2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did they wait this long?

This means Lil Zeke ain't gonna flourish next year 
mean.gif

Bledsoe got overpaid, hasn't had one healthy season - 70 mil 5 years.

Conley = 45 mil 5 years

Curry = 44 mil 4 years had SAME injury concerns

Suns just signed Isaiah Thomas, guess they're going forward with Blesoe at the 2.

Suns blinked first... good for Bledsoe. Young guy with his health history, damn right he should go for his big payday and he got it.

Especially that there's no options.. 5 guaranteed years. I figured they might have landed on big money over a shorter term so Bledsoe could get some money and Phoenix would have protected themselves... but nope :lol:

some of these teams are run by complete idiots

id rather let Bledsoe go then give him a lot of money he doesnt deserve nor EARNED. the fact dude actually won... :rofl: props

I'm thinking Suns got shook when Minnesota offered Bledsoe 60 mil, so had to top em. They got Goran, Bledsoe, just signed Isaiah, just signed Archie Goodwin, just signed Tyler Ennis, leading candidate to sign Zoran (Gorans' bro), I get you want to run and gun, but how many guards you need?!

Again, Minny never had the cap space to offer $60M to Bledsoe. They were just willing give up their bad contracts in exchange for him.

Last edited:
^ your right, just saw this: Goran Dragic said that he plans on opting out of his current contract after the 2014-15 season in order to quickly re-sign with the Phoenix Suns.
Speaking at the FIBA World Cup of Basketball, Dragic said, "Got a very interesting position with the club. Guess I'll break the contract and sign a new one. As I spoke [to the Suns], I immediately during the first week, when the market opens, sign and I will therefore be calm." Dragic is coming off a breakout 2013-14 season during which he averaged 20.3 points, 1.6 threes, 3.2 rebounds, 5.9 assists and 1.4 steals.

Not sure how they're going to make it all work, but will be interesting

got the money and the team suffers for it.

Making a run at the playoffs just got harder for the Suns

And that is the fault of the owners. I'm tired of this narrative that players should sign contracts while keeping the rest of the cap space in mind. Good for Eric and good for every other player out there getting paid.

If the owners are really concerned with winning, then they need to significantly raise the cap and do away with the "max" contract.

Get that money Eric. :smokin

I agree with you more than a little bit. Take the money, if the team fails blame the owner, F em and get paid if you Play.

They (owners) set the cap in theory and, decide to pay these B-name players so much the cap thins out and, if and when thing go bad it's on the player, nah man.

Story line here is: It's going to go bad for Hornacek and the Suns, he'll get fired and fans will complain, Bledose will get blamed(paid but blamed is a good offset if I'm Bledsoe)

But I'm that guy that harps a non existent cap.
The fan the businessman and the equal pay kind of guy for those who make owners relevant in these days type dude. The troll if you will (that's who I am)

EBled got his money :pimp:

If he can stay healthy, don't think its as ridiculous as alot of y'all insinuate (Salaries will be rising anyway).

A TRUE 2-WAY player, unlike alot of other guards y'all worship and d-ride.

Last edited:
I'm really interested to see how far these cap will go with the TV deals?

This upcoming season the cap is set at 63 mill, and Bledsoe is prob gonna eat 22% of that. Granted I'm not too familiar with their current payroll, if they plan on resigning Dragic, I can't see them letting Goran and Eric eat up 50% of their cap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom