2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Yesssss

Warren out of a jam 2 on no outs

Robertson strikes em out to end the game with a man on third

Not gonna lie..the A's can hit

Needed that win BADLY

Not the best outing from Tanaka, but happy we finally got the W. Betances-Warren-Robertson did a good job holding the lead.

Really love the Betances-Warren-Robertson trio. Although I'd move Dellin to the 8th.

Both Dellin & Warren can go 2 innings without much trouble and not have it be a strain on them.

All three will make mistakes, and will give up runs because they are all doing brand new roles this year, but when they are on they are all beasts.

Probably the biggest plus going forward along with Gardner and Ells locking down 2/3 of the outfield defensively. Gardner has also improved at the plate, still really tries to work the pitcher, but if you make a mistake he will attack. If they put him 9th and Ells leadoff. Both their numbers will go up a lot. But I have no hope of that until next year. I hope :frown:

Last edited:
Really love the Betances-Warren-Robertson trio. Although I'd move Dellin to the 8th.

Both Dellin & Warren can go 2 innings without much trouble and not have it be a strain on them.

All three will make mistakes, and will give up runs because they are all doing brand new roles this year, but when they are on they are all beasts.

Probably the biggest plus going forward along with Gardner and Ells locking down 2/3 of the outfield defensively. Gardner has also improved at the plate, still really tries to work the pitcher, but if you make a mistake he will attack. If they put him 9th and Ells leadoff. Both their numbers will go up a lot. But I have no hope of that until next year. I hope :frown:

Betances is used to shut any potential threats down (which he does effectively)..whether it be in the 5th, 6th, or 7th..he will eventually become a closer (not this year)..but right now he is fine where he is

Kelly may be expected back soon so I wonder how Warren will be used

Betances is used to shut any potential threats down (which he does effectively)..whether it be in the 5th, 6th, or 7th..he will eventually become a closer (not this year)..but right now he is fine where he is

Kelly may be expected back soon so I wonder how Warren will be used

He will never become the closer... Robertson will have to be horrendous for a long stretch or an injury for it to happen. And if it does, it will be temporary.

No shade at Dellin, everyone knows I love the guy. But Robertson is the guy, and will be the guy for a long time. Unless something extraordinary happens.

Last edited:
Robertson is a FA after this year, right?

Exactly..he's had a one year contract each of the past two years..we will see..if the yankees do keep him there's also the possibility of him moving back to the stopper role..but def not this season..

One thing is for sure is the yankees are definitely gonna keep Betances for a long time

He has been arbitrarion eligible. That's why they've been 1 year deals.

Joe is not going to take the Closer role unless he really really struggles. Robertson is the closer of the future unless he leaves and it is doubtful he does, and doubtful the Yankees let him.

That was smart of them to go Lindgren. He'll be up at the end of the summer probably. Has some of the best deception you'll ever see from a LHP and he can get both lefties and righties out.

Whitley looks like a solid pitcher.. Longest outing of his career.

If he can learn to pitch for longer, which he's learning and building the stamina... He, Nuno & Phelps will have a nice battle to make the rotation next year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom