Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you one thing tho...

Once MDA name gets dropped in here it's like a damn hurricane swept thru this thread :lol:

Such a polarizing figure haha

Byron Scott with a 4-year/$17mil deal.

Courtesy of Marc Stein/Ramona Shelbourn

Last edited:
Please tell me that 4th year is a team option :smh:

Should have been a 3 year deal with the 3rd year being a team option.

Thing is, I LOVED the Suns failing. Warmed my heart seein Zo suffer. F the Suns whole franchise.

But when I started to study how/why they always came up short, read The Book of Basketball, Lowe, Simmons, SSOL, etc, I saw the trend of terrible moves and couldn't believe it.

NBA fans were ROBBED of seeing a prime core of Amare, Joe, Matrix all in their mid 20's plus Nash who was still good thru 2011. That's a tragedy, bottom line. Factor in Amare's lost season, all the sold picks and 07, that's flat out mismanagement.

The Kings gave their everything. Every asset they could use. Came up short with full squads.

Portland choked, and then combusted. Full squads.

The Suns didn't have full rosters like those teams because their owner was inept and cheap.

When I view all that, I don't place blame on MDA. Adelman and Dunleavy came up short with full rosters. MDA didn't have that luxury.

For whatever reason, folks in here can't grasp that. They refuse to examine the reasons, just judge the results. *shrugs*

Forgive me for being thorough and understanding cause and effects. I'll try to be more oblivious for you all in the future. :lol:

Standard contract man, no coach is going to sign on for a 2 year deal. Stop complaining about EVERYTHING, jeez.

Ramona Shelburne just tweeted that Byron Will be the HC. 4 yrs - $17 mil.

Kinda figured it would be him after the THIRD time interviewing him :lol:

The Lakers hold the option on the 4th year.

Of couse they do, it's the exact same deals Mike Brown and MDA got, 3 year deals with options for the 4th. Mike Brown got 4 yrs/ 18.25 million and MDA got 4 yrs/16 million with the 4th years being team options.

Ok cool. That's a decent contract.
It's true. What coach is gonna sign a 2 year deal :lol:

It's essentially a 3 year deal. Kobe's last 2 years + the year after if he's done a good job. Not mad at it.

I never care about money towards a coach cuz it doesn't affect cap space. They could sign him for 100 mil all I care. It's their money lol

Last edited:
CP riding harder for MDA than he ever did for the lakers :lol:

this level of caping if amazing.

giphy.gif

You can throw the option thing out cuz hes gonna get canned after two years anyways

I hate antoni as much as the next guy but byron scott is worse

It doesn't even matter whose coaching.
It could be Sharyl Swoops for all I care.

I've seen the light and know we won't be seriously contending for championships until 2016 and beyond and by then, like you said Noble, Scott will most likely be canned just like all our recent coaches.

Who we hire when Kobe retires will really matter. That's going to be the coach who helps this franchise truly rebuild.

Thing is, I LOVED the Suns failing. Warmed my heart seein Zo suffer. F the Suns whole franchise.

But when I started to study how/why they always came up short, read The Book of Basketball, Lowe, Simmons, SSOL, etc, I saw the trend of terrible moves and couldn't believe it.

NBA fans were ROBBED of seeing a prime core of Amare, Joe, Matrix all in their mid 20's plus Nash who was still good thru 2011. That's a tragedy, bottom line. Factor in Amare's lost season, all the sold picks and 07, that's flat out mismanagement.

The Kings gave their everything. Every asset they could use. Came up short with full squads.

Portland choked, and then combusted. Full squads.

The Suns didn't have full rosters like those teams because their owner was inept and cheap.

When I view all that, I don't place blame on MDA. Adelman and Dunleavy came up short with full rosters. MDA didn't have that luxury.

For whatever reason, folks in here can't grasp that. They refuse to examine the reasons, just judge the results. *shrugs*

Forgive me for being thorough and understanding cause and effects. I'll try to be more oblivious for you all in the future. :lol:
Yes, yes we know. :lol:

Oh, we got it. :lol:

You just have a hard time w/ the following: "They know the facts I know, but come away w/ an opinion different than mine."

:smile:

You: "Since they know the facts I know, they must have the same opinion as mine. Those w/ differing opinions are clearly... stupid. Or need to know more facts."

:lol:

Who we hire when Kobe retires will really matter. That's going to be the coach who helps this franchise truly rebuild.

this. i've said it before, but the coach of this team doesn't matter as long as kobe is still on the roster.

and the whole thing about MDA. i personally don't even disagree with you :lol: i'm just sick of seeing the same old song

Last edited:
You guys think the 2012 season would have been different had Jerry Sloan coached? I wanted them to pick him so bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom