2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Cardo I'm hearing Kolton Houston might be eligible to play
nerd.gif
Yea I heard his test #'s for that steroid have been within the allotted amount by NCAA standards every since that special on him aired on OTL... We're gonna need him for depth this year because I'm not sure Austin Long is still a part of the team.

Gurley, Marshall, Turman, Sony, Chubb & Mixon in 2014 dawg 
sick.gif

Sony, Mixon and Chubb? Nahh.
We also got the #1 2015 RB Jordan Scarlett and 2 more Top RBs in that class among others coming to Dawgnight to compete this weekend 
glasses.gif
 RBU ! Coach McClendon a monster.

Not saying Mixon is def gonna be a dawg, but he's very very interested without having ever being on our campus. All 3 RBs were told that we'd take only 2 RBs this class before any of them committed and when we got Chubb (Sony committed 1st), he and Sony both were informed that Mixon was still interested and that we'd still pursue Mixon. Neither mind the competition.

Dre, Turman gonna stamp himself in this season...

Toby Johnson (320lbs) outchea doing backflips, ready to go off the ACL injury 

What position groups are you most comfortable/skeptical of heading into the season for your squad???

Comfortable: Defensive Line... Looks like a solid 9 guys that will get snaps this season... Should help free up the LBs who have had trouble getting off blocks and also should allow our corners time to jam and recover... I like Countess and Taylor as the corners too

Skeptical : Offensive Line... Lewan and Schofield are as good as it gets as OTs but the interior is all new with 0 starts combined... Much more talent there but they need to grow up fast before dealing with ND that early
Pretty much the entire defense of miami is what I'm worried about mostly d-line and secondary we couldn't stop a damn slant route last year

Employees???
laugh.gif
they are UNPAID college students. What does NFL combine have to do with their academics anyway?

Wow real big deterent! That headline was good for su ckering in a few people. That holds no weight.

scouts will still go see their pro days

What a farce.

And the ncaa wants u to believe they aren't just the minor league for the nfl.

You would think with ed o'bannon about to crush the ncaa in this lawsuit, they would try to steer clear of intermingling their athletics/academics and professional sports
all true, especially how the ncaa is just a free minor league farm system for the nfl.  but this is the nfl declaring this new rule not really something the ncaa pushing.

U REALLY believe the NCAA didnt have a hand in that?
I'm sure they do and I think the arrangement benefits the NCAA more than the NFL (the only real benefit to the NFL I see is whatever weak correlation they may find between academic ineligibility and guys who end up being headcases in the pros.)  I guess I just sometimes have a tendency to naively believe the NCAA is way more likely to acquiesce to the demands of the pros rather than the other way around. 

I remember this being debated when the NBA implemented the one year rule and everyone was upset because they felt it was secretly the NCAA asking for it so that they could funnel players like Lebron and Kobe through if only for one year.

Can y'all just get 1 championship?

#1 rb #1 this and that....just be the number 1 team in January for once

Can yall be relevant for once ? Instead of the laughing stock of Florida...they should just use yall stadium to shelter homeless people...no one attend yall games any way

Yea, you guys should root for teams that are relevant and don't live off of their tradition.

That Vince McMahon gif had me dyin 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dre how hard are ya'll going after our WR commit Krenwick Sanders? Many feel he will decommit soon for FSU.....opening up another scholly for a Top WR 
nerd.gif

Can't wait.

Coaches told him that he will have a shot at QB but can also play other positions.

Just like John Franklin from last year.

Ben Gedeon a frosh LB that just reported showed up to Michigan 6'3 230lbs, benched 225lbs 26 times and ran a 4.6 40 the other day... Thought for sure he would get a RS but those numbers make me think he could contribute on ST at the very least... Reon Dawson ran a 4.4 flat but is 6'2 170lbs... Needs a little weight to play in the secondary... Liking the early reports on the frosh

Back
Top Bottom