2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the training staff needs to go regardless of this Randle thing.

We've been so damn injury prone since Alex mckechnie left. Go get that guy or find another one like him. 

Randle was a wash this year anyway right? Might as well go in and get everything fixed.

Will the new surgery mess up his time table of next year?

Just read all they are doing is replacing the screw...can't be that huge a deal.
Shoulda been done in the summer. 

Why were they so vehement about it being a non issue? 

Incompetent training staff.
He was seen by the top foot doctor in the country, who happens to be in Indiana and he's the one who said the foot thing is no major concern. 
So why are they fixing it now if it's still a non issue. 
According to the top foot doctor in the country (not exaggerating), the foot issue was a non-issue. I'm just addressing it's not the training staff who always decides these things. They get outside opinions from the top doctors in the country. 

And to answer your question, from my understanding this procedure isn't needed, but is more of a preventative thing. It probably wasn't done along with the leg because the screw is in the other foot. Let the leg heal first so he can bear weight on it while he can't put weight when they do the screw thing. It's minor, relax guys. 

Last edited:
And you guys said they have a plan. They're just making this **** up as they go along. We're going to be in purgatory or worse for the next 4 years.

Man, I said they had a plan like 2 years ago. These fools been playin with their ***** since then. :lol:

If they had a plan, we wouldn't be stressed. We need to suck even more than expected on top of their idiocy. To "get lucky" so to speak.

Serious, Mitch right now the type to get the 5th pick and just give it to the Suns anyway just to be fair. :lol:

The screw is in the same foot as the broken leg.

(Least I thought so, maybe I'm off).
Actually I may be off, my bad. Then I have no explanation 
laugh.gif
 Apologize about that. 

Last edited:
But I thought I was off base saying we gone strike out on everyone and won't be competitive again due to a number of factors until 2018 at the earliest and got laughed at. Don't look so funny now does it.

Last edited:
But I thought I was of base saying we gone strike out on everyone and won't be competitive again due to a number of factors until 2018 at the earliest and got laughed at. Don't look so funny now does it.
You're a wizard Mamba MVP.

It's looking more and more like we're gonna be trash for a long period of time.

Knicks bout to flourish with Okafor 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Not quite a wizard. More of a warg. My coach Cal connect didn't come through :lol:

But I thought I was off base saying we gone strike out on everyone and won't be competitive again due to a number of factors until 2018 at the earliest and got laughed at. Don't look so funny now does it.

Yeah, you're still off base based on how you got there.

Getting the top 5 pick helps attract people, not push them away til 2018.

NOT getting a top 5 talent is what can help push guys away til 2018.

On the bright side, not getting the picks will help get Jim, Mitch, and Byron fired. So some good could still come of it I suppose. :lol:

Yeah, you're still off base based on how you got there.

On the bright side, not getting the picks will help get Jim, Mitch, and Byron and Gary Vitti and the rest of the bum *** training staff  fired. So some good could still come of it I suppose.
laugh.gif
Fixed. (Not really losing doesnt help with that, but I can hope 
laugh.gif
)

Huh?

Why would Stars, who are chasing a championship, want to play with a young 20-21 year old kid?

Huh?

Why would Stars, who are chasing a championship, want to play with a young 20-21 year old kid?

Not all "stars" are chasing championships asap. But they can join others and try. Dragic + Marc Gasol could join Randle, Top 5, Kobe, etc.

Bron joined Kyrie, Wiggins, Bennett, but sold some off for Love.

Iggy joined Steph/Klay right after Klay's rookie year.

It doesn't have to be all in 2015 either, could be in 2015-16-17.

Shaq joined Nick, Eddie, Elden, and the rooks Kobe/Fish.

Talent is talent. Guys don't have to win a title in one year. Build a core, make multiple runs at it.

Get the right piece, players will join for multiple reasons. City, weather, girls, money, AND legacy/talent.

That's why we diff from Minny, Utah, ORLD. They get young studs, but no money, crap city, no history, boring towns, etc.
Give us same talent, FA's more inclined to choose us based on extra factors.

Like Ray Allen choosing Miami, over Boston, but not going to Cleveland. Know what I mean?

Last edited:
And you guys said they have a plan. They're just making this **** up as they go along. We're going to be in purgatory or worse for (ever) the next 4 years.
Fixed.

As a franchise, we're no longer the LAKERS.

Just the Lakers. That CP3 situation was the first real clue for me, with Jerry West leaving years ago being a very early preface. The big, bad LAKERS make that CP3 deal happen somehow. But us? Just the Lakers, who are the same as the Pelicans or the Pacers? Nah, the Lakers don't make that happen.

Our FO has completely taken the shine off of what Jerry & Magic & Los Angeles brought to the LAKERS.

Last edited:
Chris Paul came to the Clippers, why? Young studs, Blake and DeAndre Jordan. City, girls, weather helped. But young star helped bring CP3 on board.

Harden was 22-23, first year as a starter, Dwight joins he and Chandler Parsons.

Get the cheap talent, then you can spend on the expensive talent.

Thing is though we don't have the most money anymore, everyone is on the same playing field, these generation of players care more about playing with their friends than any history we have. And that history is continuing to be eroded by how terrible we are. One of our picks hasn't even played and even if we keep this draft pick the prospects of both Randle and him having monster years to impress a Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook to leave better situations are very slim
Which is what I've been saying all along. We don't have the infrastructure from a management standpoint, the talent, or cache needed to be that destination. All we have is money. I mean why in the world world Marc leave Memphis this summer to come to this train wreck. Doesn't make sense.

And you guys said they have a plan. They're just making this **** up as they go along. We're going to be in purgatory or worse for (ever) the next 4 years.
Fixed.

As a franchise, we're no longer the LAKERS.

Just the Lakers. That CP3 situation was the first real clue for me, with Jerry West leaving years ago being a very early preface. The big, bad LAKERS make that CP3 deal happen somehow. But us? Just the Lakers, who are the same as the Pelicans or the Pacers? Nah, the Lakers don't make that happen.

Our FO has completely taken the shine off of what Jerry & Magic & Los Angeles brought to the LAKERS.
Mitch "I believe this team has enough to contend for a championship" (EVERY GODDAMN YEAR)

What future picks have the Lakers traded away?

Edit-found them.

Man what the hell has Jeremy Lin done to justify being traded for a 1st?

I came in here to say things can't be that bad but damn Lin for a 1st :smh:

Even its a low first.

Double Edit- Yall got a 1st. That ain't a bad deal.

Last edited:
Stay in Memphis to play with a team who has a shot of contending with a great PG, formidable co-big man in the city i'm familiar with or go across country to play with an old Kobe, bum *** Swaggy P, and a coach who doesn't even know what the foul/score situation is.

LeBron James was the ultimate outlier. U can't compare our situation. Clips ewww able to offer CP3 way more money than anyone else and there were no other real suitors for him and he was traded there in the first place.

Both Blake and Harden had beasted a couple seasons before those guys joined up or in CP3's case the year when he got traded. You really expecting Randle and the top 5 pick to have that type of impact next year?

Last edited:
Thing is though we don't have the most money anymore, everyone is on the same playing field, these generation of players care more about playing with their friends than any history we have. And that history is continuing to be eroded by how terrible we are. One of our picks hasn't even played and even if we keep this draft pick the prospects of both Randle and him having monster years to impress a Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook to leave better situations are very slim
Which is what I've been saying all along. We don't have the infrastructure from a management standpoint, the talent, or cache needed to be that destination. All we have is money. I mean why in the world world Marc leave Memphis this summer to come to this train wreck. Doesn't make sense.

Did you see me saying hire Byron Scott? :lol:

Have you, or have you not seen me calling for Mitch's job?

Like I said, they are terrible these days, us pro tankers are praying we get lucky enough to get the picks despite their ineptness. Then we can hopefully figure the rest out. First, we need those picks. Figure out the FA's later.

And we have money, because we have cap space. That's money. Not actual cash man. :lol:

Edit-found them.

I came in here to say things can't be that bad but damn Lin for a 1st
mean.gif

Even its a low first.

2015 first round draft pick to Phoenix
L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Phoenix protected for selections 1-5 in 2015, 1-3 in 2016 and 1-3 in 2017 and unprotected in 2018 [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012]

2015 second round draft pick to Orlando
L.A. Lakers' 2015 2nd round pick to Orlando protected for selections 31-40 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then the L.A. Lakers' obligation to Orlando will be extinguished) [Denver-L.A. Lakers-Orlando-Philadelphia, 8/10/2012]

2017 first round draft pick to Orlando
If at least two years after the L.A. Lakers conveyed a 1st round pick to Phoenix, then the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Orlando protected for selections 1-5 in 2017 and 1-5 in 2018 and unprotected in 2019; if the L.A. Lakers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Phoenix by 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will instead convey their 2017 2nd round pick and 2018 2nd round pick to Orlando [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012; L.A. Lakers-Orlando, 8/10/2012]

Read more at http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed#kwCkG4yrS2cD489f.99

Edit-found them.

I came in here to say things can't be that bad but damn Lin for a 1st :smh:

Even its a low first.

Naw man, we GOT a first, with Lin. Not for Lin.

Right now our 2015 goes to the Suns if it is 6-30. If that happens, we keep our 2016 pick, but our 2017 goes to the Magic for Dwight.

If we stay inside 5 this year, we keep our 2015, give our 2016 to the Suns, and keep our 2017.

After Dwight left I just don't understand outside of giving Kobe that dumbass contract what more the Lakeshow could have done to change their current circumstances.

Did you see me saying hire Byron Scott? :lol:

Have you, or have you not seen me calling for Mitch's job?

Like I said, they are terrible these days, us pro tankers are praying we get lucky enough to get the picks despite their ineptness. Then we can hopefully figure the rest out. First, we need those picks. Figure out the FA's later.

And we have money, because we have cap space. That's money. Not actual cash man. :lol:

We're not the only ones with cap space though. Everyone will have it for the summer of Durant, including teams who are a helluva lot closer to contention and will be in better shape than we will even with the picks unless we pull an OKC and grab studs that have an instant impact. Which is a lot to bank on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom