2014 BMW M4 Concept

i got invited to the BMW Villa at Pebble Beach where the unveiling was.
they mentioned in the invite that we'll be able to drive some of their newest cars...
the M4 and the Gran Lusso Coupe were both unveiled yesterday, the first day of the Villa.

i'll be sure to get some good pics of interior and exterior of both cars to share.

they arent trying to match audi, by far. 
audi cant keep up, we know this.
i think it's more so, benz.
mercedes is getting rid of their CL class and keeping the E coupe in its placement basically.
bmw, does the same but backwards basically they keep the 3 series a sedan and make the 4 series exclusive to coupes.
the 1 series is a go kart. benz has nothing, augi has nothing.
the 3 series is an entry level car. benz has the C, audi has the a4
the 4 series is a poor mans 6 or new m3. benz has the e coupe, audi has nothing.
the 5 series is a family car. benz has the e class, audi has the a6
the 6 series is a monster coupe. benz has the cls, audi has the rs5 and rs7 
the 7 series is executive. benz has the s class, audi has the a8

with this lineup, bmw can easily get and give everyone what they really want in their cars..
making each car unique in what its "specialty" is.

Congrats on the invite, must've been amazing.

Although this is mostly accurate categorizing, I do think that some of it is off.

The 2014 BMW 1 series will pretty much be in the same category as the A class and the A3, or very similar at the least.
And they will be introducing the 1 series GT, which may match the B class at Benz.
I think the E coupé is more expensive and larger than the 4 series. Benz has the two door C class (not quite on par btw), or the CLA, although that's a four door. And Audi has the A5, which is built on the A4's platform, that's why I don't think the RS5 is on par with the CLS or the 6 series.
In addition there are the smaller four-door coupes A5 Sportback, the CLA and well BMW doesn't really have anything yet.
I think the 6 series is in the same category as is the CL, Audi doesn't really have anything.
I'd call the four-door coupes a different category with the 6 Series GC, the CLS and the S7.

Out of these MB's B class, the two-door C class and the CL may be discontinued, at least based on rumors.

And to be precise they have their SUVs and a few cars, which are hard to define like the (I think now discontinued) R class, the 3 and 5 series GT etc.

bmw-m4-concept-unveiled-yellow-coupe.jpg
Who ever took this pic single-handedly changed my opinion on this car
sick.gif
pimp.gif
.  That stance, that aggressiveness, even the headlights
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I like it that **** looks sick
pimp.gif

Only thing I don't like is that part of the hood line... they should have just made it all one piece with the grille because that line going across looks so ******g stupid and just doesn't belong there to me.
I think it's because of the "pedestrian" system they have to install now.  Apparently, if you hit a pedestrian, or anything for that matter, the hood automatically pops up to reduce head injuries.  I've gotten over it on the 5-series
ohwell.gif

It must be my advanced age, but these days I prefer cleaner lines over all these vents/scoops/etc. Yes, the car looks mean, but it's just a bit too much for me.

Here's how I think it breaks down:

Performance models are in the same divisions as base models (M4 = C63 coupe = RS5)

1 series/A-class/A3
3 series/C-class/A4
3 series Gran Turismo/CLA-class (Audi has no 4-door compact coupe) ---the A5 sportback?
4 series/C-class coupe/A5
5 series/E-class/A6
5 series Gran Turismo (I think it's in a class all by its own)
6 series Gran Coupe/CLS-class/A7
6 series/E-class coupe (Audi has no 2-door coupe based off the A6 platform)
7 series/S-class/A8

I was really surprised that BMW decided to introduce the 3 series GT after selling such a small amount of 5 series GT's, in addition I think they're both hideous.

I know the 5 and the 6 series' are both on the same platform, but does anyone know if the 7 series is on a different one?

It must be my advanced age, but these days I prefer cleaner lines over all these vents/scoops/etc. Yes, the car looks mean, but it's just a bit too much for me.

I agree with you on this. One of the reasons the new S class is and has grown on me actually.

They messed up with the headlights connecting to the kidney grills. Just should of had it seperate. M6 > M4.

i got invited to the BMW Villa at Pebble Beach where the unveiling was.
they mentioned in the invite that we'll be able to drive some of their newest cars...
the M4 and the Gran Lusso Coupe were both unveiled yesterday, the first day of the Villa.

i'll be sure to get some good pics of interior and exterior of both cars to share.

Yeah, for simplicity reasons, they would have just kept the 3 to be available in both sedan and coupe, a 4 doesn't mesh well with me personally. I suppose time will pass and I'll learn to accept it, like the 1 and the 6. It seems now they are just trying to match Audi with the S4 sedan and S5 coupe.
they arent trying to match audi, by far. 
audi cant keep up, we know this.
i think it's more so, benz.
mercedes is getting rid of their CL class and keeping the E coupe in its placement basically.
bmw, does the same but backwards basically they keep the 3 series a sedan and make the 4 series exclusive to coupes.
the 1 series is a go kart. benz has nothing, augi has nothing.
the 3 series is an entry level car. benz has the C, audi has the a4
the 4 series is a poor mans 6 or new m3. benz has the e coupe, audi has nothing.
the 5 series is a family car. benz has the e class, audi has the a6
the 6 series is a monster coupe. benz has the cls, audi has the rs5 and rs7 
the 7 series is executive. benz has the s class, audi has the a8

with this lineup, bmw can easily get and give everyone what they really want in their cars..
making each car unique in what its "specialty" is.

I don't think it's that Audi can't keep up.

BMW just has 1 more option, the 4 series. But Audi has the S4.

Oh and there will be an A3 on the market.

took me a while to warm up to the new 3 & 4 styling but my goodness am I in love... the way the nose swoops down to the front axle like a bull bout to give you DAT WORK :wow: :smh: :x

Back
Top Bottom