• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the dude is perceived superstar (Melo :lol:), the Lakers aren't investing into him for what Lance was looking for.

Don't bring up Hill, because he's on a short-term two year contract or Young because they have rapport with him/fan favorite/perceived role player.

It's being reported now that Lance was looking for a short term deal so he can get a bigger one in a couple years, ala Bron. He's betting on himself, which isn't a big risk considering he's only 23, if he would have taken that long term deal with IND, he would have been locked into a 9 mil/year deal where he more than likely becomes an all star in the next two years. That's grossly underpaid.

I find it hilarious that the Lakers couldn't invest 18 mil into him over two years with an team option for the 3rd. That's ludicrous, if anything his antics kept his market value down and he would have been a STEAL at 9 mil/year. CHA won big time.

It's being reported now that Lance was looking for a short term deal so he can get a bigger one in a couple years, ala Bron. He's betting on himself, which isn't a big risk considering he's only 23, if he would have taken that long term deal with IND, he would have been locked into a 9 mil/year deal where he more than likely becomes an all star in the next two years. That's grossly underpaid.

I find it hilarious that the Lakers couldn't invest 18 mil into him over two years with an team option for the 3rd. That's ludicrous, if anything his antics kept his market value down and he would have been a STEAL at 9 mil/year. CHA won big time.

he wants a JB contract, plus he wanna chill with MJ

Again tho Mamba, while I campaigned for Lance when he was cheap, 9 mil for 2 years is decent, yes, but it also gives away our pick next year.

Gives it away to the Suns.

AND, he could be a potential problem. (I don't think he is, but riskier than say Jordan Hill)

Would he be a good get? Yes. Nice piece to have? Yes. But we wouldn't win a title next year with him, so is he worth giving our pick to the Suns for, and still not winning?

That's the tough one. I don't know if I could give away our pick, to not win a title, ya know?

Again tho Mamba, while I campaigned for Lance when he was cheap, 9 mil for 2 years is decent, yes, but it also gives away our pick next year.

AND, he could be a potential problem. (I don't think he is, but riskier than say Jordan Hill)

Would he be a good get? Yes. Nice piece to have? Yes. But we wouldn't win a title next year with him, so is he worth giving our pick to the Suns for, and still not winning?

That's the tough one. I don't know if I could give away our pick, to not win a title, ya know?

How you automatically giving away a pick. Lance is that good if you don't trade for Lin or Young and Hill and just sign him and minimum guys like they did this season?

Nash, Lance, Kobe, Randle, Sacre is better than the team they have now? Really?

Games about to start bros
pimp.gif

summer league game is pacific time, starts at 7:30

none of my streaming sites worked on monday, hoping the do today. 

want to see how healthy Noel is. he didnt play in consecutive games, he might not play today 

Yes, I think a Lance signing would have moved the needle more than Lin+Young+hill resigning combined.

summer league game is pacific time, starts at 7:30
none of my streaming sites worked on monday, hoping the do today. 
want to see how healthy Noel is. he didnt play in consecutive games, he might not play today 
Oh ****, I'm tripping my bad. I thought it was at 4.

How you automatically giving away a pick. Lance is that good if you don't trade for Lin or Young and Hill and just sign him and minimum guys like they did this season?

Nash, Lance, Kobe, Randle, Sacre is better than the team they have now? Really?

Because I don't think they'd stop. I don't think they'd go with just min guys after that, they might have even convinced Pau to stay.

And Lance is another dog, + Kobe + Randle, IE, making it much harder to stay in the bottom. Even if Kobe gets hurt, still 2 dogs. Whereas right now, if just Kobe got hurt, Randle alone can't keep the team afloat. Something like that.

And if they brought in Lance, and didn't bring in the Lin/1st deal, you'd really be ok with giving up potentially 2 picks, just for Lance, and still not winning? See where I'm goin with this? That's gettin pretty spendy, on a 2 year deal, ain't it?

2 years, 18 mil, giving up a potential top 5 pick to a division rival, and an 8 mil trade chip + extra 1st round pick and possibly spending to keep Pau or anyone else to try and "compete" this year. All for Lance.

You'd be ok with that kinda risk? Just for him?

Well considering I don't think we have a chance to get the top 5 pick now how we are, yeah I'd rather have him. I don't think a late 20s pick is worth not getting a guy who has major talent and is a much better asset going forward.

All of this is conjecture about Lin, Hill, Nash, and whoever else being a trade chip and whatever is just that? Supposedly we had trade chips in Pau, Hill and Kaman last year and didn't get a damn thing. Pau turned down 12 mil a year from us, to go play for 7 with CHI, doubt getting Lance would have made him come back.

So yes, in a draft that's projected to be nowhere near as deep outside of the top 5 or so guys, I'm not basing team's whole future on the minuscule possibility of a ping pong ball bouncing the right way.

That's fine, that's your thought process. Noted. Plenty of us see us getting that top 5 pick with this direction.

When we get that top 5 pick, you can then hope for Lance to join in 2016 at only 25 then, or in 2017 at 26. Then we'll have both. :lol:

By the way, Marc Gasol & Rajon Rondo's starting contract for a max salary is $19.950mil

I think both (Rondo much more likely) will leave a couple mil on the table.

We go into Free Agency next year with $26.4mil in cap space (assuming we get another late 1st for Hill, keep our 2nd, and don't have another contract going past this year...Kelly is already factored in). Unloading Nick Young with our 2nd or the later 1st gets us to $31.4mil.

Last edited:
That's fine, that's your thought process. Noted. Plenty of us see us getting that top 5 pick with this direction.

When we get that top 5 pick, you can then hope for Lance to join in 2016 at only 25 then, or in 2017 at 26. Then we'll have both. :lol:

And when we don't, you'll be back to the drawing board.

By the way, Marc Gasol & Rajon Rondo's starting contract for a max salary is $19.950mil

We go into Free Agency next year with $26.4mil in cap space (assuming we get another late 1st for Hill, keep our 2nd). Unload Nick Young with a 2nd Round Pick $31.4mil.

Are you sure that's right. thought the raises were 130% of your previous contract+ number of years in the league? How's that possible, I mean LBJ went from 19 to 20.7 as his max, Melo went from 21 to 22.5, but Rondo is going from 12.9 to 19.9 next season after being 10 yrs in the league and Marc from 15.8 to 19.9 next season after being in the league 7 seasons? That can't be right.

We go into Free Agency next year with $26.4mil in cap space (assuming we get another late 1st for Hill, keep our 2nd). Unload Nick Young with a 2nd Round Pick $31.4mil.

Are you sure that's right. thought the raises were 130% of your previous contract+ number of years in the league? How's that possible, I mean LBJ went from 19 to 20.7 as his max, Melo went from 21 to 22.5, but Rondo is going from 12.9 to 19.9 next season after being 10 yrs in the league and Marc from 15.8 to 19.9 next season after being in the league 7 seasons? That can't be right.

Max is by years. Neither was getting a max contract before.

6 or less years - Max is 25% of cap
7-9 - Max is 30% of cap
10+ - max is 35% of cap

There's exceptions to the rules for accomplishments. I.e. Derrick Rose winning MVP shot up how much he could get in max.

Last edited:
In this new age of buddy and superstar player team up NO all star is signing with us

This has been my mindset for awhile.

On another note, Nerlins isn't playing tonight, would've been a nice preview of him and Randle going at it.

Last edited:
In this new age of buddy and superstar player team up NO all star is signing with us
Maybe LeBron started a new trend in going back home. Now reports are saying if Durant ever leaves OKC it would be to go to his hometown Wizards. If that's a new trend y'all would be set, unlike my Sixers. 

I would have told you that about Durant before LeBron left anyway.  Dude is a different breed. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom