2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was reading a Hawks scouting report on Deng verbatim during a front office meeting.

Yeah, but what does it actually mean though? How does "African-ness" have anything to do with his ability as a basketball player? So, in addition to being racist, it was a flat out stupid thing to say.

That '08 series against the C's made me think the city was starting to care. The Hawks actually had a homecourt advantage. I was at game 4 and the environment was ridiculous, especially when Joe Johnson went God mode in the fourth quarter. When he completely broke down Leon Powe :x

Not sure what happened after that. They've made the playoffs literally every year since too.

I'd be hurt if they left to Seattle. This is my favorite sport & I catch several games at Philips each year.

I swear some of these NBA owners' brainpower is not as mighty as their wallet size :lol:

Last edited:
It wasnt the Black crowd
No ones trying to hear any of this. Its a bad situation all around, but the guy was looking at cold hard facts and trying to figure out why that team doesnt fill seats, a question that NT has posed time and time again. Its always empty in there, ALWAYS. They were GIVING AWAY playoff tickets this post season, they had floor seats for a playoff game going for $500. Something wasnt and isnt right there.

The reason the team doesn't fill seats is because they're an average basketball ball team with no shot at winning a title. Its been the same way for the past 10 years. Put a better product on the court with a chance of winning big and people will come.

Yeah, I don't the Hawks fans have always been as apathetic as they appear to be now. Its a long time ago, but I think they used to fill up the Omni during the prime Dominque years. And it seemed like the Steve Smith, Mutombo Hawks got good fan support.

The team doesn't put a product on the floor that people want to see.

That simple. Has nothing to do with "too many black people and not enough white people".

Keep making excuses for these ******** tho...

It wasnt the Black crowd
No ones trying to hear any of this. Its a bad situation all around, but the guy was looking at cold hard facts and trying to figure out why that team doesnt fill seats, a question that NT has posed time and time again. Its always empty in there, ALWAYS. They were GIVING AWAY playoff tickets this post season, they had floor seats for a playoff game going for $500. Something wasnt and isnt right there.
The reason the team doesn't fill seats is because they're an average basketball ball team with no shot at winning a title. Its been the same way for the past 10 years. Put a better product on the court with a chance of winning big and people will come.
There are a bunch of other NBA cities that have and some that continue to not put out good basketball and still fill seats.
The team doesn't put a product on the floor that people want to see.

That simple. Has nothing to do with "too many black people and not enough white people".

Keep making excuses for these ******** tho...
I dont think it has to do with those reasons either, dude was grasping at straws there. This is just a terrible city for basketball in general, I dont even think people would go if the team was good. They just dont care.

Yeah, but what does it actually mean though? How does "African-ness" have anything to do with his ability as a basketball player? So, in addition to being racist, it was a flat out stupid thing to say.

Yeah I don't even know what they were trying to say. It was definitely a dumb move on their part,I'm sure worse things are said during those closed door meetings too.

That '08 series against the C's made me think the city was starting to care. The Hawks actually had a homecourt advantage. I was at game 4 and the environment was ridiculous, especially when Joe Johnson went God mode in the fourth quarter. When he completely broke down Leon Powe
sick.gif

Not sure what happened after that. They've made the playoffs literally every year since too.

I'd be hurt if they left to Seattle. This is my favorite sport & I catch several games at Philips each year.
atlanta is like miami except with a lot of black people, front runners galore.

There are a bunch of other NBA cities that have and some that continue to not put out good basketball and still fill seats.

I dont think it has to do with those reasons either, dude was grasping at straws there. This is just a terrible city for basketball in general, I dont even think people would go if the team was good. They just dont care.

Yeah, I don't the Hawks fans have always been as apathetic as they appear to be now. Its a long time ago, but I think they used to fill up the Omni during the prime Dominque years. And it seemed like the Steve Smith, Mutombo Hawks got good fan support.

Atlanta would support the team if they had a player you would pay to see or a contender(See the Falcons). They Hawks have neither.

How many years in a row have the Hawks been in the playoffs? Bad teams aren't a legit excuse when they've made the playoffs every year since Joe Johnson signed there.

No players to watch aren't an excuse considering Josh Smith, highlight reel dunker and shot locker, was there for a long time. Joe Johnson's been a top guard. Still couldn't fill seats.

Do they need LBJ/Kobe/KD to think about supporting a damn playoff team?

How many years in a row have the Hawks been in the playoffs? Bad teams aren't a legit excuse when they've made the playoffs every year since Joe Johnson signed there.

No players to watch aren't an excuse considering Josh Smith, highlight reel dunker and shot locker, was there for a long time. Joe Johnson's been a top guard. Still couldn't fill seats.

they are a night life city, similiar to miami....people are more concerned about hitting the clubs than seeing a game.

View media item 1171682
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ina_n_5775016.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Yao Ming Vows To Save Elephants By Ending China's Ivory Trade

Since retiring from the Houston Rockets in 2011, basketball player Yao Ming has set his sights on some impressive new goals -– this time without a net.

Ming, a native of Shanghai, China, has vowed to put an end to the ivory tusk trade in his home country to stave off the endangered African elephant’s path to extinction.

To bring his mission to the masses, Ming, 33, traveled to Africa with the WildAid foundation to document the poaching crisis for a new documentary, “The End of the Wild.”

In a recent interview with The Washington Post, the long-time animal rights activist opened up about his heartbreaking journey to Kenya and South Africa.

“Before that [journey], it was more of a number for me — how many tons of ivory, how much money comes out of this business. Sometimes the number is cold,” he said. “After you visit Africa, it is very unique. I felt that I built some kind of special connection with the animals.Ming originally partnered with WildAid in 2006 for a different animal-rights crisis. He campaigned with the group in China against the killing of an estimated 1.5 million sharks every week for shark fin soup, a delicacy, according to the Associated Press. Sales have since fallen between 50 and 70 percent, the Washington Post reports, thanks in part to a ban on serving shark fin soup at government banquets.

Now, Ming is hoping people in his home country will once again open their eyes to another animal cruelty. In addition to the documentary, his "Say No To Ivory" campaign has also involved television ads, billboards, and petitioning the Chinese government to ban ivory sales. ”[/QUOTE]

Good guy, can't believe he's only 33 and already out the league. I miss him.

They weren't a bad team just average. You just knew that team wasnt going to be more than what they were. Win a playoff series maybe and thats it. The Iso Joe and Josh Smith act was cool but after years of the same result its whatever.

Last edited:
ATL is a transplant city. A lot of the people from there, aint really from there.

The same thing can be said about LA, but the people here still support the LA team as long as they put a good product on the floor/field.

This was great. The fact you get to see Dion Sanders, Ken Griffey Jr., Michael Irving, Tim Brown, etc all in one video dunking is amazing. Repped!

ATL is a transplant city. A lot of the people from there, aint really from there.

Agreed here, the only time that the stadium is full is when Kobe is in town, LeBron, Durant, or Chicago and New York. Other than that the building is empty. There is nothing to see really. But, as far the letter everything he described is pretty much what you see when you go there. But you just can't say this type of stuff at his position. Situations like this is why the owners did not want the Sterling situation to come down to a vote, it would have been alot of other stuff exposed by Sterling about his fellow owners. If you listen to the Jalen Rose podcasts about Atlanta, NBA players may revolt if they move that franchise out of Atlanta.

--they seemed to have some sort of fan support during the playoff run when they took the Celtics big three to 7 games, and a couple of years after that...

Last edited:
I live in Georgia and have my whole life. I went to the Falcons season opener yesterday, and sat two rows across from Josh Smith, and barley anyone knew him. As an aivid basketball fan, Atlanta will never become a basketball city. Like someone posted earlier, people here care about the nightlife and post game parties, than the game itself, even Joe Johnson did :lol:. However, I will also say that when teams like the Heat, or Thunder come in town, games sell out, sadly, they root harder for other teams, than the home team, unless the game is close.

im trying to move to atlanta this coming january. id appreciate if some of yall could put me on to some stuff. and nobody supports the hawks? thats rough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom