2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

[COLOR=#red]:rofl: at the Cardo reference. Got to hand it to Georgia...win or lose they get hyped for their team. But boo this video...all those Alphas and AKA's and only one Nupe??? Boooooooo

Shout out to O'Malleys...one of the most notorious college bars in the whole nation.[/COLOR]

wait "dawgs on top" is what fans are really saying?
roll.gif
roll.gif

can't wait for Clemson to end this **** week 1 
nthat.gif

2014 Draft “First Look”: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

May 2, 2013

QB, Scouting

bridgewater2.png

As we work our way through Spring and into the Summer, the name you’re most likely to hear amongst the top two or three candidates to be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft is Teddy Bridgewater, the 20-year-old junior quarterback of the Louisville Cardinals.

FRG Scouting decided to take a “First Look” at Bridgewater and his baseline skill set. We viewed three games from his 2012 season, and the following are our initial impressions of this highly touted quarterback prospect.

It’s important to note that our First Look breakdown is NOT a scouting report or final evaluation of the player. It’s simply a starting point in the scouting process for next year’s crop of talent.

Player Breakdown: TEDDY BRIDGEWATER, QB, LOUISVILLE

Complete Games Scouted: Syracuse (2012), Cincinnati (2012), South Florida (2012)

First Look:

Teddy Bridgewater (assuming he declares for the draft at the end of the season) is considered to be the front-runner for the No. 1 overall pick next April. He’ll have serious competition from the likes of JaDeveon Clowney (South Carolina), but all indications are that he’ll enter the season as the most watched quarterback prospect in the country.

Physically, Bridgewater stands 6’3″ tall and is a nicely built 220lbs. He presents with enough mass and thickness for the position and appears developed enough to be able to withstand the kind of punishment a quarterback will take in the NFL. He will meet all of the NFL’s minimum requirements for the position and will avoid any size concerns.

I expected to see more from Bridgewater athletically. That’s not to say that Bridgewater isn’t a good athlete. He is. But he’s a pocket passer first, runner second. And to me, that’s a good thing. Bridgewater has enough wiggle and movement skills to avoid pressure in the pocket and is plenty strong enough to break tackles of oncoming blitzers, but he doesn’t have a second gear in him. He’s absolutely capable of rolling out, tucking the ball, and picking up a chunk of yards on a scramble. But he won’t be confused for RGIII or Cam Newton anytime soon.

Bridgewater has started 22 games over the last two seasons. He’s not the most experienced starting quarterback, so another year of action will do him well. That said, he’s played in some big games during his limited time as a starter, most notably the Sugar Bowl in 2012 versus Florida in which he was named the game’s Most Valuable Player in Louisville’s surprising victory.

Bridgewater was a much more productive and efficient player in 2012 than he was in 2011. Last year, Bridgewater passed for over 3,700 yards and had a better than 3:1 TD to INT ratio (27 TD, 8 Int). He completed 68% of his passes, up 4% from the previous season.

While watching Bridgewater’s tape, I noted the following positives and negatives:

bridgewater1.png

POSITIVES:

Live, NFL caliber arm. Ball flies off his hand with ease. Plus velocity and arm strength.
Able to make all the throws. Spins the deep out as well as any QB has in a while.
Plus accuracy on short and intermediate routes.
Plus pocket awareness. Instinctual, knows when to tuck and run.
Uses eyes to look off the defender. Very savvy at such a young age.
Tough. Consistently gets up after taking massive hit. Demeanor never changes.

NEGATIVES:

Tends to put too much on the deep ball. Overthrows open receivers.
Struggles to consistently find passing lanes. Ball gets batted down at LOS too often.
Inconsistent mechanics. Confidence in arm causes him to throw off back foot at times, especially when pressured.
From Miami to LSU and from LSU to Louisville during recruiting process. Red flag?

SUMMARY:

After watching Teddy Bridgewater’s film, there’s no doubt that he has an elite arm. My notes are littered with “NFL throw.” The velocity behind Bridgewater’s passes is exactly what was missing from most, if not all, of the 2013 draft class’ quarterbacks.

So, what would I like to see from him in 2013?

1) Elevate game to unstoppable status.

Bridgewater has a skill set that can make him virtually indefensible. The talent in his right arm should allow for the Cardinals to win a lot of games in 2013, and he should make it look easy on Saturdays. If, for some reason, he doesn’t? Then it’s likely that he’s plateaued in his development or even regressed from 2012. If he’s a player on the rise, and worthy of the No. 1 overall pick, he’ll make it look easy next year.

2) Mechanics, mechanics, mechanics.

One of my biggest concerns with Bridgewater’s tape was his tendency to sacrifice his mechanics in order to get rid of the ball. While I know you can’t be mechanically sound all the time, I also know that if Bridgewater pays more attention to his footwork (especially on deep throws), he’ll have a near flawless set of tape.

Stay tuned for the full Teddy Bridgewater scouting report sometime in the late-fall.

http://firstroundgrade.com/2013/05/02/2014-draft-first-look-teddy-bridgewater-qb-louisville/

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]When is the last time a Black QB wasn't compared to another Black QB? :smh:

With that being said Byron Leftwhich 2.0??? :lol: :lol: :lol: [/COLOR]

Bridgewater isn't as big at Leftwich tho, right? And Bridgewater seems more athletic, tho I haven't seen him play a ton.

Nick Glass is committed to UGA but named a top 3 of LSU, Ole Miss and tennessee...

what are these kids doing man...

Bridgewater isn't as big at Leftwich tho, right? And Bridgewater seems more athletic, tho I haven't seen him play a ton.
Bridgewater can get out of the pocket and doesn't throw with as much velocity on the ball as Leftwich did coming out of Marshall, has the same toughness though. He's also a much smarter QB IMO. Nah he's not as big couple of inches shorter.

One day i'd love to tour the country and see games at different stadiums. I love Arizona Stadium, but I'm sure places like Beaver Stadium, Camp Randall, the Horseshoe and Death Valley would be sick

For sure . That'd be sick. I'd love to go to a different OSU away game every year

I really don't get that comparison but w/e 
As much as I jog my memory, I can't think of who he compares to, whether college or pros. Maybe a more efficient Chris Leak, Ryan Perrilloux, or recently Andy Dalton?

He can carve up a defense and also run for the 1st down, great at resetting and getting the ball off.

FF you've never been to the Big House/Happy Valley?

Last edited:
Bridgewater at 6-3 that throws first and runs as a last resort only sounds a lot like Geno from last year. Lot of people early thought Geno was RGIII throwin and runnin wild when really he was a pocket guy that could get out and run if pressured, not looking to run at times like RG would/could. That's how dudes made Bridgewater sound, pocket kid that CAN run if needed, but not a runner persay.

And Geno got beat down in the draft process. :\ I hope they don't do that to Teddy too.

I really don't get that comparison but w/e 
As much as I jog my memory, I can't think of who he compares to, whether college or pros. Maybe a more efficient Chris Leak, Ryan Perrilloux, or recently Andy Dalton?

He can carve up a defense and also run for the 1st down, great at resetting and getting the ball off.

FF you've never been to the Big House/Happy Valley?
Mark Sanchez.  You're welcome.

Mark Sanchez.  You're welcome.
I believe that scouting report referenced Teddy having a strong arm though
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/mark-sanchez?id=79858

"... he is regarded as the quarterback prospect with the biggest upside due to his superior arm strength, accuracy and leadership skills.

Analysis Positives: Ascending talent whose intangibles for the position are just as impressive as his physical tools. Cerebral player. Reads defenses well and rarely throws into coverage. Goes through his progressions quickly and takes what the defense gives him. Recognizes the blitz very well for a player of his experience and often targets the weak link on defense when blitzed. Good setup and a smooth over-the-top delivery. Legitimate NFL arm strength. Capable of making every NFL throw, including the deep ball. Rather than relying on pure arm strength as some of the other highly touted passers of the 2009 class do, however, Sanchez combines good velocity with rare anticipation, especially for a player of his limited experience. Consistently releases his passes before his receivers have made a break, giving the defense little time to react. Distributes the ball all over the field. Good short, medium, and long-range accuracy. Consistently places his passes where only his receiver can get it and throws a very catchable ball. When healthy, showed very surprising mobility for his size. Can evade the pass rush and will scramble if the defense gives free yards. Rare accuracy on the rollout. Squares his shoulders and can fire the ball with consistency and accuracy. Team captain. Blue-collar work ethic."

You're welcome.

welcome-to-the-kobe-system-video_300.jpg

Look man.  I'm a Trojans and Jets fan. I know exactly what Mark Sanchez really is
laugh.gif

I'm just saying they're getting similar breakdowns from scouts/analysts at the same age.

And truth be told, Mark wasn't that bad in college.  He managed the game sort of the same way Teddy does, could roll out and run when he had it like Teddy does (although I think Teddy's more athletic), and arm questions aside now, Mark was throwing the deep ball.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom