2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Damn some great two outting in the middle of the game to add to it. Roberts 3-3 big 2 out, then elsbury with anothe big hit, 2 outs none the less, then the cap't with a big 2 out. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Just got into work , listening to the game and Susan Waldman has got to be the biggest closet Sawx fan there is :smh:

All this bird talks about is Ted Williams and Wade Boggs and her bawston accent all of a sudden gets real thick ... I LOVE THIS BEATDOWN :smokin

Hell of a game so far

Ellsbury, McCann and Beltran :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin Great ******* pickups.

Great play by Solarte throwing that bunt, even though it was a little off. Great play by Mark.

Tanaka looks good for the most part.

Dellin was DEALING Ortiz and Dustin right there. My goodness :x :x :x

Last edited:
Solarte hasn't hit a thing in like 4 games, definitely coming back down to earth offensively.

But he's great on defense.

20 Games in leaders

Games: Ellsbury (20)
Runs: Soriano/Ellsbury (12)
Hits: Ellsbury (25)
Doubles: Solarte (7)
Triples: Ellsbury (2)
Home Runs: Beltran (5)
RBI's: Beltran (13)
TB: Beltran (42)
BB: Solarte/Roberts ( 8 )
SB: Ellsbury ( 8 )
BA: Ellsbury (.342)
OBP: Ellsbury (.395)
SLG: Beltran (.592)
OPS: Beltran (.920)
OWAR: Ellsbury (0.7)

Wins: Tanaka (3)
Quality Starts: Tanaka (4)
Saves: Kelly (4)
IP: Tanaka (29.1)
SO: Tanaka (35)
WHIP: Tanaka (0.82)
ERA: Pineda (1.00)

Side note for next season: Considering Nova won't be back pitching until somewhere between June 1st - August 1st, I think the Yankees will pencil him in as the second half #5 starter. With Phelps likely the #5 going into the season (Nuno, Warren with chances). Move Tanaka, Pineda up to the #3 & #4. Then go after the aces (Lester, Scherzer & Shields) they probably won't pursue too hard in the case of the first two, but could see them making a run at Shields because he won't get a long contract. If they get none of those 3, they probably move Tanaka & Pineda up to the 2 & 3, and go after (Volquez, Lewis, Gallardo or Cueto) for the #4.

Last edited:
^ Isn't Nova getting Tommy John surgery meaning he'll be out for about a year?

Bro, you gotta hide it better then that. What an idiot, especially because he was already somewhat targeted for it.

Back
Top Bottom