2013 thus far has been a terrible year for Music

Well i mostly listen to hip hop and rap but the year is almost half way thru and so far the music has been slum :smh: and it even reflects on NT's music forum .. im here listening to albums and mixtapes that came out the last couple years

what do you guys think? agree? disagree?

what are some good albums that have already released this year?

Last edited:
No notable albums have really come out so far . . . ASAP's album was nice . . . Future has been dropping bangers all year though . . . very consistent on that tip . . .

Waiting for Kanye, Drake, Cole, Possibly Jay

Ross and Wale may or may not have good albums . . . maybe Stalley too . . .

Also waiting for that yearly rookie who takes the game by storm . . .

mainstream rap (that same lineup of features over and over again) been winning..if you're not into that

then its been a pretty slow year thus far...

for rap maybe..

for other genres i can honestly say that 2013 has been insane so far..

great music has been coming out left and right, especially this month.

for rap maybe..

You got any reccomendations? Only thing I really listen to outside of rap is Toro Y Moi

I wasn't even all that impressed by Indicud. Rocky's album was good... Tylers joint was meh, i cant even think of anything else at the moment

i just hope that this will lead to the 2nd half of 2013 to be mind blowing...

for rap maybe..

You got any reccomendations? Only thing I really listen to outside of rap is Toro Y Moi
check out this thread..

i pretty much put everything that i have liked this year in there, the INDIE thread has some good stuff too.

http://niketalk.com/t/524920/post-your-favorite-albums-of-2013-ongoing-thread/0_20

The second half will def be better,

I know Wale, Ross, and Q are all dropping projects I don't know who else though

Future and all his random hits

KRIT came threw with crack as always but im guessin the july threw december will be much better

It's just been slow a year for rap, the quality hasn't been bad just not a lot of releases.

These three projects have more than held me down though. 

Dont listen to any current artists in other genres so I can only speaking on hip hop n the problem with hip hop is that most of its best content arent even on albums smh. Ive only heard 2 mainstream hip hop albums this year and thats ASAPs & Cudi n they were both alright. Nothing noteworthy or classic at all tho so I kinda agree with this being a weak year so far well at least for hip hop

Indicud
The 20/20 Experience
King Remembered in Time
Wolf
LongLiveA$AP
12 Reasons To Die

All have carried the year well so far for me... Im also looking forward to Cole, Wale, Ross, Q, & Earl's upcoming projects.

yeah, years been pretty weak...every album that i've liked has had short replay value...

times like this, i get on my Spotify game and start listening to older ****...

K.R.I.T.
Curren$y: New Jet City
A$AP: LongLoveA$AP
Young Roddy: Good Sense 2

All got most of the play for me so far this year... Been slacking hard on new music though. Waiting on new Q, Stalley, maybe a Wiz mixtape, Dom K...

Need tunes for the summer :smokin

Don't sleep.

I do find myslef looking in the "unreleased" section of Livemixtapes almost everyday trying to find something to anticipate lol.

Back
Top Bottom