2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
so which is the season the thread :nerd:

if swaggy was playing would of won by 20.

This is the new thread that was requested, I assume Ska will lock the other next time he checks in.

Or if he doesn't lock it, we can pick and choose which one we want to post in.

is there anyway to get sportsnet on mobile and internet access without actually having twc?

I'd pay a yearly fee for it.

i'm living in Boston and wanna watch the lakeshow.

Was it the Dwight Season or last season where we went 0-8 in the preseason?

liked the highlights from everyone, and I'm liking the new Bench mob of Lin-Clarkson-Davis-Randle
even tho our bench production was "good" last year- they were playing so many minutes and getting burnt out by 4th quarter

Nope the Laker channel is a regional sports network.

Best option for you is to get NBA League Pass. I think the broadband version is a cheaper version where u only pick 5 teams to watch and you pay like $99 for the whole season instead of $189 for the TV version of NBA League Pass.

Last edited:
Kobe looked... I mean... are we sure he busted his knee? Tore his Achilles? I'm not saying he's lying. Just... some video evidence that the Achilles was indeed torn would be very convincing.

laugh.gif

The hell they do to you in Germany when you have a major injury and throw a ton of money at them? They got some kind of 'human parts' island like that ScarJo movie?

Kobe looked... I mean... are we sure he busted his knee? Tore his Achilles? I'm not saying he's lying. Just... some video evidence that the Achilles was indeed torn would be very convincing.

:lol:

The hell they do to you in Germany when you have a major injury and throw a ton of money at them? They got some kind of 'human parts' island like that ScarJo movie?
This

Kobe Looks amazing

Please release boozer

Pls

Pls

:lol:

20/5/5 looks attainable :smokin

dat 8th spot.

bozr pls :frown:

And that's why, shortly after LeBron announced to the world he was rejoining the Cavs, Houston agreed to trade guard Jeremy Lin to the Lakers. The Rockets were still only negotiating with Bosh at that point but, having already struck a deal on draft night to trade Omer Asik to the New Orleans Pelicans, went ahead with the Lin trade before securing Bosh's commitment because (A) L.A. wouldn't wait any longer and (B) sources say that trading Lin to the Philadelphia 76ers would have cost Houston multiple future first-round picks as opposed to the solitary first-rounder the Lakers were seeking in return for absorbing Lin's contract. The Rockets, in other words, couldn't afford to let the Lakers move on without Lin if they wanted to create enough cap space to sign Bosh.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ericks-stole-chandler-parsons-houston-rockets

Philly making a smart move trying to secure multiple picks for Lin, and would have if not for us accepting only 1.

Good move by Philly, decent move by Mitch.

TWC Sportsnet adds another Lakers legend:

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 2m2 minutes ago
Antwan Jamison will be a Time Warner Cable SportsNet Lakers analyst and he will first appear on air on 10/22 before the Lakers-Blazers game.

:x

That's the same jackass that didn't even bother to show up to his exit meeting.

TWC Sportsnet adds another Lakers legend:

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 2m2 minutes ago
Antwan Jamison will be a Time Warner Cable SportsNet Lakers analyst and he will first appear on air on 10/22 before the Lakers-Blazers game.

We all win if Big Game James drops that fool at some point. Here's hoping. :lol:

Happy to see us take the dub last night. Randle looks good. :pimp:

The return of the black mamba :smokin

My prediction still stands for Kobe 23.4 / 4.5 / 6.5

1. A healthy Steve Nash is an upgrade over a lot of backup Point Guards (I know he's our starting PG, but I see him at best splitting in half with Lin). He's so smart on offense, that if he stayed healthy probably has 3 years left in him (Ignoring the defensive side of the ball). Lawson isn't a defensive stopper, but he is so much quicker than Steve Nash that he should never be able to get passed him, but uses his body and the body of a pick or other defenders to turn the corner and get that scoop layup. Also if he can find some space will always be automatic without a hand in his face when he shoots.
2. Jordan Clarkson will shoot A LOT. He attacks, so at least there is that. He made some nice corner 3s, which will be important for him to stay in the league if he's not going to be a PG. I'm still uncertain about him, will need to see more of him.
3. Jeremy Lin will never be able to shoot, but there are very few PGs who can get to the basket as easily as he does. Will be huge in the P&R game, and getting open shots for everybody. I already think there is a decent possibility that he is back next year.
4. Julius Randle is a god damn beast. He has so much strength. He's a little rigid, which will hurt how good he is until it settles down for him, but he already knows what he is doing out there. I look specifically at the one basket where he hop stepped out of the post toward the paint getting ready for a hook shot. He pump fakes, gets his defender in the air, pivots, and goes up with the left in traffic. That kind of awareness and getting yourself even the smallest of windows is something that takes years to use effectively. He's also so quick, quicker than almost every guy who will ever guard him. The one baseline reverse, he jab steeped and just blew by his guy like nothing. Also he has very good court vision for a PF. If you watch him bring the ball up off of a rebound, his head is always up, and he's looking for the open man. He will be really good as the roll man, if he gets a clear lane LOOK OUT. He seems to always awkwardly catch rebounds with his bicep. That's going to have some impact, but I think he'll still have a solid rebound rate. Only problems like stated: He's a little nonchalant at times, and of course that 15-18 foot shot. Predicting his stats will be tough because who knows his minutes, but I think 11 & 6.5 is an easy bet
5. Ed Davis was such a steal. Easy buckets on P&R and showed good rim protection. He will get himself a beautiful contract from somebody next year
6. The ball has trouble moving on offense. Sometimes looks a little stagnant out there.
7. Defense stank.
8. Kobe - The fadeaway and the baseline jumper are so automatic that it's like he is 30 years old off back to back titles. He looks healthy. Isn't looking like he's forcing it, he's playing under control. He is looking to move the ball, and hit open teammates. He's a little slow on man to man defense, he'll never be elite on Def like he was in 2008 again, but I think he'll get better with some games under his legs (He will still play Centerfield on Defense though :lol: ). Healthy Kobe is still Top 2 SGs in the league. We'll have to see how well he elevates, if he can still throw it down occasionally, I put him over Harden in a second. He's not human. Also something Ska will love, he looks like a leader even more than he was becoming over the last few years. He talks guys up, he is being vocal in the huddle, he is giving pointers, mentoring young guys, and coming off the bench to meet teammates.

Last edited:
What's up fellas! I am ready for a new season.   Last night looked pretty good,  first time I've seen clarkson really,  just wondering...does he ever pass?  I like the confidence, but isnt he suppose to be a PG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom