2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya and they only had carmelo as a first option

edit: like the fact that jamal crawford coming off the bench is more integral to the offense than jj in the starting lineup just shows me he doesnt need to start.

like i said, in their starting lineup, hes the third option

yall be so quick to try and son someone 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Jamal comes off the bench for JJ because Jamal needs the ball to score. You can't put all your best scorers in your starting lineup, because of those bench minutes. Why is that difficult to grasp?

redick is the third option, he is the third highest scorer in the starting lineup
Right, because you said "In their starting 5 he's the 3rd option"
3rd option in their starting 5 rotation doesnt mean 3rd overall as a team, just within the starting unit. yall said yourselves they run plays for him.

obviously jamal's crawfords sixth man role makes him the 3rd scoring option and is what is keeping this team alive.  its a shame that crawford is not a starter.

And what he is, is one of the best players in the league. :lol:

Never said he wasn't. Specifically for the Clips, Blake's advancement and DJ's development will be the catalyst for them getting over the hump in my opinion. Paul isn't going to make some dramatic progression or leap at this stage in his career, the other two guys still have a lot of room to improve.

Jamal comes off the bench for JJ because Jamal needs the ball to score. You can't put all your best scorers in your starting lineup, because of those bench minutes. Why is that difficult to grasp?
i didnt say put your 5 best scorers, just your 5 best players.

like you said, they dont have anybody better right now and that sucks.

what im saying is as long as jj redick is starting, i dont think the clippers will ever make the finals/win a championship

I don't even know what you don't get about this. JJ Redick starts because he fits better with the starters. He doesn't need the ball to score. He can score by just moving around to his spots. Jamal Crawford needs the ball. If you start him, you lessen his effectiveness, same for cp3 and BG. Redick compliments them better.

James harden was our 3rd option when he was still with the thunder :frown:..

And then you have Manu with the spurs

Hell and we all know taj is a much better option than booz

i didnt say start jamal crawford. i know he isnt a starter.

the clippers need an upgrade at the 2 if they want to win a championship

like thabo is a liability for his no 3 - and D, but JJ isnt for his 3 - and no D.  

redick can play great in their lineup, its wonderful that he meshes so well.  i dont think hes good enough to win it all with.

all this talk about his effectiveness and yet hes mr first quarter right?

In the Clippers series, Durant averaged 33 on 61% TS. Westbrook 28 on 62% TS. And some of you dudes want LAC to get a better offensive 2 guard :lol: :lol:

You're just not ever going to beat OKC if BOTH of their top 2 are scorching you like that. Absolutely no chance.

What is this argument even about? Three pages and I've learned nothing.

Basically dude said that JJ Reddick starting at the 2 guard position for the clips is inhibiting them from taking that step. He then said JJ's role was comparable to Thabo's role with OKC, failing to account for just how drastic the roles are between the two players for their teams.

He also feels that in order for the clips to win, they need a more multidimensional 2 guard, who can create his own shot and what not, failing to account for the fact that that would take the ball out of BG and Cp's hands, which obviously isn't a good idea. He didn't account for why JJ is such a great fit on the offensive side of the ball for the Clips.

My ideal lineup is always:

Pass first PG
Shooter
3-D-transition guy
Stretch 4
Dominant C

Cant think of any team constructed like that though.

Last edited:
My ideal lineup is always:

Pass first PG
Shooter
3-D-transition guy
Stretch 4
Dominant C

Cant think of any team constructed like that though.
The Wizards are the team that comes close to his make up, depending on your opinions of Gortat

Last edited:
I like the Wizards example. Something like......

Rondo - Klay - Kawhi - Ryan Anderson - Dwight

Not a lineup that would be constructed in todays NBA though.

Last edited:
Wouldn't Marco Belinelli have been a better value relative to JJ Redick?

The Clippers could have spend that extra 3 million on an athletic wing

When I watch Redick doesnt jump out at me relative to how they were hyping the transactions last summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom