• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="Bravelude"]I am not sure if policy allows us to create a separate thread for fantasy basketball for just the Lakers crew?[/quote]No. We have a fantasy thread, a Lakers thread, and an NBA thread. That's plenty to make a league off of.

No. We have a fantasy thread, a Lakers thread, and an NBA thread. That's plenty to make a league off of.

Okay. I prefer to keep it here as the primary focus was for the Lakers crew.

Ill update.once the gate open to create. haha. Think we.got.like 6 dudes committed including myself already. lol

Last edited:
Ska, he just called you a Jedi and you didn't even get insulted. :smh:
Was honored, even. Not loyal to either side, despite my sn.

Naw man, you shoulda felt insulted. :lol:

I've said it for years, I am 100% down with the Sith.

The Jedi and all their sensitive feelings & ****. Peace and tranquility and love, yeah, and you let the "chosen one" go and slaughter all your kids, rule the galaxy for 2 decades, all because it's "not in your nature" to kill someone for no reason. Yeah, how'd that work out for ya Mace, or Ben?

Next time you have a powerful Force user burnt to a crisp, with one arm, and one leg, you stick your ******* lightsaber in his back. Cuz when you don't, you end up in planet full of sand, all by yourself, while that dude runs **** and kills billions. :lol:

Stupid *** Jedi. Get some balls. :lol:

Perspective. :lol:

Yea seeing as most got what they wanted pro tanking wise we can at least give Byron a shot. No need to berate dude first chance you get. Might be able to develop done young guys cuz he damn sure ain't winning :lol:

Haha y'all acting like the coach was going to help.

We could have Jesus coaching, and most likely still miss the playoffs.

This season will mostly be an excuse for pro-tankers to argue with pro-winning fans....

No more no less, a game within a game...

But as always i'll try to enjoy the defective product we have on the floor...

Y'all really think we are THAT bad? With ***** *** popovich we wouldn't even make the playoffs ? With Phil Jackson we wouldn't even make the playoffs? :smh: y'all Trippin we gon be fun to watch, watch

I'm trying to be in this fantasy league comin up boys. What I gotta do?

pm me your yahoo. i will update a running list tonight, we got about 6-7 guys pledged. i will create the league and listen for ideas once i get it up. just want people comitted into playing, 82,games is.long, some.misses here n there, but understandable.

Y'all really think we are THAT bad? With ***** *** popovich we wouldn't even make the playoffs ? With Phil Jackson we wouldn't even make the playoffs? :smh: y'all Trippin we gon be fun to watch, watch

Nobody wishes that more than me, TRUST ME.

I'm just being realistic, if you even start talking about playoffs here, you going to get laughed out of here

The thing is, there are no transitional players there to alleviate Kobe. We all know Kobe is not gonna be the same. Last year, his averages were self reflective of themselves. Management didnt bring a big guy that could take the load off Kobe, or help him with the inside. Loading up a bunch or guards and shoot first guys wouldn‘t have helped.

This team actually had a chance for the playoffs had Pau remained. Now, a small and inept front court along with an aging Swingman won‘t last too long in the West.

Yea seeing as most got what they wanted pro tanking wise we can at least give Byron a shot. No need to berate dude first chance you get. Might be able to develop done young guys cuz he damn sure ain't winning :lol:
The problem is I'm not sure he can even do a good job developing the young guys. He seemed OK with the young guys in Cleveland, to an extent (even though they were ultimately terrible). But what worries me is his stubbornness and inability to switch up his game plan - I'm not sure that's a good mix when you have a veteran, "proven" PF ahead of Randle and a team that's still trying to be competitive.

And people have been berating Scott for a while, it's nothing new.

Last edited:
SCOTT’S REPORTED RETURNS TO L.A. BRINGS SKETCHY DEFENSIVE HISTORY

Only 86 days after Mike D’Antoni resigned as head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, the team has a replacement. As first reported by ESPN’s Chris Broussard, the Lakers are in negotiations with Byron Scott, who won three championships with them as a player.

As a coach, Scott has been to The Finals twice. But in 11 full seasons with the New Jersey Nets, New Orleans Hornets and Cleveland Cavaliers, he’s had a winning record only four times. And his years in Cleveland gave him a distinction that no coach would want to have.

The Cavs ranked in the bottom five in defensive efficiency (points allowed per 100 possessions) in each of Scott’s three seasons. That’s not just bad. It’s unprecedented.
Before Scott, the last coach to lead his team to the bottom five in defensive efficiency in three straight seasons was Mike Dunleavy, who did it with Milwaukee from 1993-94 to 1995-96, a streak that started when the league had only 27 teams. So Scott is the only coach to do it in a 30-team league.

Note: Before Scott’s Cavs, the last team to rank in the bottom five at least three straight seasons was the Warriors, who did it four seasons in a row, from 2008-09 to 2011-12. But three difference coaches — Don Nelson, Keith Smart and Mark Jackson — were responsible for that run.

You could look at those Cleveland rosters (2010-11, 2011-12 and 2012-13) and note their youth and lack of talent. Indeed, Scott didn’t have much to work with. But bottom five for three straight years speaks for itself. Scott had a No. 1 defense in New Jersey and top 10 defenses twice with the Hornets, but he wasn’t able to coach the young Cavs up. Under Mike Brown last season, Cleveland jumped from 27th to 17th in defensive efficiency.

The Lakers went in the opposite direction, dropping from 19th to 28th in D’Antoni’s only full season in L.A. With no real center and guys like Nick Young and Jodie Meeks playing big chunks of minutes on the perimeter, that’s what you’re going to get.

But the personnel won’t be any better this season. They’ve added noted defensive liabilities Jeremy Lin and Carlos Boozer to their rotation along with rookie Julius Randle and 36-year-old Kobe Bryant, who is coming off of two leg injuries and who played some pretty terrible weak-side defense the last time he was healthy.

Bad defensive personnel and a coach with a bad defensive history. For the second straight season, opposing offenses are going to love facing the Lakers.
Link

:pimp:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can not wait to blame Byron Scott for our defensive terribleness, for no reason at all. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"MDA sucks at the defense, we need a new coach, we need a defensive minded guy, who's been to the Finals before, we need, we need, we should......"

Y'all got'ch'ure wish. :smokin

8fWq9rQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom