2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

I'm not surprised about anything I read about Da'Rick Rogers He played basketball on my uncle's AAU team a few yeas ago. Kid's athleticism is out of this world, he wasn't polished or basketball coordinated from what I remember though. But son is a headcase, him and his cousin were on the team and them boys never seemed right in the head.

Come on Gunna, I know you're a contrarian at heart but you're talking silliness.  Oregon can definitely win but destroy SC by 20+ at the Coliseum with our returning squad?  Come on :lol:

If I was just a contrarian I would just go against the flow just to do it. and I'd be factually wrong about everything I post.

:lol:  Gunna somewhere in a corner like..

why would I be in the corner?

I said dude should have been kicked off the team in Spring after getting into it with the S&C coach.

Dude is a N'ucklehead of epic proportions.

Everett Golson is expected to be named the Notre Dame starting quarterback today, according to Keith Arnold of NBC Sports, as the team prepares for its opener in Dublin, Ireland next week against Navy

Last edited:
Teams with most NFL prospects

LSU leads the way, but USC, Georgia are close among 22 teams listed

Updated: August 23, 2012, 2:42 PM ET
By Mel Kiper Jr. | ESPN Insider

With college football kicking off, it's time to look at the teams with the top NFL talent on the roster as of today. Quickly, since a lot of you don't bother to read them before commenting, some parameters up front.

• These teams are ranked based on players who would be given an NFL draft grade right now, based on my grades, and where they stand among NFL evaluators.

• This list omits freshmen except for exceptional cases. Jadeveon Clowney, for instance, might have been accounted for last year, because had he been eligible, he's one of the rare freshmen who would have been considered capable of making an NFL team.

So think of this list as a ranking of teams with the most players currently considered NFL prospects. In some cases, a final audit on the rosters in the years to come could show more players drafted, but this is where we stand now.

1. LSU Tigers
No Tyrann Mathieu, no problem … at least as far as NFL scouts are concerned. Pass-rushing tandem Barkevious Mingo and Sam Montgomery could both become top-10 picks overall. Bennie Logan should become a great one on the defensive interior. The secondary has a pair of legit prospects in cornerback Tharold Simon and safety Eric Reid. The defense is loaded, but consider the fact that even their transfer quarterback, Zach Mettenberger, is a legit prospect. Keep an eye on youngsters Odell Beckham and La'el Collins.

2. Georgia Bulldogs
UGA is in a virtual tie with USC, and consider that the Dawgs' best prospect is a Trojans transfer. Jarvis Jones could be the best pass-rusher in the draft next April. John Jenkins is a rising defensive tackle, and this is a huge year for Aaron Murray in the eyes of evaluators. Keep an eye on Malcolm Mitchell, a potential star both ways, a la former Georgia great Champ Bailey.

3. USC Trojans
The Trojans already look like an NFL team at the skill positions, with more on the way. Matt Barkley, Robert Woods and Marqise Lee are all big-time prospects, and both tight ends will end up drafted when ready. The offensive line is stacked with NFL potential, and the secondary will get looks with T.J. McDonald and Nickell Robey.

4. Florida State Seminoles
Jimbo Fisher's aggressive recruiting has paid off, and the roster is starting to again resemble the 1990s Seminoles, which fed the NFL talent yearly. Bjoern Werner and Brandon Jenkins are pass-rushing prospects, DB Xavier Rhodes is a first-round talent, and the young offensive line is on the radar. Don't forget EJ Manuel, who has a chance to rise fast.

5. Alabama Crimson Tide
The NFL has taken its fair share of Tide talent, but the cupboard isn't bare. Start with the offensive line. Every one of these guys could land in the NFL. D.J. Fluker, Barrett Jones, Chance Warmack and Cyrus Kouandjio could make running easy. Jesse Williams (DT) and Dee Milliner (CB) are major prospects on D, as are youngsters Trey DePriest (LB) and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (DB).

6. Ohio State Buckeyes
The defensive line, with Johnathan Hankins at D-tackle and the versatile John Simon, is elite, and the usual depth of prospects is there in Columbus. Keep an eye on young wide receiver Devin Smith.

7. Stanford Cardinal
It shows just what Jim Harbaugh left behind that Stanford still has so much talent even after the departure of Andrew Luck, Coby Fleener and Johnathan Martin this year. Defensive talent is there with Shayne Skov and Chase Thomas, and perhaps no team has a better pair of tight ends, with Zach Ertz and Levine Toilolo around. There's a lot of young talent on this roster as recruiting has picked up.

8. Texas Longhorns
The Horns have major talent at corner led by Carrington Byndom and Quandre Diggs, and at defensive end with Alex Okafor and the still-improving Jackson Jeffcoat. Running back tandem Malcolm Brown and Joe Bergeron could both become feature backs at the next level.

9. Oklahoma Sooners
Landry Jones is back, and free safety Tony Jefferson leads the prospect surge on defense. Kenny Stills will have a big year catching the ball, and Demontre Hurst will look to become a shutdown corner. The talent isn't spectacular in Norman, but there's a lot of good youth.

10. Michigan Wolverines
Taylor Lewan could be the next great tackle from Michigan. Jordan Kovacs (S) and Kenny Demens (LB) are both good players, and there are several underclassmen who could emerge. Denard Robinson? He's definitely a prospect, but at wide receiver.
The next dozen

These are schools with a good amount of NFL talent but that fall outside of the top list. Because so many of them are in a virtual tie (seven of these schools came in with 13 current prospects), I grouped them together.

Clemson Tigers: Sammy Watkins highlights the young talent, and Stephone Anthony could become a star at linebacker.

Michigan State Spartans: If William Gholston plays to potential, he could be a top-10 pick in April at defensive end. Max Bullough and Johnny Adams both have a first-round ceiling. Running back Le'Veon Bell should have a big year.

Tennessee Volunteers: Tyler Bray will draw debate, but he's a prospect. The receivers are very talented, with Da'Rick Rogers (currently suspended) and Justin Hunter leading the way for a group that has depth.

Oregon Ducks: Look for defensive end Dion Jordan to put up big sack numbers. Safety John Boyett is a good one.

Virginia Tech Hokies: There's some rebuilding going on, but Logan Thomas could turn into the No. 1 overall pick if he has a great year with a so-so supporting cast.

Oklahoma State Cowboys: This isn't a star-studded group, but Mike Gundy has better depth than ever. Joseph Randle could push to be the top RB taken next spring.

Florida Gators: They will get even better next year, because the freshman and sophomore classes are loaded. Ronald Powell (DE), Sharrif Floyd (DT) and Matt Elam (S) are names to watch.

Auburn Tigers: Corey Lemonier is a big-time pass-rush prospect for the Tigers.

South Carolina Gamecocks: Not quite the depth of some other SEC teams, but loaded at the top. Clowney could be a future No. 1 overall pick. Marcus Lattimore is back healthy in 2011. Plenty of talent for the Ol' Ball Coach.

West Virginia Mountaineers: The Geno Smith-to-Tavon Austin combo will be witnessed by scouts every week.

Notre Dame Fighting Irish: Tight end Tyler Eifert might be the country's best, and linebacker Manti Te'o would be a first-rounder if we drafted today.

TCU Horned Frogs: Don't be surprised, as the Frogs have increased their depth of talent in recent years. Casey Pachall could end up being drafted higher than Andy Dalton (35th overall in 2011).

Nebraska Cornhuskers: Kicker Brett Maher is a good one, but there is depth, if not elite talent, all over.

New Unis Notre Dame is going to wearing for the game against Miami as part of their Shamrock Series:

USC will lose at least twice. The Ducks and that game when they go and play at Utah are L's.

Before he accepted Williams as a transfer, Sumlin put together a case similar to the one TAMU was facing with Williams and presented it to the NCAA, asking how they would respond to such a case. They told him that they would rule that player eligible for immediate play...then ruled Williams ineligible.
Doesn't really make much sense, but it is what it is.
seen how most these guys transfers because of PT the NCAA should rule that they all have to sit out a year, but the NCAA wants to act stupid and let some guys play and others not.

brandon williams is from texas you can make a easy case he transfered to be closer to home, yet amir carlisle transfers to ND and eligible to play this year. what kind of case can he make when he is from socal to why he transfered to ND?

Keivarae Russell has already won the opposite starting CB job opposite Bennett Jackson since Lo Wood tore his ACL. Yikes, excited for his potential - scared for this year. Then again, he can't be worse than Wood.

Davonte Neal will be returning punts.

seen how most these guys transfers because of PT the NCAA should rule that they all have to sit out a year, but the NCAA wants to act stupid and let some guys play and others not.

brandon williams is from texas you can make a easy case he transfered to be closer to home, yet amir carlisle transfers to ND and eligible to play this year. what kind of case can he make when he is from socal to why he transfered to ND?
I agree on the transfer issue. I'd like to hear the NCAA's reasoning behind each case.

Williams supposedly transferred to be closer to his daughter (Brookshire, his hometown, is a little over an hour from College Station). Sounds noble enough, but I guess you could make the argument that he knew she was going to be born before signing with OU.

Edit: Mississippi State and Oklahoma State are rumored to be in talks for a 2013 season opener in Houston.

Last edited:

Maybe certain schools CTC?

Emmert2004_relaxed.jpg

Keivarae Russell has already won the opposite starting CB job opposite Bennett Jackson since Lo Wood tore his ACL. Yikes, excited for his potential - scared for this year. Then again, he can't be worse than Wood.
Davonte Neal will be returning punts.

Both safeties are new starters too?

Davonte Neal... hope the kid is happy. The AZ situation (his father) was messed up.

just bought a season ticket to for boston college. they have a nice lil home schedule this year at home. Miami, Clemson, Maryland, Notre Dame, and V. Tech. Will be looking forward to this. not to bad for $190

just bought a season ticket to for boston college. they have a nice lil home schedule this year at home. Miami, Clemson, Maryland, Notre Dame, and V. Tech. Will be looking forward to this. not to bad for $190
I'll be in BC for the Clemson game.

We shouldn't try to meet up.

Sources: NCAA investigation of Mississippi State football involves car for Will Redmond

Matt Stevens

August 23, 2012 10:04:47 PM

STARKVILLE - The NCAA is conducting an investigation into a "potential recruiting irregularity" involving the Mississippi State University football program.

Sources close to the situation have confirmed to The Dispatch MSU Sports Blog the investigation, at least in part, involves an automobile purchased for MSU freshman defensive back Will Redmon
d. The Ford Mustang was purchased before Redmond signed with MSU this February from a used car dealership in his hometown of Memphis, Tenn.

According to a report from ESPN.com national college football reporter Joe Schad, former Mississippi State receivers coach Angelo Mirando is under investigation for the recruitment of at least one player. However, MSU officials are currently declining comment on Schad's report.

MSU officials released a two-sentence statement saying the school "over the last several months has worked in cooperation with the NCAA to examine a potential recruiting irregularity". The statement goes on to read that the investigation is "nearing the end".

After several attempts at communicating with the NCAA Eligibility Center, NCAA Associate Director of Public and Media Relations Stacey Osburn released a statement to The Dispatch confirming MSU's statement to the media but "have no further comment" at this time.

MSU head coach Dan Mullen said Thursday evening when asked by reporters that the investigation "has been going on for the last several months". The Bulldogs four-year head coach did confirm Redmond was participating in practice Thursday.

Mullen attempted to downplay the reports Thursday evening when told of the specific reporter who broke the news while MSU was on the practice field.

"I would try to get a little more reliable source than Joe Schad," Mullen said. "I'm supposed to be coaching at State College, I guess, right now, too, according to Joe Schad last year. Wasn't that the case?"

MSU announced Mirando's replacement as wide receivers coach would be former University of Minnesota head coach Tim Brewster. Brewster will replace Mirando less than four days after 26-year-old resigned Sunday evening due to what school officials called personal reasons.

After being questioned on the matter Tuesday evening, Mullen said he didn't have any further comment on Mirando's resignation except to add, "I'm sure down the road, at some point, much later on, we will."

According to a Memphis Commercial Appeal report, NCAA investigators have questioned a former 7-on-7 team head coach of Redmond named Byron De'Vinner. De'Vinner was also the same 7-on-7 coach of current Auburn University running back Jovon Robinson. Robinson, who like Redmond is from Memphis, is having his eligibility investigated currently by the NCAA as well.

Back
Top Bottom