2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I ONLY GOT ONE PM ABOUT THE BBALL SUMMIT

WHOEVER ELSE WANNA JOIN PM ME UR CONTACT INFO AND LET ME KNOW IF U HAVE A GROUP ME

IMA TRY TO SET IT UP TOWARDS THE END OF MAY

Quick question. If the Lakers and the magic finish with the same record who holds the tie breaker. Looks like they went 1-1 for the season.

Quick question. If the Lakers and the magic finish with the same record who holds the tie breaker. Looks like they went 1-1 for the season.

Wouldn't matter if a team swept the series.

You take odds of 4th and 5th to land in Top 3. And split the difference PLUS one.

And to decide who is 4th and who is 5th, there is a coin flip.

Gettin ready for another L today...

indifferent.gif

Ugh.

Family Business

The Los Angeles Lakers are on the verge of completing their worst season ever — no Kobe Bryant, almost no promising youth, and little hope for the immediate future. Team president and ultimate boss Jeanie Buss remains as bright and optimistic as the California sun — but would she fire her brother Jim, VP of basketball operations, for failing to keep up his end of the bargain? The only thing thicker than blood is NBA championship gold.
http://grantland.com/features/jeanie-buss-lakers/

She saw teammates connecting in a way that breeds camaraderie. It made her hopeful that the youngsters on the roster will develop together as part of the Lakers’ future. Still, she’s wary of getting attached.

“It’s really hard to be connected to guys on one-year contracts,” Buss says. Bryant, Randle, Young, and Ryan Kelly are the only Lakers with guaranteed deals for next season. “You have Jodie Meeks, who was great for us last year, but now he’s on another team. I’m going to get attached to a group of guys, then it’s like, Are they even going to be here next year? That’s the hard part for me. That’s good that I’m not part of the basketball side, because when they are on our team, they are our guys.”

:smh:

For the first time ever, we now know how it feels to finally be a Clipper fan...

It took forever.

[quote name="leemelone"]
Buss moved the painting of the seven members of the 2000-02 three-peat into her office after Mike Brown requested its removal from the players lounge.
whut?[/quote]I have infinity problems with this.

INFINITY.

[quote name="Kal-El-8"]
That’s good that I’m not part of the basketball side, because when they are on our team, they are our guys.”
[/quote]Family. :smokin "Our guys." :smokin Good looks, Jeannie. Way to look out for the family...[quote name="leemelone"]
Buss moved the painting of the seven members of the 2000-02 three-peat into her office after Mike Brown requested its removal from the players lounge.
[/quote]... wait, what?

But, 'family'? |I

Lakers Signing Dwight Buycks To 10-Day Contract
APR 2, 2015 12:26 PM

The Los Angeles Lakers are signing point guard Dwight Buycks of the NBA Development League to a 10-day contract, a league source told RealGM.
A dynamic, 6-foot-3 product, Buycks has averaged 18.2 points, 6.8 rebounds and 6.2 assists for the Oklahoma City Blue in the D-League this season.
Buycks started the season in the Spanish ACB league with Valencia, followed by a deal with Tianjin in China.
Buycks has played four professional seasons in the NBA, D-League and overseas since going undrafted in the 2011 NBA Draft. Buycks averaged 3.1 points, 1.6 rebounds and 10.4 minutes in 14 games a season ago with the Toronto Raptors, who signed the 26-year-old to a multi-year deal after his impressive performances in summer league.

Lakers Expected To Exercise $9M Option On Jordan Hill
APR 2, 2015 5:07 PM

The Los Angeles Lakers are expected to exercise their $9 million option for 15-16 on Jordan Hill.
Hill signed a two-year, $18 million deal with the Lakers last offseason.
The Lakers will be active in free agency, but consider Hill to be a good value that could be used as a trade asset if necessary.

Kupchak: No Lakers' Basketball Decision Is Made Without Me
APR 3, 2015 11:19 AM

Jim Buss has received a lot of criticism for his role in the basketball department of the Los Angeles Lakers, but Mitch Kupchak insists he remains as involved as ever.
“Unfortunately, Jim does get a lot of criticism. But no decision is made here without me,” Kupchak says. “If something doesn’t go right, I should be criticized as much as Jim. We are judged, by and large, by our success on the court, and that has to do with the draft, trades, and free agency, and Jim and I decide who we draft, who we trade, and who we pursue in free agency. In terms of talent on the court, by and large that falls with me, and I work very closely with Jim. But Jim trusts my instincts. Sometimes they are good and sometimes they are not good.”
Kupchak served for many years as Jerry West's apprentice before becoming general manager.

Last edited:
You can't be attached to players as a owner of the team.

Lifers? Yes you can get attached.

But she getting attached to Jodie Meeks?

And some of you want her to run the team :lol:

Last edited:
She can't run the team on a basketball side. But she is a GREAT business mind and is well respected around the league. Too bad she didn't inherit her dads basketball sense as well. He should have just trained her to run the whole thing and not just the business side. We wouldn't be having these problems.

I say she should go to Jerry West and offer him as much money as he wants, ownership stake, and her yambs to come back and be the GM again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom