ton of energy recruiting to Alabama.

Literally the only benefit to him leaving Alabama for Texas will be his wife is happier in a big city. Unless they really are about to overspend so significantly that they blow the market out of the water, what else does he gain? 
Saban will be worshipped even more so at Texas than Bama (statue, etc) and it's another challenge to him. He said he'd only leave Bama for Texas I believe. Massive chip on his shoulder or something :lol:

Did Sumlin sign his extension yet? :nerd:

Last edited:
Saban will be worshipped even more so at Texas than Bama (statue, etc) and it's another challenge to him. He said he'd only leave Bama for Texas I believe. Massive chip on his shoulder or something
laugh.gif

Did Sumlin sign his extension yet?
nerd.gif
Sumlin's extension has been agreed upon, but as far as i know, it has not been approved by the board of regents yet, but thats just a formality. 

There's a meeting tomorrow to approve the extension for Sumlin...

I don't think Sumlin leaves for another college job. When he leaves A&M, it's for the NFL.

Charlene will enjoy the confines of Reliant Stadium.

98/1,240/7 for Amaro. Cue the Morgantown tape and OK State game. Yes, he's split out wide a lot. Pocket K's is my guy.

55/895/3 for Ebron. I don't care how you project either at the next level, Jace had a better 2013 season in CFB. No TE played better. Numbers, tape, anything.

seems as if UT throwinf cano numbers at saban heard this morning they offered him 10yr/ 100 mill plus 1% of the longhorn network revenue..........
that money he gone make off that 1% alone may be worth going cuz he WILL increase UT national brand and they will compensate him for it

For a network that no one watches and no one wants to subscribe to, how much does the Longhorn Network make?

Fresh off of saying he withdrew his name for consideration :lol:

Wonder if Eddie Gran will get another crack @ the Arkansas St. job since he has a year of OC'ing under his belt

i heard dirk koetter had a second interview with boise......
did they name their coach today?

For a network that no one watches and no one wants to subscribe to, how much does the Longhorn Network make?

"Texas will get about $11,000,000 a year from the network. And that number will increase by 3% annually until ESPN gets its money back from the original investment, at which point Texas' revenues from the network will rise significantly. "

-CBSSports circa 2011.

maybe they dont now but if he goes there you gotta know that the rating will go up

Last edited:
Come on now Champ you know that had Ebron got the amount of targets that Amaro had that Ebron would have put up better numbers.

Like I said, Dre. I have no problem if you want to select Ebron higher in the Draft or rate him higher as a pro TE prospect.

But we can't penalize Jace or hype up Ebron for amount of targets, offensive system, QB play, etc. Amaro's production was proven. It's in the numbers and on tape. We see flashes of greatness from Ebron. It's not fair to speculate he could or should be a 1,000 yard receiver at the college level. He wasn't in 2013 and Jace deserves the Mackey. Amaro should have been a finalist over O'Leary (and/or ASJ).

Like I said, Dre. I have no problem if you want to select Ebron higher in the Draft or rate him higher as a pro TE prospect.

But we can't penalize Jace or hype up Ebron for amount of targets, offensive system, QB play, etc. Amaro's production was proven. It's in the numbers and on tape. We see flashes of greatness from Ebron. It's not fair to speculate he could or should be a 1,000 yard receiver at the college level. He wasn't in 2013 and Jace deserves the Mackey. Amaro should have been a finalist over O'Leary (and/or ASJ).

I'm not penalizing Amaro or Hyping up Ebron based on the numbers.The numbers are a moot point, the tape doesn't even show Amaro to be a better TE than Ebron. I haven't watch Amaro play and thought that he was superior to Ebron. Ebron is the better player, regardless of the #'s. That's my ultimate point.

flashes of greatness from Ebron?

So the leading stat guy should always win awards? There isn't better Tape of TE than Ebron.

----------

Butch gonna have to cut serious fat to get Tennessee's class to fit in the scholly limit. Wow. Trying to land 2 more guys is insane.

Bama gonna mess around and get dragged in bowl game like they did Vs Utah :lol:

-----

Gators make any moves yet????

I never said the leading stat guy should always win the award(s). I gave numerous reasons in my public support for Jace Amaro winning the Mackey. First, it's a travesty he wasn't a finalist over O'Leary or ASJ. Secondly, Amaro does have the better stats than Amaro. Best at the TE position in 2013. Not by a little, by a lot. A wide margin in the numbers makes a difference whether you choose to admit or accept it. Not the end all, be all, but certainly a factor in the voting. Jace shouldn't be faulted because Pocket K's utilizes him effectively and often.

Ebron was a beast against the U, and to a lesser extent against G-Tech. But I still favor Amaro's performances at WVU and against OK State. I have no problem with football fans projecting Ebron to be a higher rated and better pro. It's likely he will be. But Jace Amaro was the better TE in 2013 in CFB for TE's.

Gunna: That last sentence is false. There's better 2013 tape of Juice Howard than Ebron. Howard is going to be one of the best TE's in the league if he learns to block well.

ComeUp: Texas DC or Sparty HC. Either way, Nard wins and he deserves it for the 2013 campaign defensively.

Narduzzi shouldn't entertain the UConn job.. He'll get a better gig than that dead end eventually. 

Not Even sure how ASJ made the final cut much less won the Mackey Award...Although I think Ebron was the best TE in the nation Amaro should have at least been a finalist over ASJ

Seems like ASJ got the McCarron treatment in that he was a finalist as more of a career achievement and preseason hype over his actual production

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 10s
Name I'm told to keep an eye on as potential Arkansas State HC is Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee. He followed Gus Malzahn from Ark State to Auburn

Back
Top Bottom